HIstorical-Style Map

Started by El Chupacabra, March 07, 2009, 10:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I had an idea for a possible map: What if someone made a D-Day map? Rebels/Clones are Allied Forces, Empire/CIS are Germany. The Empire has fortified positions along the beachfront and small command bases. The Rebels have a few landers to start out with as CPs, but they're destructible, like the Shield Generator on Hoth. Empire's goals are to destroy Rebel Landers and defend main base. Rebel's goals are to take beach command posts and protect landers. Snipers would have a major role for both sides, as would rocket troopers. The empire's command posts would have wooden and sandbag fortifications like those on Kashyyk. Rebels would have a bit more, say 50 more reinforcements. I don't know if it's possible, but I thought I should spew it up here anyways.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

/\ Yeah, but with lasers.

*cough*
Probably need to remodel that bunker though; I didn't model the interior...

EDIT: Oh yeah, if I attempt to accurately portray the cliffs, infantry may not even be able to get off the beach, so...

P.S. I'm putting these paragraphs up here because one would not be able to may not even see the text if I put it below the pictures...

"I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I'd planned. It would continue falling into that starry expanse, of which I had only a fleeting glimpse..."

Well, tis a thought...

I wonder if this counts as "D-Day"...

I'll probably make the propellers an animated texture(By the way, that's a C-47 Skytrain, in case you didn't recognize it). Will model the interior when I can figure out how to make the doors without completely wrecking the shading...
"I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I'd planned. It would continue falling into that starry expanse, of which I had only a fleeting glimpse..."

What modeling program is that? And do you know how to use the Mesh Exporter to get the objects/vehicles in-game?

The models were done in the open-source modeling program Wings3D (Link to official website). The renders were done externally, however. And no, I haven't tried using the Mesh exporter yet because I don't know how much I need to scale up/down the models so that they do not look tiny/are bigger than a Providence cruiser ingame. I also want to finish the models first before exporting...

Hopfully!! i readly like this idea because it's it's GREAT :p

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse