Best Solution to Star Wars EAW/RAW Multiplayer?

Started by TheGangstarTY, February 08, 2016, 04:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 08, 2016, 04:08:59 PM Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 02:28:46 PM by TheGangstarTY
Hello all,

First off, probably not the best place to post this. I'm hoping that someone can find me the best way to play multiplayer on Star Wars Empire At War or Republic At War. I think Republic at war would be the same though.

So what would be in your opinion or from your knowledge the best way to play multiplayer on Empire At War? I heard Tuungle allow it but I was hoping for something like GameRanger, or even better, GameMaster.

If you can put me in the right direction, that'd also be very much appreciated as well!

Hope you can help as I'm hoping to play EAW and RAW with a friend.
Thanks and have a great day!
-TheGangstarTY

EDIT: Here is the best option so far!

Star Wars Empire At War/Forces Of Corruption - GameRanger

Star Wars Republic At War (Forces Of Corruption Expansion Mod) - GameRanger

How to play Republic At War Multiplayer:
Quote from: Ltin on February 09, 2016, 03:17:20 PM
I dont know how gameranger works, but I think all data goes through gameranger servers first, so your connection speed to there would be important.

Will edit in a bit to see if RAW will work.
edit: have to make some adjustments to file system first
editII: to use RAW via gameranger you need to replace the folder corruption's Data folder with the Data folder from the RaW folder (remember to make a backup!).
I am having some technical issues on my end that seem to be an issue with something somewhere else.
It may or may not be related to what i tried to do.
so try that, and first try running it in single player without gameranger and if it gives you an error or doesn't start, let me know.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

have you ever tried to play on GR (whenever there was someone)? cuz MP EaW is really annoying:
1- you'll have to have the same versions or you won't find your friend in the lobby

2- my ping was 300 I think,worst lag ever! I'd say it was like 3FPS! either have a good connection,or play lan.

I was just warning you though,but I can't answer your question

Gameranger does support eaw and foc. I assume Republic at war will wwork because it's a mod (you do mean the mod I assume).
How do you own the game?

Quote from: Ltin on February 09, 2016, 08:44:50 AM
Gameranger does support eaw and foc. I assume Republic at war will wwork because it's a mod (you do mean the mod I assume).
How do you own the game?

I do mean the mod, yes. I own the game via Steam.

Quote from: majorspidey on February 09, 2016, 08:11:51 AM
have you ever tried to play on GR (whenever there was someone)? cuz MP EaW is really annoying:
1- you'll have to have the same versions or you won't find your friend in the lobby

2- my ping was 300 I think,worst lag ever! I'd say it was like 3FPS! either have a good connection,or play lan.

I was just warning you though,but I can't answer your question

Can anyone else confirm this. I have a pretty good connection speed as of now.

Either way, thanks for the responses, I'll give GameRanger a go with my mate soon. If anyone can find a better solution to multiplayer I'd be glad to hear it!
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

February 09, 2016, 03:17:20 PM #4 Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 02:39:08 PM by Ltin

Quote from: Ltin on February 09, 2016, 03:17:20 PM
I dont know how gameranger works, but I think all data goes through gameranger servers first, so your connection speed to there would be important.

Will edit in a bit to see if RAW will work.
edit: have to make some adjustments to file system first
editII: to use RAW via gameranger you need to replace the folder corruption's Data folder with the Data folder from the RaW folder (remember to make a backup!).
I am having some technical issues on my end that seem to be an issue with something somewhere else.
It may or may not be related to what i tried to do.
so try that, and first try running it in single player without gameranger and if it gives you an error or doesn't start, let me know.

Ok, thanks a lot! I played EAW with my mate for a bit today on GameRanger. It ran perfectly with my 22 ms ping. Neither me or my mate had any issues (I was host).

As for RAW, I'll edit or reply my results on RAW for GameRanger once we've tried it.