Two questions

Started by FuzzyQuills, May 05, 2017, 10:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey all, been a while since I played BFII and thought of giving SWBFSpy a go again.

Is there any known Australian servers working? Main reason I ask is that my horrid upload speed means US servers have upwards of 200 ping where I am. (same goes for Team Fortress 2, good thing Valve put servers in Sydney)

And last I checked, ONLY the US had any servers...

If not, I do have a VPS I could start one on if there's enough aussies interested.

Oh, and my second question; has anyone noticed any significant change from the new update that came through on Steam? (for those using the Steam version)
This Universe's Captain Falcon. A title I will pass on when I leave this world.

Quote from: FuzzyQuills on May 05, 2017, 10:34:15 PM
Oh, and my second question; has anyone noticed any significant change from the new update that came through on Steam? (for those using the Steam version)
That update is just a DirectX update. Some people seem to think the menus are running faster because of it, but it isnt really notable.

Quote from: FuzzyQuills on May 05, 2017, 10:34:15 PM
Hey all, been a while since I played BFII and thought of giving SWBFSpy a go again.

Is there any known Australian servers working? Main reason I ask is that my horrid upload speed means US servers have upwards of 200 ping where I am. (same goes for Team Fortress 2, good thing Valve put servers in Sydney)

And last I checked, ONLY the US had any servers...

If not, I do have a VPS I could start one on if there's enough aussies interested.

Update history and information can be found here: https://steamdb.info/app/6060/history/

CLICK THE IMAGE AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE STEAM GUIDE.

Alright, noted about the updates, I did at first assume DirectX redist updates, as it's apparently happened before.

As for aussie servers, I guess I install WINE onto my server and configure it... then load SWBFII on.

Any minimum RAM requirements for a SWBFII server? I'd assume that it wouldn't need much, given the age of the game.

If you get the SWBF2 server to work with wine, let us know how.  No one that I know of has gotten it to work yet.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on May 12, 2017, 07:27:59 PM
If you get the SWBF2 server to work with wine, let us know how.  No one that I know of has gotten it to work yet.
Will do!

If when you do get it to work that would will be
AWESOME!   :cheer:

good luck  -Linux User Awesome
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer