ICW3 Rules and General Information

Started by Oven, August 04, 2013, 06:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 04, 2013, 06:30:47 PM Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 02:09:22 PM by Oven
These Rules are not current; I will update them when I have the time. If you haven't been following Weeks 4-5, read the W4 verdict thread and W5 thread to see the crucial amendments.

ICW3 Starting Map

Current (Week 2) Map

ICW3 Official Map Pack Download
(Be sure to read the ReadMe including in the download, there is one more step than usual. Also be sure to go to this thread and make the teeny-tiny change described there: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6960.0)

Make sure you have the latest version of Tunngle

ICW3 Week 1

ICW3 Week 2

Personnel:
Admins
Oven (xfire: ovenlovesyou)
Shazam (scoutz2436)
Scorpion (5hadowclaw)
DEAGLE (markdeagle)

Server hosts
American - Buckler (rtlbuckler)
European - DEAGLE (markdeagle)

The Map was made by Unit 33. Modding has been done by Dark_Phantom with assistance from Phobos and Shazam.

Clans
Entenclan
TcF
UEF
YAK

Anyone who is not in another participating clan is free to join YAK by posting here.

Tournament Rules

Scheduling:
The tournament proceeds in a series of weeks. In the thread for a given week, which will typically be posted on a Sunday or Monday, clans may announce attacks. Clans may attack at most two planets per week. The planets must be connected via a line to a planet currently held by the clan. A planet may only be attacked once in a given week.

Note: It's fine to post which planets you're attacking first, as long as you meet the deadline below for officially scheduling.

The attacks must be scheduled by Wednesday at midnight EST. The battles must be scheduled for some time on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Because there is a strong mix of both American and European players, the following rule will be enforced if needed: Defenders can reject a certain battle time and counter with a time which is more convenient for them.

The rule in the paragraph just above should not be abused by defenders. I'm relying on participants to understand what abuse means here. If the rule is abused then it will be removed and scheduling will be a free-for-all. The goal should be to have both teams as full as possible.

The defenders may also request a European-hosted server.

Attackers choose sides and era.

Only one ICW battle may take place at any given moment. Battles should be scheduled to start on the hour.

Match Rules:
Radar is allowed, but by no means required, on stock maps. Radar has been disabled on mod maps.

Vehicles have been removed on mod maps.

Defenders cannot be outnumbered in a match. Immediately before the start of a match the admin will count the number of defenders present. This is the battle count. For the rest of the match, each side may have use any number of players which is less than or equal to the battle count. (E.g., if a defender leaves in the middle, no attackers must leave.)

If a server becomes very laggy due to a large number of players, the admin has the right to limit the number of defenders (and therefore attackers) to something reasonable (admin discretion). The number would probably be around 16.

In a match, at most one-third (1/3) of the players on a clan's side may be non-clan members. In other words, a 2:1 ration of clan:nonclan must be obeyed. There are no restrictions whatsoever on the affiliation of the non-clan players. The rounding rule is: round up. Example: A clan brings 10 members, then they may use 7 mercs.

If a clan delays a match by 10 minutes, the clan loses one of their attacks for the next week. If a clan delays by 15 minutes, then additionally they forfeit the match.

Added rule: A player may spectate a battle, but only if one of the participating clans agrees to it (and if it wouldn't cause lag due to the amount of players in the server). They will wear a [Spec] tag, and hide out of the way during the battle, using freecam to watch. Killing a spectator is prohibited.

The following generic, standard rules apply:

A. No special units (this means droideka, clone jet, empire jet, and wookie). Trooper, Rocket, Pilot, and Sniper classes are always permitted.
B. Vehicles are permitted in all situations.
C. Capturing CPs is permitted in all situations.
D. Pre-mines are not permitted in any situation, and laying pre-mines amounts to an automatic forfeiture.
E. Spawn mines are permitted.
F. Teamkill is always off.
G. All servers shall be /noaim.
H. No swearing in yellow chat.
I. No false starts. (This means: stay very close to green CPs until the countdown ends. Yes, we all have freecam.)
J. Only an admin may countdown a battle.
K. No impersonating other clan members.
L. All players must wear tags ingame. (including Mercenaries)
M. No playing for or spying on the opposing clan's side. Join your clan's side ASAP upon entering the server.

Violation of these rules will result in an official warning by an in-game admin; penalties will ensue at the admin's discretion.

Any attempt to influence the opinions of any admin is also grounds for penalty, and if it happens multiple times, disqualification. Calling out another clan for starting early, or having too many members, is completely fine, but all other matters should be left in the admin's hands.

Admins will record the results of a game using one or more of the following methods: freecam, video, xfire screenshots. An Admin will post the screenshot of the final screen on the forums soon after a battle is finished.

And finally: At all times Admins have the right to ask everyone except designated players in the server to stop yellow-chatting.

Winning

Presently there is no time cut-off for the ICW3. It will last at least 4 weeks; beyond that it will depend on the availability of the admins. If there is a cut-off, the clan with the most planets will win. Otherwise the winner is the last clan standing. The cut-off would be announced no later than Week 3.

The nature of a tiebreaker will be determined as needed.

If a clan forfeits, their planets become native held, and attackers will face a team of "native". Anyone may show up as a native. However in this case the natives may be outnumbered by attackers. But there is a limit of 2 members per clan on the native side.

Please let me know if anything above is incomplete or unclear.

Are there no clan alliances allowed, this time?

You might add that a European host may be requested, and you should clarify who gets the choose who they want to host. (Attacker or defender?)

Also, what happens if a clan forfeits?  Who gets their planets?

Quote from: Shazam on August 04, 2013, 06:56:32 PM
Are there no clan alliances allowed, this time?

You might add that a European host may be requested, and you should clarify who gets the choose who they want to host. (Attacker or defender?)

Also, what happens if a clan forfeits?  Who gets their planets?
Like for ICW2, there's no official diplomacy, just a general merc allowance.

I'll add it.

Forfeit => Planet becomes native held. I'll explain above.

August 04, 2013, 07:08:49 PM #3 Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 03:52:51 PM by Phobos
please add a rule about forcing the team to stay near their CPs before the round starts. Going to the other teams CP before the battle begins should count as a false start

Quote from: Oven on August 04, 2013, 06:59:49 PM

I'll add it.

Forfeit => Planet becomes native held. I'll explain above.
[/quote If a clan is in an alliance with another clan, and those two clans turn out to be the only clans left, would we have to attack each other or is it a win?

Quote from: Oven on August 04, 2013, 06:59:49 PM

Excuse me, but what is meant by "Pre-mines"?
Does this mean mines laid before the countdown?

Quote from: Kelle on August 06, 2013, 11:10:03 PM
Excuse me, but what is meant by "Pre-mines"?
Does this mean mines laid before the countdown?
yep