Goodbye Folks

Started by SleepKiller, September 19, 2013, 08:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, I've said this before but the circumstances are much different now so this time I really do mean it. I won't be active on the site anymore.

It's been a pleasure (most of the time) being here. While my mods were far from the best or perfect, I do hope you all enjoyed playing them. I certainly had fun making them; it's what made me come back at the start of 2012. To release SWBF SleepKiller Edition (It got renamed to SWBF Unleashed). Then I went on to convert a whole bunch of SWBFII maps (which would not have been possible without Tirpider's brilliant tools and BattleBelk's knowledge).  Form there if I remember correctly I made various lighting mods for CC, made Asteroid: Mining Facility, the April Fools mod, Bespin: Zombie City and finally The Battle Royale.  I also helped out a whole bunch of other people with their mods and did a bunch of smaller projects.

A quick explanation about OpenSpy; Yes I have it working slightly. But ask yourself this how big is the community? If we tried to transition over to a new service at this point it could kill MP forever. Although I haven't played in months, so I have no idea what state the MP community is in. It could be already dead for all I know. I don't have a whole lot of motivation to work on it while I am moving onto other projects.

If you need to contact me my E-mail is the best choice. There should be a little icon under my avatar you can click to get my E-mail address. It's been fun folks. So long.

Forgive if this seems to have rambled on a lot. (Guess I have been reading too many of Tirpider's posts.)

September 19, 2013, 08:06:40 AM #1 Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 09:50:28 AM by RC-1498
I haven't been here long enough to know you, but I hope you enjoy your time elsewhere  :bye:

<insert witty signature here>

September 19, 2013, 09:04:18 AM #2 Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 12:47:09 PM by Carbon27
Wow. Hard to see a big community member go, good luck out in the real world. :bye:

BTW, I know what that little mumble of letter said...    ;)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Good bye, SleepKiller. We will be miss you. :bye:
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

You'll be back. :)
But if you're not then thanks for everything you've done, I've enjoyed your mods and it's good to see you've always been willing to help people out with theirs. Best of luck with everything you do.
[spoiler]I think everyone who leaves should come back on around Christmas or a date like that so that even 10 years from now we can still play good games of battlefront. :)[/spoiler]
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Good bye! Thanks for putting up with my nonsense for however long I've been here :P

Goodbye my Kiwi chum.
I hope to continue spamming you in Steam conversations and future TF2 games.

To attempt to quantify your achievements and contributions to the community would be doing it a disservice.
So instead tonight I shall honour you departure with ritualistic burning and heavy drinking (even though I planned to do so anyway),

It's alright though we still have Kitfisto.

[spoiler= Please enjoy this touching goodbye message from David Bowie]http://www.youtube.com/v/DSVwdFTvkuU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US;allowFullScreen="true"[/spoiler]

Goodbye Sleepkiller, you'll be greatly missed.  :'( Good luck in life!  :cheers:
I just can't seem to stay away...

Cya, yeah the community almost died because of openspy.. the most traffic we get is on weekends, when there are wars :D

farewell and may the forces of evil be confused on the way to your house

Your mod maps were awesome.

PLEASE PLEASE DONT GO  :'( :'( :bye:
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Goodbye Sleepkiller, it was a pleasure to know you and learn from your many posts  :(
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

See you...
Everybody (or at least staff members) know we didnt get on well... but anyway
Here u have a song i love :D
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

This is sad.

Your work has been high quality and inspirational. I've said before that I always learn from you.. well, I have some of your work open right now, and am still learning. So in my mind, you will always be sensai.

You are talented, insightful, creative, and bold in your work. Bring those traits with you and you will experience joy  in whatever you do. Share them with others and you will also experience success, as you have here.

My email never changes, and I am sometimes (rarely) on Steam.  Contact me any time for any reason.

Good journey and good fortunes, friend.