Dedicated Server on Gameranger to Promote SWBFSpy

Started by Nova, September 16, 2016, 05:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 17, 2016, 09:57:52 PM #15 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 10:02:57 PM by Jean
Quote from: oldsnake on September 17, 2016, 09:37:35 PM
Did you get a look at the dude's ping? no i never got any info from the server. crashes super fast every time this happens :td:

You can try opening your game's executable with a hex editor like HxD and going to the offset 001945A6 and changing the single byte 4E to 45. Should stop the crashing. Let me know if it helps 

P.S Did you see anyone with the name ADMIN joining? I had a similar experience about 5 months ago or so. I doubt it's the same person though because he knows me somehow

that change was made already on my exe during the times of the server crashing. there was just 2 players at that time of crash jean and me.

Quote from: oldsnake on September 17, 2016, 10:29:55 PM
that change was made already on my exe during the times of the server crashing. there was just 2 players at that time of crash jean and me.

Hm.... I'm stumped :/

Next time you see someone with that name on your server screenshot it immediately. I'm curious who this person is and why they're apparently impersonating me

Yes it was very frustrating Yesterday with all the crashing it was relentless and they know my name as well Jean they even said my old handle nickname. I do Have Hxd and will try code hope it will hope if not I will just stop hosting. For me I just enjoy to host servers and Since I upgraded my Internet Server to Fiber was hopeing to do better with the pings for all players

I hope you can get this sorted, for me my ping is good on your server and I don't have a choice because on the only other popular server I get booted since my ping is too high there (150-200  :slap:) I'm not sure in a game as old as this one there honestly isn't much chance for you to permanently get of a dedicated malicious user, so I don't really know what to do in your situation, but hey you know how to hex edit not me. I hope you can figure out a way to keep hosting.
"Join the empire they said, see the galaxy...riiiiiiiiight."

- jaded stormtrooper

Put a password on your server so that the crasher cant join. And look up the server patched executable that fixes the bugs that the kids use to crash it.

Quote from: xMichael on September 28, 2016, 03:29:39 AM
Put a password on your server so that the crasher cant join. And look up the server patched executable that fixes the bugs that the kids use to crash it.

I already provided the hex edits for it