The Rumour Mill

Started by Giftheck, February 11, 2015, 01:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Nice to see ya BD!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Here we go, a nice link to add to the rumor mill. In case you didn't already know... Reddit is really taking up on the new SWBF. Some interesting conversations are going down. ;)
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

...most of which are fueled by wild speculation.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: Commander Awesome on April 30, 2015, 07:36:40 PM
...most of which are fueled by wild speculation.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Obviously, yes. :P

...*interesting* conversations...
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Ultimo on April 30, 2015, 07:25:24 PM
Here we go, a nice link to add to the rumor mill. In case you didn't already know... Reddit is really taking up on the new SWBF. Some interesting conversations are going down. ;)
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/

I spend A LOT of time on the SWBF subreddit. Definitely some good insight and disucssion, plus DICE has a game dev on and a community Rep on the board that regularly interacts.

Someone at DICE did a Q&A on twitter ( https://twitter.com/EAStarWars ), he shared many information :

- The game will use its own ingame server browser ( no battlelog? )
- More Heroes to come
- Customizable characters to a certain extend
- Unlocks and collectibles system
- No MAC version planned
- Millenium Falcon and Slave 1 playable ( to be confirmed, but they will be in the game for sure )

Quote from: Syyy on August 06, 2015, 07:58:32 AM
Someone at DICE did a Q&A on twitter ( https://twitter.com/EAStarWars ), he shared many information :

- The game will use its own ingame server browser ( no battlelog? )
I'm pretty sure I heard earlier that there would be no battlelog, but I don't remember where. I have never used battlelog, would anyone care to fill me in on why having no battlelog, might be a good thing?
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Having an in-game server browser is different from not having Battlelog. Like the Battlefield games, the server browser simply allows you to browse all the available servers and make searches for servers as well as add categories, etc... While you are ingame.
Battlelog has its own server browser, as well as the many other features, but you can really only use Battlelog's server browser and joins servers if you are playing on PC.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Battlelog is a sortof social network and is used to launch multiplayer games for the Battlefield series, you can also track your stats, get infos on your friends.

The way Battlefield 3 used to work for online play was :
- Launch Origin
- Launch Battlefield 3
- Click multiplayer
- Open the Battlelog Webpage
- Join a server
- Get back to the game

It feels less intuitive than what we're used to ( launch the game, browse the servers, join the server ), it has its own pros and cons.

Okay that makes sense, thanks. ;)
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Quote from: Syyy on August 07, 2015, 05:09:50 AM
Battlelog is a sortof social network and is used to launch multiplayer games for the Battlefield series, you can also track your stats, get infos on your friends.

The way Battlefield 3 used to work for online play was :
- Launch Origin
- Launch Battlefield 3
- Click multiplayer
- Open the Battlelog Webpage
- Join a server
- Get back to the game

It feels less intuitive than what we're used to ( launch the game, browse the servers, join the server ), it has its own pros and cons.

Just to add on, Battlefield 4 did have its own in-game server browser so you didn't have to back out into Battlelog to join a server. All of the console versions of Battlefield games have had one, as well. ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper