Dark Trooper Championship 2014

Started by Phobos, August 23, 2014, 02:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Awesome! Thanks Phobos, I'm really excited about this! :tu:
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

November 06, 2014, 07:32:44 AM #31 Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:46:52 AM by Phobos
Rules Updates
- The tournament will only be 4 weeks long because of some players potentially not being able to attend all the battles. The DTC officially begins tomorrow, November 7th and ends on December 6th. 
- There will not be an official award for the player with most headshots (maybe a crosshair though), because of the strong possibility of several players who have signed up not being able to attend every battle. Helios, RepCom, and Norwood might miss some duels.
- Nobody will be disqualified for missing duels now because the tournament is so short, you will simply receive 0 points and the opponent receives 25 points. Free points cannot be given for headshots, only kills which is why a HS award was canceled for this event.
- The top 4 participants (or top 3 if 4th and 5th place are tied) with most kills overall will receive an award. Players only need to post a screenshot of the final kill stats page, but they can take screenshots of the others if they want.
- A fifth round will only be played for tie break if necessary to determine the final top 3 rankings. This will be determined by week 4.
- The deadline for posting weekly battle results is Sunday 6AM EST. The next round schedules will be posted every week by Sunday afternoon. Each week lasts 7 days except the first week which lasts 8 days.
Week 1 = Friday, November 7
Week 2 = Saturday, November 15
Week 3 = Saturday, November 22
Week 4 = Saturday, November 29

Players should post in this thread to set up battle times. Official admins are Phobos, Anyder, and Joseph. At least one admin or approved spectator should be present to ensure fairness and make sure the rules are followed. The official DTC duel server (with no AI) will be up by tomorrow.

The first week duels are as follows:
- Black Water vs Anythingpos
- Dark Phantom vs Norwood
- Anyder vs Helios
- Phobos vs Ultimo
- Joseph vs RepublicCommando

Official Bracket

November 06, 2014, 07:53:49 AM #32 Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 08:08:48 AM by ևltimσ
Quote from: Phobos on November 06, 2014, 07:32:44 AM
Phobos vs Ultimo
GG NO RE.
(I AM :censored:)

I suppose I'm good for any duel around these times during the tournament:

• Weekdays: 4:30 pm US Central through 9:30 US Central (Monday and Wednesday I am not likely available, but if my XFire is online then I am definitely available...)
  • Sunday: 2:00 pm US Central to 9:30 US Central
  • Saturday: Basically I can be on almost all day, depending on whatever time I decide to get out of bed...

If you ever see my XFire online during this tournament, then I'm available. XFire is " voltdude "
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Anythingpos, I can play any time from 3:40-9:00 PM EST, Monday through Thursday this week, my xfire is marttrooper- add me if you want.

Isnt this so exciting ? I mean omg xD Finally some 1on1s =D
Helios, I can play tomorrow at 6pm EST, is this ok for u ?
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

November 06, 2014, 02:02:57 PM #35 Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 02:10:23 PM by ևltimσ
I've attempted to start the server today, but it's ultimately failed on me twice. Both times a crash.

I'm sure the map is set up correctly in my files... Just don't know what I've done wrong.

EDIT: Silly me! I forgot to put the second DTC.lvl file in the SIDE folder. it's still on my desktop.  :slap:
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

So is it working now ??
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Anyder on November 06, 2014, 02:14:59 PM
So is it working now ??

Aye! And I am really luvin the DT's skin, too!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

November 06, 2014, 03:47:04 PM #38 Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 03:51:20 PM by Phobos
The official duel server is now up, it is called
-Dark-Trooper-Championship-2014-
If you can't see the server post here. It's currently set to 40 TPS because some players don't have good enough GPUs to support 60 FPS. The server will be 40 TPS for the first 2 weeks, then 60 TPS for the last two weeks.

Anyder had a question regarding spectators for admins:
- Players who can duel but no admin is on to spectate must both take screenshots to confirm the validity of the duel.
- Admins who can duel should invite a third player to spectate but it is not necessary.
- Both players should wait on the buffer round with 3 reinforcements until ready to begin the match then start the countdown right away next round.

Perhaps it's my fault for also trying to always run at 30 TPS. I don't necessarily need to be all that smooth, I just gotta see the target. 
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

You're going down Norwoody.  We will find a time to duke it out.
:)
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Fate seems to be doing a pretty good job of keeping me from playing everytime I tournament starts rolling around.

My mom is going to be limiting me to games a little more for the time being. So, I'm going to leave my XFire online 24/7 during the tournament time. I will post in my Status (or message my opponent) when I'm available to play.

I'm sorry things always seem to creep on me last minute, but I'm trying my best to stop that from happening.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

November 06, 2014, 07:47:08 PM #42 Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:49:18 PM by Norwood
As long as all works out, Phantom and I choose 5:00 EST on Wednesday to duel.

He can post here to verify. ;)
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

I post here to verify that is the time we are shooting for.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Right, so I'm posting this now so I don't leave yall in the dark later.

I'm going to be out of state (and therefor no internet..) from early tomorrow, until about monday (getting in a late sunday night.. maybe 3am monday). Then I'm probably going back to the same place for Thanksgiving at grandma's (classic, isn't it?) the next week.

It's this kind of stuff that always kept me from the GGW and ICWs..

I guess if you have a discussion place not here, or a battle log, say I "chickened out" for the lolz.

Here's hoping I live through 4 long van rides..