Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (Formerly Star Wars Battlefront Legacy)

Started by Giftheck, March 07, 2016, 01:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 05, 2016, 12:25:20 PM #45 Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 12:32:38 PM by Gistech
Star Wars: Battlefront Legacy will be taking a short hiatus and will be returning in a couple of weeks time. As it stands, here is how things are:

-Gameplay: Phase 1 is pretty much done, it's ready for beta. Phase 1 is the base mod and will be released standalone.
-Artwork: Needs some tweaks. Still have to convert the CIS Shotgun, figure out how to animate the display on the ARC caster and fix the positioning of the Republic Shotgun (First Person model appears fine, it's the Third Person model that has issues).
-Sounds: All sound work is pretty much done. I just need to make streams for Kamino GCW and Hoth CW.
-Maps: Phase 1 will unlock Kamino for GCW, Hoth for CW (possibly via Sereja's SWBF2 Hoth conversion) and Jabba's Palace will be added to the main stock rotation. Phase 2 will feature some new maps. One of these is the aforementioned rebuilding of the Hoth: Echo Base map I have been posting images of above, as well as a conversion of the Coruscant map from SWBF3. There will also be SWBF2 conversions included (done by the talented Sereja on SWBFGamers) and a couple of other maps I feel woul be one justice with my mod. Others are currently in the conceptual stage.

With these in mind, is there anybody who wants to beta test?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

If there is a spot open, I would love to beta test and give some reports/feedback.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

I don't mind testing the beta as well  :D
By the way, any plans on updating you're previously converted Naboo Prototype for this mod? Despite being a test map, I find myself quite fond of it.

It'll be one of the maps included in Phase 2.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

June 09, 2016, 02:13:16 AM #50 Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 02:31:27 AM by Gistech
Well, that hiatus was short-lived. Here's a couple of hero units I converted for my mod:

They largely share the same body parts (rather than de-poly X1's head I just modified X2's). The torsos are the only parts I've had to change. These won't feature in the base mod (Phase 1) but will feature in Phase 2 as heroes. In Phase 3, they may be playable in the custom campaign.

Here's how I work out the models:

Max poly limit for unit models is 2500 tris. Soldiers have 2000 tris, while lesser-populated units such as the Heavy and Sniper are allowed to hit the 2500 limit. Heroes are also allowed to hit this limit. Weapons: thir person models can be up to 1000 tris, while third person models can be up to 2000, with the expection of the Homing Shot, which has the scope that takes it above 2000 tris.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on June 09, 2016, 02:13:16 AM

Very cool! they look similar to the Elite Squadron main characters, but I can't tell for sure because I played the DS version and the models were tiny..
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Elite Squadron is basically Battlefront III, which is where I got the models from. So, yes: these are X1 and X2.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I see, Gistech. Well, I've been watching the progress of this mod, I just have a bad habit of not reading entire posts sometimes. haha
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

So I now have downloaded and am tinkering with Sereja's Hoth map. It's a very decent conversion though I want to make a few amendments to it: first off, I'll be replacing the Bunker CP model with the SWBFIII model, and I will be expanding the Echo Base area to add in a new area to the west of the main hangar (probably the medical centre and sleeping areas)
In Progress:

On Hold:

Sounds cool! I still find it amazing that I've never seen a mod for battlefront 2 that lets you play conquest on the entire Hoth map, back hangers and all.

Here's a final bit of artworking in progress for the CIS.

In Progress:

On Hold:

I just have to create the new unit LODs then my mod should be ready for beta testing.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Figured out the boot screen problem! I had to delete the ifs_legal and ifs_boot in my "Custom" folder.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I'm hoping to have the beta ready for this week! Stay tuned!
In Progress:

On Hold: