Ensuring no AI in map

Started by Dresh, February 18, 2009, 10:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
is there anyway that anyone knows of to disable the AI in a map.  I can change the number of AI players in the server software but that will hold for all maps running on the server.  Is there a way for the map to override the server and miss out the AI only for that map?

Unfortunately, the bots setting is global, and even with map adjustments you can't change it. If you could set it within the lua scripts it would require everyone to have it modified, but that can only affect SP anyways

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

I guess that answers my question then! Thanks dude!

Is there anyway to have AI spawn on specific paths and human players spawn on a different one?

Here's the problem, I'm gonna change how the league games are played so that ppl have to change teams less times.  I current have:

Lobby - map1 - map1
Lobby - map2 - map2

Each player plays the same map as one side then the other, after each map the player has to change teams, a total of 4 changes.
What I propose to do is:

Lobby - map1 - map2
Lobby - map1 - map2

which means players only need to change teams twice and can do so in the lobby!  The reason I was asking is that we normally pick a map as the lobby and what inevitably happens is that everyone runs around shooting each other and misses messages to get in the correct team etc.  I was hoping to build a lobby that is just the cantina with no guns do that they couldnt kill each other and we could get everyone in the right teams more easily! Anyone have any suggestions?

Actually, that wouldn't work at all as SWBF assigns teams in the order of join, so the team setup needs to be re-done at each map. And order of join includse what order the players start the next map

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Are you sure? I'm gonna do some experiments!

Edit: experiments proved conclusive (after one round)...you're right! lol

Still leaves me with the lobby problem! any ideas?