The return of Empire At War (plus mods)

Started by Giftheck, September 06, 2017, 01:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Source

In something of an unexpected move, Disney has reactivated the online for Empire At War, and added Steam Workshop and mod support.

I wonder if Disney would be willing to reactivate the online for the old Battlefronts too...
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: Gistech on September 06, 2017, 01:13:06 PM
Source

In something of an unexpected move, Disney has reactivated the online for Empire At War, and added Steam Workshop and mod support.

I wonder if Disney would be willing to reactivate the online for the old Battlefronts too...

Well, we have that taken care of using SWBFspy  ;)

It has been really working well for since 2014.  It is a fully functional Gamespy replacement.

What we really need though is SWBF1 to be released on Steam.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on September 06, 2017, 01:30:25 PM
Well, we have that taken care of using SWBFspy  ;)

It has been really working well for since 2014.  It is a fully functional Gamespy replacement.

Well, if Disney haven't touched it by now there would be no reason for them to do so.

Quote from: Led on September 06, 2017, 01:30:25 PMWhat we really need though is SWBF1 to be released on Steam.

If they can program mod support into Empire At War perhaps they can also optimize some of the code a bit better while they're at it for SWBF1.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

I wouldn't give Disney so much credit. Petroglyph are the ones who monitored the community over the years and decided to update the game. Disney just gave them the green light.

Never the less, I am super happy to see the revitalization of EaW. Hopefully more mods will come onto the scene, and we can finally get the next version of RaW  :dry:
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.