The "I Have An Idea!" thread

Started by Snake, March 07, 2012, 11:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Linux user Awesome on February 14, 2017, 12:34:22 AM
swbf1 idea

I have an idea you guy's should make an earth map of a real earth town.
But a small town of cource. you could go to google earth and find a town
small enof to put into SWBF1 or you could make a walmart interior map
that would be fun. :rofl:  i could even help with a few thing's like the sides
that is so fun to me! but any way i hope you'l at least consider it and
remember i want to help to  :happy:. well of to bed. :sleep:

EDIT: oh and btw its fine if you guys don't i will just make a lower quality one myself
if needs be. ;)
get off here kid.
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

May 10, 2017, 12:39:03 AM #196 Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 07:37:18 AM by Linux user Awesome
Just forget I ever said that. :wall:
Okay?
I'm not going to make request or ideas anymore. :(
Sorry I'm not as smart as everyone else here.  :confused:
everything I do and say just seams to get people angry
or confused. (I hate my bad English grammer and spelling
and sentences :rant: )

I still have a few things to do on SWBFGAMERS tho
Like  a few weapons odf and msh i will realese soon.  :mf:
if i ever get the time to. and no I'm not bluffing. I can do a little modding  >:(
then I might resign since everyone here wants me gone.  :dry:

EDIT: This is just me being over dramatic having a bit of fun :P  I could never leave SWBFGAMERS.  :wub:
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

May 10, 2017, 07:37:11 PM #197 Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 08:08:51 PM by Samistheone
Quote from: Linux user Awesome on February 14, 2017, 11:21:08 PM
thanks i allredy played the Egypt one there is also a Russia one.
but what i want is a more realistic small Canada or U.S town
just small enof to put into swbf1 with buildings, houses and
stores that you can go in. but you probaly could have a bigger
one if its swbf2  :happy: but i prefer swbf1  :)

it might a little imposable of an idea but not to far fetched if its small :happy:

but anyway i think i'l go get all the earth like assets and then go to the
asset request topic and request some assets for a earth town map
and make my own (and credit everyone that helped of cource) and
realese it. or just use the lego stile for it. but ether way i'm going to
make one :hmm: or get one somewhere :P

and thanks again for all the help  :happy:   

I have some earth maps as well and they do have buildings in it its not an Egypt, Russia, or Iraq Map either.

If you want just message me and I can try and dig them up, back in the day I started downloading as many maps and mods as I could just incase things like sites starting shutting down and I was going to keep them to repost them online if need be the only thing is that some of them don't have read me's and I don't have a way to contact the creators.

I do as well have a few maps that Froggy made, and I also have a map of tatooine Boontas Eve race! with a nice paintball area and a town and some flying and ground ships as well, and maps that aTaC  (LOL sorry i'm tired I ment to type AaTc haha), and RLcT clans made.

Quote from: Linux user Awesome on February 14, 2017, 12:34:22 AM
swbf1 idea

I have an idea you guy's should make an earth map of a real earth town.
But a small town of cource. you could go to google earth and find a town
small enof to put into SWBF1 or you could make a walmart interior map
that would be fun. :rofl:  i could even help with a few thing's like the sides
that is so fun to me! but any way i hope you'l at least consider it and
remember i want to help to  :happy:. well of to bed. :sleep:

EDIT: oh and btw its fine if you guys don't i will just make a lower quality one myself
if needs be. ;)

I have actually also wanted to do this I have ideas for a maps and have pictures on my old phone that I wanted to make to use to have a battle at a factory and on the street and the map wouldn't be any bigger then Bespin platforms I believe.

I just lack the capability to do this on my own and I also have some ideas to over haul the map Bespin cloud city and add somemore things that would the map even more fun awesome cool yet harder and easier as well. I so want to make this one happen its my major 1 goal I want to accomplish

Quote from: Linux user Awesome on May 10, 2017, 12:39:03 AM
Just forget I ever said that. :wall:
Okay?
I'm not going to make request or ideas anymore. :(
Sorry I'm not as smart as everyone else here.  :confused:
everything I do and say just seams to get people angry
or confused. (I hate my bad English grammer and spelling
and sentences :rant: )

I still have a few things to do on SWBFGAMERS tho
Like  a few weapons odf and msh i will realese soon.  :mf:
if i ever get the time to. and no I'm not bluffing. I can do a little modding  >:(
then I might resign since everyone here wants me gone.  :dry:

EDIT: This is just me being over dramatic having a bit of fun :P  I could never leave SWBFGAMERS.  :wub:

haha good to know i'm not the only one like that and who has ideas like me I think they are brilliant! ^^

I can help you out if you want.
after i finally finish a clown map i'm making
then I will try to make a factory map that
you said. I can now do a bit of 3d modeling
and map making.

and just a hint you should use edit instead
of posting 2 or 3 times in a row.
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

I recently extracted parts of the Outpost Beta map from the Battlefront Alpha and I'm considering using those to do a remake/reimagining of the stock Echo base map. Same basic layout, but with new parts, textures, and maybe even new command posts (as Echo Base can now be more detailed and have more rooms).
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

So here's what I'm thinking of when I talk about remaking/reimagining Echo base. I've doodled on the stock map to give an idea of how I'd lay it out. Bear in mind this is very rough and would be refined.:

The basic layout of the map would remain the same, but the objects would differ in some ways.

I'm already building the Echo Base model from the models I've extracted and edited, though the rear part of the hangar will be modified from the stock echo base hangar.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

How about a Guadians of the Galaxy map with the planet Xander (the Planet the "Guradians" we're protecting).
We could have that large enemy ship crashed on the surface with CP points within and a bit of the city outside.It would be cool if Darth Vader could be reskined as Thanos (villain from first movie) and all the ships as the raider ships(man the look awesome) and those stone like enemy ships ,have no idea what they are called.You could also reskin Jawas as the citizens of the city?Based on the movie, this should be a SWBF 2 ship map  (forgot what the game mode with ships are called).Too hard to make?

P.S. This is from the first movie,which I assume, you all have watched.If not, please watch it IMMEDIATELY!
P.P.S. I have no idea how to make maps or mods,I'm just giving the idea.
Generic Sig goes here

I have an idea, fixing the running animation for BF1 when acceleration is set above 7.5 in a unit's ODF to avoid seeng the dude surfing all around the map.

I have tried to edit the all_inf_snowtrooper file with XSI but I ended up facing an humiliating epic fail.  :shrug:
Also, check out my total conversion for BF1: Ferocious Battlefront
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ferocious-battlefront

RELEASE INCOMING

I think rogue one maps are a good Idea. :tu:

There is a scarif for swbf2 but not swbf1.
Also the following:
Jedha
Eadu
Wobani
Kafrene
Yavin
WIP: Undead troopers side mod.

Interested in modding? Check out the HALLOWEEN COMPETITION 2017! - http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=12410.msg116816;topicseen#new

I have an idea!

A map based off of the palace in Naboo from Star Wars Episode I, with blast doors that open and close like Death Star!
The map would have 7 command posts, 1 for both teams at the begining of the map, the outside of the palace, would be just for show, maybe a few assets from the official Naboo, such as the buildings, and some trees, with a blue sky would be nice. As well as tons of stairs, including 3 floors to go to. the entrance to the palace could be open, but if players try to go outside of it, they will die from leaving the battlefield!

That's my idea!

DylanRocket has uploaded a video of things he's found in various different earlier demos and betas of SWBF2004.

The interesting thing to note here is that for the first time we can see the beta layout of certain maps (and it seems the map we know now as "Naboo: Prototype" was actually the prototype version of "Naboo: Plains"). It'd certainly be interesting if we could recreate these maps.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I guess we should ask if the source SWBF files from those 3 different demos could be packaged up?  GamerTagTowellie had old videos of the demos that he took, but didn't have the files AFAIK.  There could be some interesting information gleaned from them, if not working beta stuff.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Here's the Xbox demo, with the original files and the unmunged files:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n1ccocjcewbjj05/SWBF1DEMO.rar

The Xbox demo has some higher quality Ewok textures than can be found in the mod tools. The textures found in the mod tools are only 256x256 while the Xbox demo has 512x512 textures for them. There's also a cleaner and darker texture for the Stormtroopers, a Hoth Rebel Pilot texture, and some other cool stuff. Everything was unmunged except for the sound files and the first person files.

The models don't unmunge correctly. Maybe they changed the model format later on or something.

This one is the Jampack PS2 demo, again with the original files and the unmunged files:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sx5a109u8z7v1aa/SWBFPS2Demo.rar

I've only included the Battlefront demo since the other demos probably aren't of interest to any of us.

The textures here are lower resolution, obviously due to the fact that it's running on PS2. There's some ODFs and models for the scrapped 6th classes for both the Empire and the Rebellion.

I can also upload the Xbox demo and PS2 beta of SWBF2 if anyone's interested in those.