I'm new here... I need some adivce

Started by jthaze, October 26, 2016, 05:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Commander Awesome on October 27, 2016, 02:31:57 PM
As I said previously, you don't need to run SetupBF2 because copying your BF2 files the directory is literally the exact same thing SetupBF2 does.

(Face Palm)  Totally forgot that important piece...  Sorry about that. 

So, in order to make battlefront work, I need to use it with wine right?  How do I connect the two?  I have installed the application wine like showed in the video, what is my next step?

I feel like I keep asking dumb questions, but whatever I am doing is not working.  Thank you for patience and help.
When it comes to video games....

I scrub the floor.

Thank you

If wine is installed, I think you just need to right click on the BattlefrontII.exe file and "Load with Wine" or something similar.

here is something that may help
http://www.howtogeek.com/263211/how-to-run-windows-programs-on-a-mac-with-wine/
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Don't worry about asking questions, we're here to help you. Everyone wants to play SWBF!

Ok so forget about wine. You no longer need it to install the base game. You have everything you need, you simply need to place the right folders in the right spot. Heres a step by step:

1) Create a folder called "Lucasarts"
2) Place the folder "Star Wars Battlefront II" inside the "Lucasarts" folder you just created.
3) Delete everything inside the folder "Star Wars Battlefront II" except for the "GameData" folder. You do not need these files (delete the files titled "Install", "Movies" and "Update 1_1.txt" )
4) Right click on the "Star Wars Battlefront II" port (the one with the picture of the clone trooper)
5) Navigate: Contents - Resources - transgaming - c_drive - Program Files
6) Place the folder titled "Lucasarts" inside the "Program Files" folder
7) Launch the game and play!

YYEEEEESSSSSS!!!  WOO HOO!  It's working boys.  Thank you for the help.

At first, it was not working, but then I recognized that my version of wine that I downloaded was too old, so I had to download a new version.  I am quite happy I would say.   :tu: :D

Thank you all that posted in this feed that helped out.

The next step is playing online... What should I do to start that process?

I scrub the floor.

Thank you

Thank you!

Now for the dope mods...  What are the best ones?  Which ones make the game more fun/better to play?

I scrub the floor.

Thank you

Quote from: jthaze on October 28, 2016, 06:10:32 AM
Thank you!

Now for the dope mods...  What are the best ones?  Which ones make the game more fun/better to play?
You might want to look for some graphical improvement mods. The game looks as modern as it can get with mods that make the troops look better.
The years just fly past, don't they?

Quote from: Nyx on October 28, 2016, 06:14:51 AM
You might want to look for some graphical improvement mods. The game looks as modern as it can get with mods that make the troops look better.

I'd say the best mods to get would be the conversion pack and the space to ground mappack:

Conversion pack: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-conversion-pack

Space to ground mappack: http://www.mediafire.com/file/07jvkj6vkjr77vw/Space+to+Sky+to+Ground+Mappack+1+-+Naboo%2C+Hoth+and+Coruscant.7z

I'm really happy you got it to work!

In my tutorial video of how to install the game on your mac I outline how to install 3 different mods, the ones I play pretty much every time I play SWBFII.

The 1.2 Skin patch mod upgrades the look of the skin without losing the ability to play online with those those who don't have it. They look great.

The Dark Times II mod is the greatest mod for SWBFII and anyone who's played it will probably agree. New game modes, new campaign, new sides, new maps. It really is one of the best mods for SWBFII I 100% recommend. I've been playing it for a few years now.

The conversion pack mod is alright, it has it's fair share of issues. It causes the game to crash and the sides are sub-par. For this reason I use Marvel4's conversion pack which is simply add-on maps. It doesn't add a whole lot of data to your game and you can remove maps you don't want. They are all stock sides but each map has hero assault if you like that game mode. Plus the maps look way more similar to their SWBFI counterparts.

Those 3 mods I show how to install on your game in the video.

For me the best campaign mod out there is still Designated Days made by Icemember and his team:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/designated-days

Each map has one new unique campaign following a totally new legion of clone troopers or stormtrooper depending which era you are playing! The whole mod is based on World War 2 with the Star Wars feeling of course  :moo:
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

October 28, 2016, 11:04:11 AM #25 Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 11:05:45 AM by Jean
@Kit Fisto

all skin mods have the ability to play online as long as they don't change collision and I personally think Commander Awesome's skin pack is the best for skins

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 28, 2016, 10:45:17 AM
I'm really happy you got it to work!

In my tutorial video of how to install the game on your mac I outline how to install 3 different mods, the ones I play pretty much every time I play SWBFII.

The 1.2 Skin patch mod upgrades the look of the skin without losing the ability to play online with those those who don't have it. They look great.

The Dark Times II mod is the greatest mod for SWBFII and anyone who's played it will probably agree. New game modes, new campaign, new sides, new maps. It really is one of the best mods for SWBFII I 100% recommend. I've been playing it for a few years now.

The conversion pack mod is alright, it has it's fair share of issues. It causes the game to crash and the sides are sub-par. For this reason I use Marvel4's conversion pack which is simply add-on maps. It doesn't add a whole lot of data to your game and you can remove maps you don't want. They are all stock sides but each map has hero assault if you like that game mode. Plus the maps look way more similar to their SWBFI counterparts.

Those 3 mods I show how to install on your game in the video.

Hey Kit Fisto, thank you for all of your help and everyone else on this feed.

I am working on the mod stuff and I have gotten the skin patch working, but the Dark Times II mod is not working.  I downloaded it and installed it into my wine folder, but it is not showing up in the gameplay.  Am I missing something? 

Thanks again.

I scrub the floor.

Thank you

Make sure there's a folder called "BDT" in the Gamedata\Addon folder.

November 06, 2016, 03:11:11 PM #28 Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 03:26:35 PM by jthaze
Attached is the folder and its contents.  All of what is seen is in my .wine folder.  When doing the mods with the skins, the video said to actually replace files in the game data, and I supposed to do that? 

Also, what are the actual things that are added in the mod, like the specifics?

Thanks

I scrub the floor.

Thank you

It's in the wrong place. It should be in a folder called "Addon" in GameData. If there isn't one, make it.