Explanation

Started by Oven, September 14, 2013, 04:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 14, 2013, 04:48:27 PM Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 05:21:10 PM by Oven
Hello players of SWBF,

Let me cut to the chase. I am Joseph (formerly [FC]Joseph).

This has always been the case. I'm online right now on Joseph's account; just ask me if you're not convinced. xfire = joseph9371.

Last summer I organized the ICW under the name Oven because I felt that for a tournament to be successful, the leadership must not be formally associated with any participating clan.

Until very recently, only Rage and Led have known this.

Why am I telling you this? Because until very recently, I have had no problem running the tournament in a fair way, without partisanship towards any clans or members. For example, FC's victories in the first two tournaments were entirely legitimate. I have tried to make the tournament as transparent and fair as possible; I'll let you all decide for yourselves how well I've succeeded.

That was all before very recently. But very recently I have received pressure from Rage, the other leader of FC, to bend the rules for YAK. This won't fly. And because I wouldn't capitulate, he has started a smear campaign against me among FC and YAK, but especially among FC. Here's an example of a post he made about me on the FC swbfgamers board:

Quote from: Phobos on September 08, 2013, 07:13:09 PM
Oven is the worst, most ungrateful admin I've ever seen. I knew I would regret helping assemble the map pack. I'm banned from week 5 which he is saying will be the best week now that I'm not playing, I'm banned from admin matches, and might as well be banned from the YAK.

In contrast, it's ridiculous how much cussing and disrespect Anyder gets away with, zero suspensions or penalties for this kind of behavior
[spoiler][/spoiler]
*I censored the swear words which were not censored in the chat log

This just goes to show Oven is a corrupt admin who:
- Did not even take poll to decide on recons
- Went against his own rules by allowing Anyder to play for multiple participating clans as a member (not merc for either): UEF and 1.0
- Went against his own rules by allowing Anyder to give planet(s) away to 1.0 when UEF resigned: Mygeeto
- Did not penalize 212 for using too many mercs on harbor (namefakers from 1.0) when the rule had been clarified before the week 4 battles started.
- Did not penalize Anyder for continual disrespect of admins and cussing.

I posit that Oven is clearly bending his own rules and showing a distinct favoritism towards the 1.0 clan.

and as such my decision to resign from YAK and the ICW is now final. Up to this point I have respected Oven, but now I see how those who don't, get away with it. Note to all remaining participants: It is acceptable to insult and trash talk players and admins without penalty or ban, driving a tank out of the map though? That will get you banned. I also learned my lesson about helping out with radarphobic map packs, so don't ever ask me for help with those again. Good luck to the rest of YAK, may you find the road to victory.

Further note that Oven is banned from ever asking me to help admin or set up mods or servers for any tournaments he organizes in the future: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6989.msg74482#msg74482

Here's just one of the many PM's he's sent me:

Quote from: Phobos on September 13, 2013, 08:19:01 PM
after all ive done to help you with this tournament and ur gonna betray that by taking away my admin privileges?

i can do the same thing to you

and if you reveal secrets you were trusted with while in fc, i will tell everyone who you really are.

so dont try to threaten me or anyone else in fc thanks.

I never threatened him or anyone in FC; he made that up.

I hope it's clear to most observers that his "case" against me is a house of cards. This post is really only a small sampling of the literature he's sent to me, but I'm not inclined to publish the rest.

Rage is upset by my decisions after Week 4, when if anything I let YAK and him off too easily. I refuse to be bullied.

What hurts me the most is that, until this happened, I considered Rage to be a friend. I have been in FC for years, and known him for even longer. In fact, I have been a leader in FC for much of my time in the clan. Yet within the space of days he has completely turned on me.

Rage has blocked me from viewing the FC website, and told me I may post a resignation on the FC subforum here.

This gave me a profound choice:

1. Leave FC with some lame, dishonest excuse (which would still not guarantee that they wouldn't put two and two together).

2. Tell the truth, and let FC and the whole community decide who is in the right here.

I have obviously picked option 2.

What does this mean for the tournament?

This tournament is broken, and we will soon fix it. It will no longer plagued by constant cheating and disrespect for other players and admins, with more and more rules slapped on top of a growing wound like band-aids.

Why are we even playing this tournament, if not to have fun? Why let SWBF die in a state of bickering and disrespect, when the vast majority of these stem from a tiny handful of people? Why let the bullies win?

So the tournament is starting over. Sort of.

Mainly, I think it would be best to remove YAK from the tournament. Today, YAK had multiple name-faking violations (including someone who faked Unit 33, who is a founder of YAK and also makes our beautiful maps each week); moreover, they could not scrape together anough members to match their opponents properly (this is due in part to the withdrawal of several FC members from YAK (and that is because Rage said so)).

Now, most YAK members have done nothing wrong whatsoever, but my suspicion is that YAK has become a vessel for enemies of the tournament to ruin the fun for everyone else. Why make people show up to battles that are as pitiful as Harbor and Arena today? I turned away nearly 10 players who were ready to go on Streets. For no good reason. The harbor game was delayed by over 35 minutes because of name-faking.

So the tournament is now a battle between two "factions": 1.0 and 212.

Nixo and Hond have agreed to let anyone join their faction for the sake of the tournament. If you want to play, then play! These are some of the last large SWBF games that will ever happen. We could be filling servers to the brim each week; why aren't we? We could be enjoying the tournament, and not seeing it as a source of stress; why aren't we?

YAK's planets will be divided up between 1.0 and 212, and the tournament will proceed. Details, of course, can be worked out later.

Message for FC members:

This is my resignation. I respect all of you, and am proud to have co-led the clan. I consider all of you to be my honest-to-goodness friends, including Rage.

I know the drill: as soon as I post this, Rage will smear me to no end, at least within the confines of the FC website. I will become Public Enemy #1. I will be an irredeemable piece of garbage.

Before you join in on this ritual, and the echo chamber begins, please ask yourself whether you actually agree with it. Who is right here? Are you enjoying your time in FC? Is toeing the FC line worth sacrificing the ability to play in these battles?

Because that's what it will come down to. You will likely be forced to choose between complete non-involvement in the games to come, or being expelled from the clan and added to the traitor list.

It's your choice; make the right one.

I'm asking you all to forgive me for not being forthright about my identity; these tournaments absolutely could not have happened without it. And I'm asking that you help make the rest of our games friendly and fun.

Ask any questions.

Anyone who thinks that Oven showed even the slightest hint of bias towards FC, or towards any other clan, is mistaken.

September 14, 2013, 05:04:52 PM #2 Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 05:07:35 PM by Oven
I want to address something else in advance: there's a chance that Rage will circulate chat logs wherein I agree to allow him to use my name (Joseph) to play in Week 5.

This was a terrible mistake, and I feel very guilty for it. But nothing came of it: I changed my mind and did not let him do that.

I regret even temporarily agreeing to it, but I reasoned that he would only namefake someone else (since he told me so), and that this would be some kind of "compensation". This sort of "reasoning", of how best to please or not upset Phobos, is probably very commonplace. I know that everyone who's active in FC has been faced with these kind of decisions before.

But this is just delaying the inevitable. You can't start compromising, it snowballs. It has to stop immediately. So here it stops, before going anywhere.

We support you Joseph 212 will still play and we are willing to accept even FC members to play for us, I always thought Oven was a former FC. I have nothing but respect for you, Joseph. All those times you could have played for FC in the other wars, but instead chose to play as oven. I just wish Rage would grow up.

Quote from: Oven on September 14, 2013, 04:48:27 PM
[spoiler]
Hello players of SWBF,

This has always been the case. I'm online right now on Joseph's account; just ask me if you're not convinced. xfire = joseph9371.

Last summer I organized the ICW under the name Oven because I felt that for a tournament to be successful, the leadership must not be formally associated with any participating clan.

Until very recently, only Rage and Led have known this.

Why am I telling you this? Because until very recently, I have had no problem running the tournament in a fair way, without partisanship towards any clans or members. For example, FC's victories in the first two tournaments were entirely legitimate. I have tried to make the tournament as transparent and fair as possible; I'll let you all decide for yourselves how well I've succeeded.

That was all before very recently. But very recently I have received pressure from Rage, the other leader of FC, to bend the rules for YAK. This won't fly. And because I wouldn't capitulate, he has started a smear campaign against me among FC and YAK, but especially among FC. Here's an example of a post he made about me on the FC swbfgamers board:

Here's just one of the many PM's he refers to:

I never threatened him or anyone in FC; he made that up.

I hope it's clear to most observers that his "case" against me is a house of cards. This post is really only a small sampling of the literature he's sent to me, but I'm not inclined to publish the rest.

Rage is upset by my decisions after Week 4, when if anything I let YAK and him off too easily. I refuse to be bullied. I refuse to be bullied.

What hurts me the most is that, until this happened, I considered Rage to be a friend. I have been in FC for years, and known him for even longer. In fact, I have been a leader in FC for much of my time in the clan. Yet within the space of days he has completely turned on me.

Rage has blocked me from viewing the FC website, and told me I may post a resignation on the FC subforum here.

This gave me a profound choice:

1. Leave FC, most of whose members I highly respect, with some lame, dishonest excuse (which would still not guarantee that they wouldn't put two and two together).

2. Tell the truth, and let FC and the whole community decide who is in the right here.

I have obviously picked option 2.

What does this mean for the tournament?

This tournament is broken, and we will soon fix it. It will no longer plagued by constant cheating and disrespect for other players and admins, with more and more rules slapped on top of a growing wound like band-aids.

Why are we even playing this tournament, if not to have fun? Why let SWBF die in a state of bickering and disrespect, when the vast majority of these stem from a tiny handful of people? Why let the bullies win?

So the tournament is starting over. Sort of.

Mainly, I think it would be best to remove YAK from the tournament. Today, YAK had multiple name-faking violations (including someone who faked Unit 33, who is a founder of YAK and also makes our beautiful maps each week); moreover, they could not scrape together anough members to match their opponents properly (this is due in part to the withdrawal of several FC members from YAK (and that is because Rage said so)).

Now, most YAK members have done nothing wrong whatsoever, but my suspicion is that YAK has become a vessel for enemies of the tournament to ruin the fun for everyone else. Why make people show up to battles that are as pitiful as Harbor and Arena today? I turned away nearly 10 players who were ready to go on Streets. For no good reason. The harbor game was delayed by over 35 minutes because of name-faking.

So the tournament is now a battle between two "factions": 1.0 and 212.

Nixo and Hond have agreed to let anyone join their faction for the sake of the tournament. If you want to play, then play! These are some of the last large SWBF games that will ever happen. We could be filling servers to the brim each week; why aren't we? We could be enjoying the tournament, and not seeing it as a source of stress; why aren't we?

YAK's planets will be divided up between 1.0 and 212, and the tournament will proceed. Details, of course, can be worked out later.

Message for FC members:

This is my resignation. I respect all of you, and am proud to have co-led the clan. I consider all of you to be my honest-to-goodness friends, including Rage.

I know the drill: as soon as I post this, Rage will smear me to no end, at least within the confines of the FC website. I will become Public Enemy #1. I will be an irredeemable piece of garbage.

Before you join in on this ritual, and the echo chamber begins, please ask yourself whether you actually agree with it. Who is right here? Are you enjoying your time in FC? Is toeing the FC line worth sacrificing the ability to play in these battles?

Because that's what it will come down to. You will likely be forced to choose between complete non-involvement in the games to come, or being expelled from the clan and added to the traitor list.

It's your choice; make the right one.

I'm asking you all to forgive me for not being forthright about my identity; these tournaments absolutely could not have happened without it. And I'm asking that you help make the rest of our games friendly and fun.

Ask any questions.
[/spoiler]

Well, i knew u were a FC Member (or former) as i told u in the conversation we had.

Quite epic how Rage talks at people's back cause he cannot say it to my face  :hehe: (Anyway i know what he thinks of me, birdo and the rest 60% of community --> i would tell u to check their site, but we made the site get frozen pending deletion)

Rage, lol, i played for 1.0 and UEF yes, but since Oven made the rule, im merc. for 1.0 so do not cry more please.
I gave the planet to 1.0 and he made the rule some days after (a part from map went native, lol x2)
I havent disrespected any admin, nor cussed (Go ask Scorpion), but majesty has done in ALL funwars.
Possibly ive told Joseph all i thought of him in his face, cause ye, im not a coward run-away who talks crap on people's back (like someone here).

Its pretty sad what Rage wanted u to do, just for trying to get a win. (Really sad)
Guess 1.0 and 212 weren't that bad enemies after all  ;)

Lame to see how he has blackmailed u.
I do not think he is right

Now he will come and start complaining and arguing with me cause of whatever reasons.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

September 14, 2013, 05:21:23 PM #5 Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 05:23:29 PM by -RepublicCommando-
You have my backup. Either you're right, or you are a very very good liar :P

edit: Gotta love clan drama, amirite?
- Now over to you, Phobos.

Creating a different name was brilliant thinking and sticking to character this entire time is incredible. I am so grateful to have played in the ICW and will continue playing until you can no longer do these. You deserve the up-most respect from everyone who has played in the ICW tournaments.

Thank you very much for given us a chance to relive the SWBF experience.  :moo: :cheer: :tu: :cheers:

Josef ive known you since the days of VS and im here to support you as well

Quote from: Oven on September 14, 2013, 05:04:52 PM
I want to address something else in advance: there's a chance that Rage will circulate chat logs wherein I agree to allow him to use my name (Joseph) to play in Week 5.

This was a terrible mistake, and I feel very guilty for it. But nothing came of it: I changed my mind and did not let him do that.

I regret even temporarily agreeing to it, but I reasoned that he would only namefake someone else (since he told me so), and that this would be some kind of "compensation". This sort of "reasoning", of how best to please or not upset Phobos, is probably very commonplace. I know that everyone who's active in FC has been faced with these kind of decisions before.

But this is just delaying the inevitable. You can't start compromising, it snowballs. It has to stop immediately. So here it stops, before going anywhere.

nico is 12 years old and he took being banned from this week with no complaints...he didnt try to fak ename...he didnt beg us to use our names or repeal the ban he took it better than a 23 year old

I think now i finally can make this post.Well,i would like to apologize myself for FC especially Elite,Kishan and Sirpimped.I`ve been banned for 28 years from FC site for telling Bird trues about Rage and the ways he acts and ended up putting them in the middle.For those who dont know ive been in Wusi before and still talk with some of them.I didnt know it untill today afternoon,but,Bird gave all my chatlogs to Rage on porpouse because he knew Joseph was going to make this post.He wanted to make things even worst for Rage as he knew Rage would ban me.I`m sorry for what happened as i didnt know it was a ''plan'',i meant every word about what i said to Rage and i hope now you guys will understand since none would expect Joseph to say such things about him.He sent me pms in this site with lies and acting with an one way mind even though i proved some stuff he denied as he always does.Once again im sorry and hope youll change your mind.

The plot thickens!
This is almost as good as the strange stories of Snakes maps!

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on September 14, 2013, 05:29:19 PM
Dont know them lol
But im sure its not better than this:
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

I want to say something... but i dont know what to say...I see that you were never biased towards FC or YAK or anyone, and I think it's pretty cool that you decided instead of playing in the tournement, you actually made it. Well done I say Well done! :tu:

Quote from: Oven on September 14, 2013, 04:48:27 PM
Hello players of SWBF,

I totally knew it, the writing was all over the wall
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

September 14, 2013, 05:46:38 PM #13 Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 05:48:35 PM by Gen.Hond{snp}
1.0 also agrees that we will accept mostly anyone to play for us as well(aside the ones banned) and lets hope we can have a 40 man server again and have FUN with no lawyer talk....I used to ask bird and wild what was so bad about playing in tournaments with FC(specifically rage) and since last week I finally understood what they meant by you have to see for yourself.

https://swbfv1clan.wordpress.com/2013/09/05/icw3-update-2/ When 1.0 beats FC/YAK

http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/128879699 Schduled battle against YAK/FC with 1.0 Ldrs
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/128576856-4.jpg
Random unscheduled battle against FC with just 1 1.0 Ldr.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on September 14, 2013, 05:29:19 PM
The plot thickens!
IKR just like that BF1 creepypasta
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."