force game to use sides in hires?

Started by Triops, February 16, 2018, 12:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 16, 2018, 12:34:11 AM Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 12:36:02 AM by Triops
Hi,
When I tried to implement a custom side, I only saw one of this class in high resolution.
I tried to raise the amount  of the aimer (  SetMemoryPoolSize("Aimer", 250)  ), but this doesn't seem to work.
Is there a possibility to force the game to switch the sides not so often to the "lowres version"?

You can munge using Sleepkiller's model-edit which will allow you to use models with greter detail than stock. However, the model memory in SWBF is managed in a completely different manner to SWBF2, so if you were hoping to use really high-def models you're going to be disappointed.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

February 18, 2018, 11:44:22 AM #2 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 12:06:31 PM by Triops
Quote from: Gistech on February 16, 2018, 09:04:27 AM
You can munge using Sleepkiller's model-edit which will allow you to use models with greter detail than stock. However, the model memory in SWBF is managed in a completely different manner to SWBF2, so if you were hoping to use really high-def models you're going to be disappointed.

Thanks, Gistech for reply.
Concretly I want to use the BX-Commandodroid by kinetosimpetus (made for swbf2 and downloaded from gametoast.com) in a swbf1 map.
I saw, that the size of this msh-file is almost 2 times bigger than common stock files in swbf1. I tried to reduce the polygons and used the schmee program (like Sereja wrote in an tutorial)  but I only got very strange lowrez entites as you can see in the photo and the link.  https://youtu.be/j50M_Fucf0U

Are there no lowrez files for sides in SWBF2 any more? and
do you know what f.e.
SkeletonLowRes      = "cis_inf_sbdroid_lowres"
is? I dont see any file in the assets of swbf1 which has _lowres in it. -only _low1.

Have a good time  triops