Happy Thanksgiving!

Started by Norwood, November 27, 2014, 07:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Don't eat to much. :P
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Happy Thanksgiving to you to!
History Guy! "Oh without the history..."
Archiving Guy! "Mods are Amazing they make you play the game, even when you cant play online!"

I'm probably going to end up eating too little to be honest... I actually haven't even felt hungry yet and I'm almost halfway through the day LOL

Happy Thanksgiving!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Too late! 46 days too late... (Because we Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving every 2nd Monday of October, which was 46 days ago!)

Nonetheless, I wish my American friends/neighbours a Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Happy thanksgiving (something we dont celebrate in spain but anyway) lol  :cheers:
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Happy thanksgiving if you celebrate it. I think I'll join in with the eating. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

An annual excuse to stuff ourselves full with good food. What's not to like? I feel bad for you non-Americans. I love Thanksgiving. It's like the only holiday that doesn't seem to only be around to make $ for stores. Plus I get to spend time with my uncles, aunts, cousins, and grandmother. Unfortunately I didn't eat enough, and now I'm starving.

On a side note, it is so pathetic how today is a day to give thanks and tomorrow is Black Friday. The day when people almost kill each other to get 50 bucks of a TV. :(

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Carbon27 on November 27, 2014, 06:52:11 PM
An annual excuse to stuff ourselves full with good food. What's not to like? I feel bad for you non-Americans. I love Thanksgiving. It's like the only holiday that doesn't seem to only be around to make $ for stores. Plus I get to spend time with my uncles, aunts, cousins, and grandmother. Unfortunately I didn't eat enough, and now I'm starving.

On a side note, it is so pathetic how today is a day to give thanks and tomorrow is Black Friday. The day when people almost kill each other to get 50 bucks of a TV. :(

If most Americans were smart they would realize that Black Friday sales are actually harming the economy in the long run.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Ultimo on November 27, 2014, 07:11:47 PM
If most Americans were smart they would realize that Black Friday sales are actually harming the economy in the long run.

You're trying to make me feel guilty, aren't you?  :P

I actually have an awesome Black Friday tradition. Because I am in a different state for the week of Thanksgiving, I am right near an Amish community. They have "scratch and dent" stores for the public to buy anything from slightly expired food to broken toys. The good thing is prices are very, very low. So I go to Amish stores on Thanksgiving. Cool, eh? Then I eat about twice my body weight in food at a buffet after shopping. :D But more to the comment you made, I never really thought about that. But it really does make sense. You got me really thinking.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

So, so true. I wish more stores *Cough Cough*Walmart*Cough Cough* would just close on Thanksgiving. And a large gathering of people like that is a potential target (no pun intended) for bad people to do bad things en mass.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on November 29, 2014, 07:56:29 PM
So, so true. I wish more stores *Cough Cough*Walmart*Cough Cough* would just close on Thanksgiving. And a large gathering of people like that is a potential target (no pun intended) for bad people to do bad things en mass.

Well, closing stores would also be kind of bad- Because instead of gaining any money from a day where prices are "extremely low"** , the whole company is down a whole day, for no reason. I say the stores should remain open at normal price items.

**[spoiler= Black Friday Logic][/spoiler]

Then there's the fact that people call "Black Friday" a historic thing... Well, simply put, more happened on the Tuesday before the Friday that everybody is referring to. At least in America, the Tuesday was when the stocks first plummeted, then Friday came, and Friday wasn't even as bad as Tuesday. We use Friday because it's the weekend.

Politically and Economically speaking, Black Friday seems like the dumbest thing to keep having. Even more so when people are going to wait, unemployed outside of a Walmart for 3 months with just the pennies they have(unemployed) instead of actually getting a job and having the money to spend inside Walmart... Dumb :censored: ...

Common Sense must be rare...
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Ultimo on November 29, 2014, 09:02:50 PM
Common Sense must be rare...

It is becoming an increasingly rare quality these days.

*In b4 jokes of every reality show in Hollywood, and of people in Florida*

Quote from: Gold Man on November 29, 2014, 09:15:22 PM
It is becoming an increasingly rare quality these days.

*In b4 jokes of every reality show in Hollywood, and of people in Florida*

In b4 said jokes turn into more ranting.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper