SWBF Reveal at SW Celebration

Started by Rayce, March 19, 2015, 10:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Update. They said there will be hard copies for pc ps4 and xb1

Besides the Clone Wars era (Which would be nice, but doesn't really matter), this is looking like everything I had hoped for!  :tu:

Especially these:
Quote from: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefrontPLAY AS ICONIC STAR WARS CHARACTERS
Fight as the galaxy's most memorable heroes and villains, like Darth Vader and Boba Fett.

Interact with some of the most beloved characters from the original trilogy.

Become the hero or villain of the battle.

Quote from: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefrontSeamlessly swap between 1st person  and 3rd person perspectives.

Quote from: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefrontFight for the Empire or Republic offline, solo or with a friend, in carefully crafted missions.

I can't fight as a Droideka  :(

Still pre-ordering. I think people are overreacting to the no space combat thing. SWBF1 certainly did fine without it...and if the space mode was going to be tacked on like SWBF2's sorta was, then maybe it's better to leave it as expansion content.

Also, if I get to slaughter ewoks from the cockpit of an AT-AT, that's worth $60 right there  :moo:
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Quote from: Droideka on April 17, 2015, 09:42:26 PM
I can't fight as a Droideka  :(

Still pre-ordering. I think people are overreacting to the no space combat thing. SWBF1 certainly did fine without it...and if the space mode was going to be tacked on like SWBF2's sorta was, then maybe it's better to leave it as expansion content.

Also, if I get to slaughter ewoks from the cockpit of an AT-AT, that's worth $60 right there  :moo:

Now this man is a true fan. I'm only waiting to see if it'll remain only Downloadable, otherwise I'll preorder once if that's all there's gonna be for PC. Just something about having the actual game in your hands. Nothing gon beat that.

But on another note it's stated that it's gonna be really setup for friends/squads as I'm hearing. So we need to establish a group representing us in the game when it comes out. Not sure if there's gonna be community managed servers (optional community servers?) or if it will be all EAs stuff hosting it. Either way, as we're pretty much longtime friends here, we ought to press on with the new SWBF in style. Get'n organized, be'n readying for release you know?
photobucket limit image removed

Yeah, a while ago we discussed some type of confederation of SWBF1 clans. I think if I like it enough I will bring back =AaTc= full force, in which case I will gladly join any SWBF1 clan group. I have a feeling it'll be like a reunion with all the old players coming back to try the new game. We need to make sure they know we are here! I think we will make a separate thread to flesh out ideas sometime this summer.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

What I'd like to know is whether there will be private servers that clans can host and recruit on, or if SWBF3 will just use a matchmaking system. I'd like to be able to join a server that plays heroes mode all the time, or has a set playlist of maps like in SWBF1.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Hi guys,

Don't know where I should post this, but I'm pretty excited about it:

https://twitter.com/DICEfigge/status/589207550358228992

:D

So it seems this is the equivalent to Instant Action in older games.

Don't say "this is it" yet. EA haven't shown us everything for usre, and more will definitely be revealed at E3.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

I want the jetpack and missile launcher.  And while I'm at it, throw in that air strike too.  Also, give me excellent graphics and explodey things, and that's a game that I want.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

No UI shown yet but man I get the feels when I see this shot.

Honestly I feel the only other game that made the E-11 really cool was JK2: Jedi Outcast, and to me that shot really retains the cool factor (as well as correct scale).
photobucket limit image removed

Shoutouts to no story mode.

Not like we played SWBF for story mode to begin with.

The game looks DANK. All we need is real gameplay now.

#TYBG

Regardless of what's in it or not from the original games, I'm still hyped, and will probably get more hyped when we see some actual gameplay. DICE has, for the most part, done their homework.

I do love the irony that some are calling this a 'Battlefield reskin' when SWBF is a Battlefield clone to begin with.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

I have no idea where I should post this, but this seemed like the best spot.

It looks like amazon has the PC disc version for pre-order, doesn't have the deluxe edition for some reason.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8FYF4W?ref=spkl_5_5_2079618842&ie=UTF8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-auto-sparkle&pf_rd_r=1PPFB71019KG5YPW8NZ2&pf_rd_p=2079618842&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=star%20wars%20battlefront&qid=1429655159

Interesting, I might go for the Amazon pre-order, it looks slightly cheaper. :P

And for those too lazy to have clicked the link, this is apparently going to be the box art:

Looks reminiscent of the old Battlefield 3 box art to me.

I really want a disc version of the game, but the fact that they don't have the Premium version available is a bit of a bummer. I'm guessing it is unlikely for them to add the premium version later?

And just a side note Gold Man, but that is the cover art for the Standard version, the Premium version of the game apparently has a black cover. (Just solid black.) I wasn't sure if you had seen that yet.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014