Trying to install SWBF2Spy But Ive Got a Small Problem

Started by Grizzly, June 30, 2017, 05:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
When I go to download the client for SWBFSpy, it shows up as a .rar file, and not a .exe file. I run on Windows 10, and my computer keeps prompting me to open it with Internet Explorer, which simply flashes on the screen for a split second and disappears. I've also somehow successfully copied in the SWBF1 version, but i can't find it mirrored for SWBF2. Has anyone run into this problem before me?

rar is a compressed format.  7zip will uncompress it.  7zip can be obtained from here
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Okay, awesome. One more question; once I have downloaded 7zip, how do I uncompress the file? And i believe all thats to do after that is switch it out for the original BF2 file in GameData?

have 7zip installed, download the file, place it on your desktop or somewhere you can find it, then right click on the file, and there will be an option like uncompress, or extract or something similar.  After it is extracted, place it in your gamedata folder.

use the new exe file to play on SWBFspy.  You may want to make a shortcut from the new exe in gamedata to your desktop for convenience.

Let us know if you get stuck.   :cheers:

The option to extract comes up, but once that step is completed it simply shows up as the same file as before; this i got from trying to compress the file (which i could do rather than extract anything from it, for that wasnt an option)

I am not sure why it is not working you, but you can get the uncompressed file at the link below.

http://www.swbfdepot.com:8080/share.cgi?ssid=02lEDnt

SWBFdepot is hosted at my home, so the file server may be off occasionally due to restarts, power outages, etc, but it will be back up soon if it ever is down.