Install Problems with the Conversion Pack 2.0 / 2.2 on Mac

Started by Wippelmadippel, January 08, 2017, 04:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 08, 2017, 04:03:45 PM Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 04:07:07 PM by Wippelmadippel
I'm installing some mods for the first time and run into some problems with the Conversion Pack. While things like Dark Times 1 + 2 and the Extreme 2.2 Pack are working perfectly I have issues wth apparently random maps/modes from the Conversion pack which I installed with the Update.

I noticed that the Installer which I run through Wine keeps hanging up every time at the very end when it says "installation finishes" with nothing happening. When I forcequit Wine it shows a window that the Installer has finished now and I only have to press Finish, so it seems to me like it really did install all data correctly.

I installed the Conversion pack on an unmodded version of the game as recommended but the problems aren't worse on a version that also has BFExtreme and the Dark Times mods. Of course I also have Patch 1.2 and 1.3.

I will try some more times to run the installer some more times but I have no idea what to change, I already closed all other programs.

Most maps in Classic Conquest mode don't work, Concord Dawn doesn't work at all, Kashyyyk Docks Conquest doesn't work, Geonosis Spire doesn't work in any mode/era combination. But many of the converted BF1 maps and even some custom maps work like Bespin Platforms Conquest and Haruun Kal in Uber mode.

My bad, I just had to lower the Light and LOD/texture detail settings. Couldn't find the help document until I downloaded the files from another site.