Week 7 results

• 1.0 defends Temple from 212
    1.0 defends Citadel from YAK
  • 212 defends Streets from YAK
    212 takes Dagobah* from YAK
    212 defends Arena from 1.0
  • YAK defends Docks from 1.0

Remarks

1. *Dagobah has been awarded to 212. I don't blame YAK's leaders for the mystery players, but the screenshot and ensuing discussion demonstrates that the battle was not legitimate.

2. Most people want this to be the last week of the ICW3 -- therefore it will be. (The pattern 8-4-8 is a nice one, I'd say.) In all likelihood, it will be the last week of any ICW tournament.

So make the most of it!

Oh good, more unfair punishment for YAK. As I said in the week 7 thread, I showed up minutes before the Dagobah battle started and was trying to account for who was who on my team. The admin for the battle started to countdown before I could account for everyone on the team. Why is always being punished? Do you really have something against YAK? I didn't think so before, but now it's starting to seem so. We get punished for Majesty and for admin mistakes and I'm tired of it.

We started that battle really late... Must have been half past or something. More YAK just kept joining every 5mins which meant we had to get one more player... Then one guy left and so we (didn't have to do this) waited for him to return instead of him joining halfway through. We asked repeatidly to start but you guys didn't answer aside from when Kelle did by asking the same thing :P But that was 30mins prep you had before the battle started. Yes you were most likely trying to find more players for most of it, I have to do that myself, but there was enough time to ask who the people were you were not sure about and if not, ask to leave/boot/ban.
Let's just have no more arguments :/

October 08, 2013, 09:03:56 AM #3 Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:45:06 AM by UNIT 33
Hey there. This is a map.

In the likely scenario that I have made an error, feel free to complain.

[FIXED]

October 08, 2013, 10:32:33 AM #4 Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:38:50 PM by Kniescheibenzerschredderer
ya, it isnt degobah, its dagobah lol

Plus fw attacks:

Attacking Clan: 1.0
Defending Clan: 212
Planet: Mos
Proposed day/time: Saturday 4 pm EST
1.0 is CIS

Attacking Clan: 1.0
Defending Clan: 212
Planet: Platforms
Proposed day/time: Sunday 3:30 pm EST
Side not decided (will be updated)
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Kniescheibenzerschredderer on October 08, 2013, 10:32:33 AM
ya, it isnt degobah, its dagobah lol
It's been spelt that way since Week One. There's no going back.

I would have thought a rematch would be better for Dagobah since YAK were defending so it seems unfair to lose a planet without a proper fight but I know that causes it's own problems. I wasn't there so won't complain.
Let's make this last week the best yet. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: UNIT 33 on October 08, 2013, 10:33:48 AM
It's been spelt that way since Week One. There's no going back.
Well not me lol, i dont have such dyslexic grade =P
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: SirPimped on October 08, 2013, 07:53:16 AM
The admin for the battle started to countdown before I could account for everyone on the team.
I'm not sure why you think this is relevant. The battle started ~30 minutes late. By the accounts of people who were actually there, Wild and 1.0 were trying to identify the mystery players, but got no information.

QuoteWhy is always being punished?
Because YAK, or players who pretend to be in YAK, always break the rules.

QuoteDo you really have something against YAK? I didn't think so before, but now it's starting to seem so. We get punished for Majesty and for admin mistakes and I'm tired of it.

You think YAK should be excused from penalty because it is so disorganized? Suppose for sake of argument that all of YAK's problems are due to people who aren't formally in YAK. Great. But it's still unfair to the other two clans in this tournament no matter who's cheating against them.

By the way, which admin mistake did Wild make, exactly? I have said numerous times that if for some reason a battle is running late, and a team won't fix a problem for whatever reason, then the battle should be played anyway, and then the rules (and me) consulted later. Wild did the correct thing (given that he does not have ban powers), as far as I know.

GDH, everytime I call a rematch problems happen. But if you can work something out with 1.0 for this weekend, it's fine with me.

Honestly I don't think its truly YAKS fault even though they should watch what their doing. There were many YAK people out there that we had no clue about. How ever one of them was Majesty obviously again because he has no respect towards others. I honestly don't think his xfire chat logs matter because there is a big difference in what someone says, and what they are going to do. (Majesty should just be banned from all servers)

You can't point a finger at Sirpimped though for trying to do his job. The battle started way later then it should have but I do think hes smart enough to organize YAK. It is not his fault if someone with a fake name won't answer him, or says he/she will promise to do something or not.

Should 212 get the planet? Well that is a tricky decision already made by Oven. I would have thought of another compromise instead but its not my tournament.

And since this is the very last week can someone tell me what happens with ties? Because 212 doing European servers and us hosting American servers I doubt once again either side will make any new ground if YAK is eliminated.
https://swbfv1clan.wordpress.com/2013/09/05/icw3-update-2/ When 1.0 beats FC/YAK

http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/128879699 Schduled battle against YAK/FC with 1.0 Ldrs
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/128576856-4.jpg
Random unscheduled battle against FC with just 1 1.0 Ldr.

Quote from: Gen.Hond{snp} on October 08, 2013, 04:37:59 PM
Honestly I don't think its truly YAKS fault even though they should watch what their doing.
You mean like I said 3-4 weeks ago?

QuoteYou can't point a finger at Sirpimped though for trying to do his job.
Who did that? I was just defending myself against the charge of corruption.

QuoteIt is not his fault if someone with a fake name won't answer him, or says he/she will promise to do something or not.
No one said it was his fault.

QuoteShould 212 get the planet? Well that is a tricky decision already made by Oven. I would have thought of another compromise instead but its not my tournament.
I've already said that if 212 and YAK can agree on a time, I will let them rematch. But I'm not going to demand it.

QuoteAnd since this is the very last week can someone tell me what happens with ties? Because 212 doing European servers and us hosting American servers I doubt once again either side will make any new ground if YAK is eliminated.
I'll think about it; and of course, suggestions are welcome too.

I would like a rematch with 212 since I don't think it was YAK's fault that we've become a target for imposters but it's probably more trouble than it's worth so the offers open but I don't expect it of 212.

Is it OK to post on Thursday this week because of the delay starting? I can get something tonight if needed but I would rather let our American players have a say while I'm in bed and then post tomorrow.

Also I would just like to say that although in the past members of YAK have broken rules (like all the teams :) ) it is very few of them and they are no longer in YAK, we always do our best to play fairly and where possible help to make the games more enjoyable for all teams.

The tie situation looks like a realistic prospect so as far as I see there are three options to decide a winner;
Biggest win in the final battles
Consistency - Most wins/planets held at one time etc over the whole tournament
A final battle (could cause arguments over server hosting).

I'm just glad I don't have to decide. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Uh... Fixed Degobah spelling issue., it was eating away at my brain.

We have mostly always defended on an American server and especially as members have requested a European server, there is no reason why there should be any complain. Iceman said himself - "Only ICW match I have played without lagg". We have American players. They have played in American servers every battle until now and are okay with the lagg. We (Europeans), except Anyder - because of his amazing internet ;) - lagg in American servers but we just deal with it. We won on American servers and it just makes it even harder to defend planets on an American server. That server was just bad as Anyder explained why. Can we just not bring this up again?

Gdh, the last thing we need is a re-match, especially because that map is not one of our "favorites" ;) I will say no re-match for now. But maybe we can think of a compromise but I need time to speak with other members.

October 09, 2013, 06:35:35 PM #14 Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:19:58 PM by engelskrieger
Attacking Clan: 212
Defending Clan: YAK
Planet: Docks
Proposed day/time: Saturday 2 pm
212 is CIS

Attacking Clan: 212
Defending Clan: 1.0
Planet: Rhen Var Citadel
Proposed day/time: Sunday 2 pm
212 is EMP

If something is wrong, Nixo'll correct that tomorrow