EA Battlefront Maps to SWBF 1

Started by TheGangstarTY, July 03, 2016, 05:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello all,

I wanted to ask if it would be possible for someone to port EA Battlefront Maps such as Endor and Hoth onto Star Wars Battlefront 1. I really do enjoy the maps on there and feel that it would make a great addition to SWBF 1.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
- TheGangstarTY
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

I said this in your PM, but I would love to have some of those maps brought over. They would need serious de-detailing to work but they could work well in SWBF.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

It would be so nice if i could  :shrug:
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

Could size be an issue? Some of these maps are rather large, and a couple might be on the small side maybe.

Not particularly - I've seen massive maps for SWBF and stock Jabba's Palace is a very small map.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

why not just recreate them with vanilla assets? Re-arrange terrian around, use assets from other map resources? I mean, lol it seems to me porting EA battlefront maps is more trouble than its worth, not to mention it isnt realistic in my opinion.

If someone wanted to, just recreate maps with whats aviable now and just eye the maps from EA battlefront and work something similiar into classic battlefront.

Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Quote from: 411Remnant on July 03, 2016, 11:29:34 PM
why not just recreate them with vanilla assets? Re-arrange terrian around, use assets from other map resources? I mean, lol it seems to me porting EA battlefront maps is more trouble than its worth, not to mention it isnt realistic in my opinion.

If someone wanted to, just recreate maps with whats aviable now and just eye the maps from EA battlefront and work something similiar into classic battlefront.

I would agree on this. It wouldn't be too difficult to recreate Hoth using the stock assets as a base (though they would require some tweaking). We'd probably need some objects from the new game (the crate has already been ported over) and I'd like to see the maps ripped for layout purposes. Of course, there are some rooms in Hoth we don't have represented in stock asset form so recreating those might take longer.

Sullust would be trickiest as that locale has never been done in that way in SWBF before.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on July 03, 2016, 11:34:04 PM
I would agree on this. It wouldn't be too difficult to recreate Hoth using the stock assets as a base (though they would require some tweaking). We'd probably need some objects from the new game (the crate has already been ported over) and I'd like to see the maps ripped for layout purposes. Of course, there are some rooms in Hoth we don't have represented in stock asset form so recreating those might take longer.

Sullust would be trickiest as that locale has never been done in that way in SWBF before.
Quote from: 411Remnant on July 03, 2016, 11:29:34 PM

I really don't mind what happens to be fair. I can see how porting them would be a bit of trouble so I'd agree with Gistech about partially porting it over (only porting certain objects). Either way, it'd be good if it had the same layout. I was thinking more of the Walker Assault kind of version, but mixed with CPs?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Walker Assault might be a bit trickier to do but it's not impossible.

Here's how I'd build the layouts of the rooms:

This will require some serious mesh restructuring but it could work.
In Progress:

On Hold:

:whip:
Quote from: Gistech on July 03, 2016, 11:34:04 PM

For some reason Dice likes to boast about being the first people to make a sullust map. Swbf renegade squadron had the first sullust map.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Quote from: 411Remnant on July 04, 2016, 08:05:19 AM
:whip:For some reason Dice likes to boast about being the first people to make a sullust map. Swbf renegade squadron had the first sullust map.

And there has been mod maps including Sullust before EA Battlefront too. Such as the 607th Legion mod pack for Star Wars Battlefront 2. They claim that their Battlefront game is how the others should have been.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 04, 2016, 08:12:57 AM
They claim that their Battlefront game is how the others should have been.

:sick:  :sick:  I've heard that before and honestly I have no idea why they would even contemplate that...
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Quote from: Ascertes on July 10, 2016, 11:27:04 AM
:sick:  :sick:  I've heard that before and honestly I have no idea why they would even contemplate that...

I know, it made me so annoyed when I saw that :rant:

July 10, 2016, 11:30:21 AM #13 Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 11:36:20 AM by Gistech
They don't say that any more. I wonder why.

Back on topic, I have ideas on how I can get this done for Rebel Base.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on July 10, 2016, 11:30:21 AM
They don't say that any more. I wonder why.

Back on topic, I have ideas on how I can get this done for Rebel Base.

:XD: I'd be willing to help test the maps and their balance if you need it at any point.