convert obj to msh.?

Started by asky902, August 06, 2016, 01:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Other way to convert obj to msh with texture.

August 06, 2016, 03:04:53 AM #1 Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 03:10:45 AM by Ginev
Other people speaked about such thing not long ago.Next time please check through the search menu please.Anyway i will comment on this.If you do not have XSI Softimage download the demo 7.5 and use the ZETOOLS plugin.If you cannot do it from there since its too hard for you then you can try downloading Wings3D.Its other 3d modeling program and in my opinion its way more easier than XSI.You can export models from there aswell (obj to msh) but there problem is that your model wont have lowrez model aswell.This mean that ingame your model will pop up randomly when you look at him if there is too much objects on the map.If you want to try that method i have tutorial about that:

TUTORIAL

1.Download Wings3d program.Its very simple (free) modeling program.Find it on internet.

2.When yuo install it,open it.Click on the left upper corner import/obj or 3ds and import your obj/3ds model.

3.You probably will need to rescale your model before add it to the Battlefront game so get meshtool and import for example the rep_inf_trooper into obj file.Go back to the Wings3d (with your model imported there) and then again click import and add the obj trooper.Now you can see how much you have to scale up or down it.

4.When you are ready delete the trooper.Then select the entire model (need to become red) (press ctr+A then click tool from the upper menu and click magnet mask.Then click again tool click freeze.

5.Click File/export/vrml2   (vrml2 is file format)

6.Then add the textures in the folder where is your vrml2 file

7.Open with wordpad or notepad your vrml2 file and press ctr+F

8.In the popup window type    image

9.Then press enter and it will take you to a part where is your texture.

10.delete the entire section for the texture.Leave ONLY the NAME.tga

Example:

D\Games\Battlefront2\Name.tga

Make it look like this:

Name.tga

11.If you have more than 1 texture for this model again press ctr+F and hit again enter.

12.When you edit the texture section save the file and exit it.

13.Now open Msh viewer and dont try to open your vrml2 file.Just grab it with your mouse and drop it inside the msh viewer.

14.When your model appear inside click File/"Save as" and save like msh file.

15.Thats all.Put your model ingame and try it.Dont forget to get and the textures.

I am thinking that asky902 is an Artificial Intelligence bot that searches the forums to ask questions.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

If he is bot then he love talk about file formats and conversion's  :rofl:

I'm not a bot I just don't know about converting and making models.

Offtopic:I released one model from request here in this forum.You better get it before the link get broken.Its an impirial cruiser ship.Like the medium frigates from Star Wars rebels.It may be usefull for you.

Quote from: Ginev on August 06, 2016, 03:04:53 AM
Other people speaked about such thing not long ago.Next time please check through the search menu please.Anyway i will comment on this.If you do not have XSI Softimage download the demo 7.5 and use the ZETOOLS plugin.If you cannot do it from there since its too hard for you then you can try downloading Wings3D.Its other 3d modeling program and in my opinion its way more easier than XSI.You can export models from there aswell (obj to msh) but there problem is that your model wont have lowrez model aswell.This mean that ingame your model will pop up randomly when you look at him if there is too much objects on the map.If you want to try that method i have tutorial about that:

TUTORIAL

1.Download Wings3d program.Its very simple (free) modeling program.Find it on internet.

2.When yuo install it,open it.Click on the left upper corner import/obj or 3ds and import your obj/3ds model.

3.You probably will need to rescale your model before add it to the Battlefront game so get meshtool and import for example the rep_inf_trooper into obj file.Go back to the Wings3d (with your model imported there) and then again click import and add the obj trooper.Now you can see how much you have to scale up or down it.

4.When you are ready delete the trooper.Then select the entire model (need to become red) (press ctr+A then click tool from the upper menu and click magnet mask.Then click again tool click freeze.

5.Click File/export/vrml2   (vrml2 is file format)

6.Then add the textures in the folder where is your vrml2 file

7.Open with wordpad or notepad your vrml2 file and press ctr+F

8.In the popup window type    image

9.Then press enter and it will take you to a part where is your texture.

10.delete the entire section for the texture.Leave ONLY the NAME.tga

Example:

D\Games\Battlefront2\Name.tga

Make it look like this:

Name.tga

11.If you have more than 1 texture for this model again press ctr+F and hit again enter.

12.When you edit the texture section save the file and exit it.

13.Now open Msh viewer and dont try to open your vrml2 file.Just grab it with your mouse and drop it inside the msh viewer.

14.When your model appear inside click File/"Save as" and save like msh file.

15.Thats all.Put your model ingame and try it.Dont forget to get and the textures.

Does this work for charachter .msh too?
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

Sadly no.Only in XSI will work since there you will need to rig the entire model with bones in order to move however that is a little more complicated.I highly suggest you start first with simple prop models.

Quote from: Ginev on September 02, 2016, 09:39:41 PM
Sadly no.Only in XSI will work since there you will need to rig the entire model with bones in order to move however that is a little more complicated.I highly suggest you start first with simple prop models.
But this works for .msh addon?
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers