I'm new here... I need some adivce

Started by jthaze, October 26, 2016, 05:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Commander Awesome on November 06, 2016, 03:39:07 PM
It's in the wrong place. It should be in a folder called "Addon" in GameData. If there isn't one, make it.

But there is a folder called "addon" in GameData.  It is highlighted in blue on the screenshot.  I don't understand.
When it comes to video games....

I scrub the floor.

Thank you

November 06, 2016, 04:13:24 PM #31 Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 04:15:02 PM by Commander Awesome
Then there should be a new "era" called Dark Times and a bunch of new maps. If there isn't, then I don't know what could be wrong, because you appear to have done everything right.

(Disclaimer: this mod only adds stuff, it does not change anything in the original maps and modes. Disclaimer II: I didn't make this mod, I am just helping you with it.)

Quote from: Commander Awesome on November 06, 2016, 04:13:24 PM
Then there should be a new "era" called Dark Times and a bunch of new maps. If there isn't, then I don't know what could be wrong, because you appear to have done everything right.

(Disclaimer: this mod only adds stuff, it does not change anything in the original maps and modes. Disclaimer II: I didn't make this mod, I am just helping you with it.)

Where would I see this in the SWBF game?  For example, I went to instant action to see if there were any new maps, but it was only the orignial ones. 

Anything else I should try?  Should I move the files to the actual SWBF game or keep them in the .wine folder?

Thank you again for your help and patience Commander Awesome.  Your name speaks of truth.

I scrub the floor.

Thank you

Quote from: jthaze on November 06, 2016, 04:39:12 PM
Where would I see this in the SWBF game?  For example, I went to instant action to see if there were any new maps, but it was only the orignial ones. 

Anything else I should try?  Should I move the files to the actual SWBF game or keep them in the .wine folder?

Thank you again for your help and patience Commander Awesome.  Your name speaks of truth.
It would be in the instant action menu.  Did you make sure this is in the same directory where you installed SWBF2?

Quote from: Commander Awesome on November 06, 2016, 05:34:49 PM
It would be in the instant action menu.  Did you make sure this is in the same directory where you installed SWBF2?

Ohh, this might be the problem.  What do you mean by directory?  The actual game SWBF II that I click on to open the game does not have the Dark Times files.  On the video I watched I thought they were in different places, but maybe I did it wrong...  What would be the step to fixing that?

I scrub the floor.

Thank you

Go to the folder where BattlefrontII.exe is located, create a folder named "Addon" in it and place BDT and AAA-v1.3patch in the Addon folder.

November 08, 2016, 10:31:41 AM #37 Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 11:06:19 AM by jthaze
Quote from: Commander Awesome on November 07, 2016, 08:17:22 PM
Go to the folder where BattlefrontII.exe is located, create a folder named "Addon" in it and place BDT and AAA-v1.3patch in the Addon folder.

A HA!  Now the new maps are showing up.  The only thing is I can't use them.  They are also yellow colored.

Any ideas of how to fix it?

Also, is there anything else that is added to the game besides the new maps?  Is there a new campaign?

I scrub the floor.

Thank you

Quote from: jthaze on November 08, 2016, 10:31:41 AM
A HA!  Now the new maps are showing up.  The only thing is I can't use them.  They are also yellow colored.

Any ideas of how to fix it?
What do mean you can't use them? Also, they're supposed to be colored yellow, so you can spot them easily.

Quote from: jthaze on November 08, 2016, 10:31:41 AM
Also, is there anything else that is added to the game besides the new maps?  Is there a new campaign?
There is a new campaign in the form of a new Galactic Conquest with campaign maps. The campaign follows the Rebel Alliance from just after the Battle of Yavin to the Battle of Endor. There is also a new "era" added to all of the original maps to play them with the units from the new maps & campaign.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on November 08, 2016, 11:21:08 AM
What do mean you can't use them? Also, they're supposed to be colored yellow, so you can spot them easily.
There is a new campaign in the form of a new Galactic Conquest with campaign maps. The campaign follows the Rebel Alliance from just after the Battle of Yavin to the Battle of Endor. There is also a new "era" added to all of the original maps to play them with the units from the new maps & campaign.

Oh cool!  What is the name of the galactic conquest?

When I say I can't use them, I mean I can't select them to be used in instant action.  All of the original maps give me the option of what type of battle I want and in what era, but the new maps don't show that.  I can't select those maps to play on.  And the fact that they're yellow makes much more sense now...

I scrub the floor.

Thank you

You can't play modded maps for galactic conquest without modding them INTO galactic conquest

Quote from: Jean on November 08, 2016, 11:37:44 AM
You can't play modded maps for galactic conquest without modding them INTO galactic conquest

hmmm... What do you mean by that?  Are you saying that I can only play those maps in galactic conquest?  I don't even know what galactic conquest it is or if I even have it.  All I know is that I cannot play games on the new maps.

Thanks for your help!

I scrub the floor.

Thank you

Quote from: jthaze on November 08, 2016, 11:32:58 AM
Oh cool!  What is the name of the galactic conquest?
Just "The Dark Times".
Quote from: jthaze on November 08, 2016, 11:32:58 AMWhen I say I can't use them, I mean I can't select them to be used in instant action.  All of the original maps give me the option of what type of battle I want and in what era, but the new maps don't show that.  I can't select those maps to play on.  And the fact that they're yellow makes much more sense now...
Make sure the "AAA-v1.3patch" folder is in Adddon as well.
Quote from: jthaze on November 08, 2016, 11:50:03 AM
hmmm... What do you mean by that?  Are you saying that I can only play those maps in galactic conquest?  I don't even know what galactic conquest it is or if I even have it.  All I know is that I cannot play games on the new maps.

Thanks for your help!
He means the exact opposite. The original galactic conquests will only feature the original maps unless you modify them.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on November 08, 2016, 12:18:05 PM
Just "The Dark Times".  Make sure the "AAA-v1.3patch" folder is in Adddon as well.

OK, so the AAA folder is in Addon, but the galactic conquest "The Dark Times" is not showing up.  I'm not sure if I just need to redownload them or something. 

Thank you for your help again and the quick responses, greatly appreciated.

I scrub the floor.

Thank you

Quote from: jthaze on November 08, 2016, 12:26:29 PM
OK, so the AAA folder is in Addon, but the galactic conquest "The Dark Times" is not showing up.  I'm not sure if I just need to redownload them or something. 

Thank you for your help again and the quick responses, greatly appreciated.
Ok, download this: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pzznah47785jabb/SWBF2-v1.3patch+r129.exe
Run it and have it install where BattlefrontII.exe is located.