Favorite Star Wars Film Antagonist?

Started by Helios, December 25, 2015, 09:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your favorite Antagonist(Villain) in the Star Wars Saga?

Kylo Ren
Darth Vader
General Grievous
Count Dooku
Darth Maul
Darth Sidious(Palpatine)
Supreme Leader Snoke
Boba Fett
Captain Phasma
Jabba the Hutt
For me it's got to be between Darth Vader and Snoke. I'm going to go with Snoke, mainly because i like the mystery that surrounds him. Is he Darth Plageuis the Wise? The most knowledgeable being of the Dark Side? Idk, but i sure do hope he is!
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I know Darth Vader is a Character most people choose (quite often those who don't even know much of the Star Wars lore too) but I have reason to believe he was an antagonist that PERFECTLY fits as an antagonist. Whereas others (like Count Dooku) for example were just sometimes a bit too plain and boring. Like, who cares about an antagonist who feels like they've just been worked on in less than a day?

With Darth Vader's unsettling breathing, it adds to the feel that he's someone who you would not feel comfortable around, even if he's on your side. With his constant threads and killing of almost anything insight, he's someone to be feared. Darth Vader also has a great backstory too as seen in Ep 1, 2 and 3. This adds to the fact the he used to be someone more... civil. A Jedi.

I guess the main reason I like him so much is because he was the character that George Lucas focused on the most. Purely because he was in all 6 episodes, and even sort of in the 7th.

But still, if it was "favourite protagonist or antagonist" I'd choose Obi-Wan Kenobi ANY day.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Darth Vader is consistently put on lists as one of the best villains in MOVIE history not just Star Wars. There is a good reason for that. He embodies evil in the first two movies in both his looks and actions. And in the final movie, the complexity of his character shows when he is conflicted between the dark and light and ultimately is redeemed because he chooses to save his son instead of the emperor.

Palpatine. I admire his aptitude with the Dark Side of the Force and incredible cunning with being able to take over the galaxy without anyone catching on.

I have a soft spot for all-powerful Dark Side Force users...
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Sidious because I enjoyed watching how he masterminded most of the chaos and was less conflicted with his evil intentions than Vader.

January 02, 2016, 09:24:55 PM #5 Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 05:12:37 AM by [FC]BoMbeR
*Removed my comment about Plageuis, I read a few theory's and a couple made sense*

I liked Maul, even though overall Vader is a stronger/better villain I'm going to vote Maul. I felt like he was pretty cool, they should have kept him as the main Antagonist in episode 2 and 3 since Dooku was a pretty dumb villain. It would have also helped character development. The problem with the prequels for me is that no character has any meaning besides Anakin since the story of him becoming Darth Vader has to be told. At least if Darth Maul wasn't killed off then Obi-Wan would have had a purpose for wanting revenge for Qui-Gon Jinn.
Wusi best ever Swbf2
http://i.imgur.com/2jizSKw.jpg

Wusi rq
http://i.imgur.com/KESelEN.jpg

Birdo best ever Swbf2

Long live -SR- greatest Swbf2 clan!

After watching the clone wars TV series Darth Maul has become my favorite antagonist. He was wasted in episode 1 and that series showed us how much cooler he could have been on the big screen. He practically almost brought mandolore to its knees and had an army of smugglers, mandolorians, black son , syndicates at his disposal and more or less got his revenge on obi wan. Plus a sweet new pair of legs, man. When he went toe to toe with pre vizal, which in my opinion is one of the best saber fights on the show, it really showed how much of a beast he was. And technically he is still alive if you read the son of dathimor comics which are canon.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Quote from: Ascertes on January 02, 2016, 09:04:23 PM
Palpatine. I admire his aptitude with the Dark Side of the Force and incredible cunning with being able to take over the galaxy without anyone catching on.

I have a soft spot for all-powerful Dark Side Force users...

Quote from: Phobos on January 02, 2016, 09:15:27 PM
Sidious because I enjoyed watching how he masterminded most of the chaos and was less conflicted with his evil intentions than Vader.

I'd say Palpatine/Sidious if it was in terms of Star Wars Robot Chicken. You guys ever seen that? Makes him seem more of an interesting character than in the actual Star Wars trilogy.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on January 03, 2016, 02:58:19 PM
I'd say Palpatine/Sidious if it was in terms of Star Wars Robot Chicken. You guys ever seen that? Makes him seem more of an interesting character than in the actual Star Wars trilogy.
Yes I remember seeing that a while back. I though Palpatine was quite interesting in episode 3.