Started by Ser Scrumpie, October 04, 2016, 09:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 04, 2016, 09:11:53 PM Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 11:46:21 AM by gbf8vb8v97

October 04, 2016, 09:43:48 PM #1 Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 11:46:34 AM by gbf8vb8v97

Obviously it is not compatible. SWBFSpy is a masterserver patch, so u are not able to play in the GR rooms with it.
Many players are aware of this, at least the swbf2 EU community, and we all have the BFII.EXE file for GR and BFII-SWBFSPY.EXE for SWBFSpy.

The swbf2 US community is active on GR, not swbfspy, thats why we're trying to get them to play through SWBFSpy.
Idk when u play, but when im online I always see my clan mates playing fw, and while organising the following match, they play in public servers (or opentrains)
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

@Anyder That's basically what I told him. His issue is solved now I think going off our last conversation on Steam

Quote from: Anyder on October 05, 2016, 01:49:34 AMThe swbf2 US community is active on GR, not swbfspy, thats why we're trying to get them to play through SWBFSpy.
Idk when u play, but when im online I always see my clan mates playing fw, and while organising the following match, they play in public servers (or opentrains)

The most people I've seen on BFSPY is 4 people on the "Ragnarok" (I think it's called) server for the total timespan of about 30 minutes (at most), while Gameranger usually has at least 20 lobbies of 2-20 players on during the day. Hence why I want to play with it more. I've also never met a single one of my clan members via BFSPY without already joining the game with them. If you guys are trying to get people in North America to use BFSPY I don't think it's really working tbh. :/

Quote from: Jean on October 05, 2016, 02:37:36 AM
@Anyder That's basically what I told him. His issue is solved now I think going off our last conversation on Steam

^^This. I've already said it's a solved issue now (thankfully).

Quote from: Vithral on October 05, 2016, 03:23:57 PM
TIf you guys are trying to get people in North America to use BFSPY I don't think it's really working tbh. :/

People do what they want to do or do what is easiert, and that is fine.  We have worked hard to keep an option alive for SWBF2 players.  Most SWBF1 players exclusively use SPBFspy, and is what most of us here enjoy.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

GameRanger isn't easier to install over SWBFSpy. GameRanger just has more advertising, that's all

The goal is to get people off of GameRanger and onto SWBFSpy. Because SWBFSpy is relatively new compared to GameRanger and Tunngle, which were first to market multiplayer functionality after the master server shut down, it's significantly more difficult to get players to join. A lot, but not all, of the Euro players have moved to SWBFSpy, so the next challenge is to get some Americans to move as well.

To Led or Anyder: A good way to achieve this is to move the player base in a more forceful manner. Maybe you guys should collaberate with the large GameRanger servers (Unity, Swag, and me) to remove their servers entirely from GameRanger and onto SWBFSpy. Swag is an American server, and I'd prefer to be the only American server on SWBFSpy, but we need to do what's best for the community. Anyway, this will force the players to move to SWBFSpy. The only problem I see with this is other GameRanger servers emerging to satisfy the demand. On the other hand, not many people are willing to pay $30+ a month for a VDS. So, I don't know. Tell me what you guys think.

To provide a neat solution to the GameRanger/SWBFSpy comparability issue, reinstall the game or download the default EXE. Make sure it's named "BattlefrontII.exe." Then install the SWBFSpy patched EXE and leave it named "BattlefrontII - SWBFSpy." Then create a shortcut for it on your desktop. Now, if you would like to play GameRanger, simply do what you normally do, and if you would like to play SWBFSpy, open the SWBFSpy shortcut on your desktop.

Quote from: Auggie on October 06, 2016, 09:44:18 AM
The goal is to get people off of GameRanger and onto SWBFSpy. Because SWBFSpy is relatively new compared to GameRanger and Tunngle, which were first to market multiplayer functionality after the master server shut down, it's significantly more difficult to get players to join. A lot, but not all, of the Euro players have moved to SWBFSpy, so the next challenge is to get some Americans to move as well.
Mostly all the german community (german players) moved to SWBFSpy. My team TS3 is always having around 20-25 players at peak hours.
And in fact, I have, as the team manager, a daily log where I see the server status and the amount of funwars/interns hosted.
I do not know who, from the EU community, hasnt installed swbfspy TBH...

To Led or Anyder: A good way to achieve this is to move the player base in a more forceful manner. Maybe you guys should collaberate with the large GameRanger servers (Unity, Swag, and me) to remove their servers entirely from GameRanger and onto SWBFSpy. Swag is an American server, and I'd prefer to be the only American server on SWBFSpy, but we need to do what's best for the community. Anyway, this will force the players to move to SWBFSpy. The only problem I see with this is other GameRanger servers emerging to satisfy the demand. On the other hand, not many people are willing to pay $30+ a month for a VDS. So, I don't know. Tell me what you guys think.
I've already talked to one american server host whose servers are the most played in GR (according to what the players there claim).
There are more american servers in SWBFSpy besides from urs, for example SWBFGamers.com's server. However I'd really like to see more american hosts and also players in those servers.
We've discussed this already in the SWBFSpy Promotion Team board, and all we've tried was "useless" cause most players prefer to use GR (for some reason I can't understand).

To provide a neat solution to the GameRanger/SWBFSpy comparability issue, reinstall the game or download the default EXE. Make sure it's named "BattlefrontII.exe." Then install the SWBFSpy patched EXE and leave it named "BattlefrontII - SWBFSpy." Then create a shortcut for it on your desktop. Now, if you would like to play GameRanger, simply do what you normally do, and if you would like to play SWBFSpy, open the SWBFSpy shortcut on your desktop.
That's what we're all doing...
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Tunngle is dead as :censored: and there's already people on GameRanger advertising SWBFSpy