Strange things in SWBF

Started by Led, February 19, 2009, 02:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi,

The post is to see if anyone else has seen (or heard) strange things in SWBF, that shouldn't be part of the game.
I'm not talking glitches, wallhacks, or mods, but really weird stuff.  

I'll share mine:

-a few months ago, i was playing cloud city, and I saw some shadows on the ground, that seemed to move
I looked closely at them, and the were shaped like arrows.  It was as if I saw the shadow of the mini-map arrows, but
on the main map!  Never saw it again after that round.

-while playing hoth (Jedikiller's no-vehicle version)  I started sniping.  Instead the the sniper rifle sounding like usual,
all sniper rifles made the sound like:  riiinnng riiinnng  boonk!  Crazy stuff.  I also seemed to be hitting shots like never before--
sniping recon driods, making headshots, and stuff.  Again, it went away at the end of the map, never to be seen again.

OK--anybody else?  :)

Buckler, aka Led on the PC servers.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I've never had anything weird happen in the game...except when I got beat by another member if TiW, Crazyhorse.....and he never wins....that was weird!

One time I could swear a bot got me with a headshot.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

Quote from: "El Chupacabra"One time I could swear a bot got me with a headshot.

They do that sometimes. It's called auto-aim.

Probably once a bot spawn killed me.

#TYBG

*Digging in the oldest topics*
I have some creepy storys like LEDS... on that won't scare you too much is::  (lol)

RhenVar: Harbor, 1:30 AM, {TcF}Allied-Server, players[{TcF}=RC-54={PFC}, {Recruit}David]

Me and him were on late that night, and Penguin said "Alright, I think its about time I went to bed."
He left.. His body was still there for 3 minutes...
Then RC-54 had to leave after a bit of "patrol" around the "town".
I was still on for some reason, and he came back, and said "nvm, i don't hafto go :P" I said "Yay!"
We continued on our patrol, then Penguins body disappeared, and we heard REALLY weird noises
(like bucklers) when we fired our grenades, then, we moved our cross hairs over the big centeral building on the map, we saw a blurry object move across the "windows" of it, and our Cross hairs turned BRIGHT RED
(not the usual red), and they never turned off until we quit the server.
and what was creepy was BOTH of us saw it!. Then again 1 year later, SAME EXACT story, but at 12:00 and we both had new names....

My little spooky story, one of the many...

A CIS pilot air killed me once. It was an AI  :confused:

I'm sure I've had some strange thing happen like that before. I've played for a long time, but I just can't remember them right now :slap:.

I was jet-packing high into the sky on Platforms, as a darktrooper and somehow managed to get shot out of the air by an ai gunner in a Y-Wing.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

WHen I was first learning how to mod sides, I decided to make a jedifighter that would fly at breakneck speed (like I set the maxspeed and acceleration to over 900000). Testing it on Bespin Platforms. I was going so fast I think I broke the game's collision because I flew right through a Gunship and neither me or the gunship blew up.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

The most annoying weird thing I can think of (and this has happened quite a few times), is sometimes when I am piloting a rebel combatspeeder an imperial vanguard can magically kill me when the rocket hits windshield and my character is killed and forced out of the tank which is still alive. I haven't seen this bug with any other completely enclosed hover vehicles.

Lol Jdee, i've done the EXACT same thing!

Back in the PS2 days I was playing split screen with a friend on Kashyyyk: Docks (on hard mode).
We camped out at the top right  platform with 1 reinforcement left (the count wasn't auto dropping for some reason). To prevent our one last bot from dying we were spamming the
"hold your position command". This was going well for a while, we'd managed to get the CIS down from 100 to 40 when something really weird happened.

Suddenly our bot Clone Trooper friend turned around and started making pain noises "EURGH... ARGH... EUGH" And he dropped dead for no reason and the defeat screen popped up.

I often see phantom bots in mod maps which are miles away from the bot route and just stand there staring blankly.

Sometimes snipers kill me with one shot not in the head...of course it's only certain players, what is that? :o

I guess no one has any "spooky" storys then eh?

Quote from: RepublicCommando on September 24, 2012, 07:35:05 AM
I guess no one has any "spooky" storys then eh?
I think Star Wars Battlefront is too... 'linear' to allow for really out-there crazy/creepy things to happen.