swbf-unmunge - v1.1.1

Started by SleepKiller, July 06, 2017, 10:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Newmodder on August 05, 2017, 12:35:49 PM
Any new interest in the voices? :)
The completionist in me does want to add support for sound files and I did look into this today to get an idea of how much work it would be. It certainly looks possible, but a nontrivial amount of work still. Maybe when I have a spare weekend at some point I'll sit down and work my way through the format. For now though I can't make time to do it sadly.

I have the same crash problem as Delta-1035 and the version you attached works fine

August 07, 2017, 01:10:22 PM #62 Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 03:12:19 PM by RepComm
Okay, I've started testing on a windows 7 desktop I have access to.

Here is the error while just running it like JTN and Delta have described.
[spoiler=Error Spit out]
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: swbf-unmunge.exe
  Application Version: 0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 5982dfca
  Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.23807
  Fault Module Timestamp: 5915fe14
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 0000000000001b54
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: d71f
  Additional Information 2: d71fd7e4b67198e93f06d817469bafc2
  Additional Information 3: 4170
  Additional Information 4: 417047293685f64cd2568faab0e1570d

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
[/spoiler]

I'm going to run this thing in visual studio (from source) and see where the code fails. I'll edit this post after the fact.

Edit- I'm installing VS 2017, but in the mean time I'm trying with 2010 express that is already installed. I get this error whilst trying to open the project : [spoiler=VS2010ExpressX64TargetError]C:\Users\Jonathan\Downloads\swbf-unmunge-master\swbf-unmunge.vcxproj : warning  : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'swbf-unmunge' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\Platforms\x64'.

C:\Users\Jonathan\Downloads\swbf-unmunge-master\swbf-unmunge.vcxproj : error  :  Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'swbf-unmunge' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\Platforms\x64'. The project cannot be loaded.
[/spoiler]

edit- Okay, I've got VS 2017 installed (finally..). Right now I've resolved a few errors regarding opening the project, but I cannot seem to get tbb include references to work. I cannot use any references to tbb, glm, or gsl yet. I suspect your build instructions on GitHub are what I really need to follow :P

I'll continue tomorrow.

August 07, 2017, 06:57:57 PM #63 Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:12:07 PM by SleepKiller
Quote from: JTN on August 07, 2017, 10:55:51 AM
I have the same crash problem as Delta-1035 and the version you attached works fine
Awesome thanks for testing it. I'll make that change for the master branch.

edit: It's done. I've posted a new release with the change in place.

Quote from: RepComm on August 07, 2017, 01:10:22 PM
Yeah the tool uses the C++17 features that have been implemented in VS 2017. I probably didn't make that clear in the readme.

As for the dependencies they are resolved using vcpkg's  integrate function. vcpkg is really simple to install and use, although any unknown piece of software is scary, if you can work through the instructions for using it and acquiring packages (the x64 versions) you should have no trouble building the tool.

Quote from: Newmodder on August 05, 2017, 12:35:49 PM
Any new interest in the voices? :)
Wow, I came for the same thing.
I'm gonna give this neat tool a try as soon as I can.  :P
Also, check out my total conversion for BF1: Ferocious Battlefront
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ferocious-battlefront

RELEASE INCOMING

every version don't work only 0.1.1 please help

Quote from: RC-1138 on August 08, 2017, 10:14:58 AM
every version don't work only 0.1.1 please help
Sorry but until you respond to my past two replies to you I can not offer any help.

First Reply - http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=12158.msg114810#msg114810
Second Reply - http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=12158.msg115014#msg115014

Sorryw with this 0.6.0 I have 0.1.1 and I think this work

Hey guys, I'm going to be taking a break from my keyboard for a while. As such I won't be able to update or provide support for this (or model-edit) anymore. (Well eventually I will be able to of course, but if I feel like it then is another matter.)

Anyway I hope the tool it's stable and has a good feature set. I feel as though it does but I had still hoped to get another release or two out fixing some final bugs and maybe adding support for sounds. Ah well such is life, someone else is welcome to "finish" it though! (It's open source after all.)

Special apologies to RC-1138 who I'm kind of leaving hanging here. I'm pretty sure I've fixed everyone else's bug reports/feature requests (excluding sounds and scripts) even if I didn't tell you about it.

V0.6.1 seems to work fine for me, thank you very much! Nice work you did with this tool!

Since i am noob with such things can someone tell me step by step what exactly i need to do in order to unmunge let say spa1.lvl from my Battlefront 2 folder?

Holly molly you are a god. Hopefully no one takes this tool down.

Indeed it is. Sleepkiller did good work with it :tu: I have yet to give the newest version of the tool a go, but I'm hoping to do so in the near future.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: Ginev on August 23, 2017, 11:15:03 PM
Since i am noob with such things can someone tell me step by step what exactly i need to do in order to unmunge let say spa1.lvl from my Battlefront 2 folder?
Maybe someone can do something of a step by step? At first I was against this tool, but if it means modders can revisit earlier work that assets got erased, maybe its not so bad. I know I would like to unmunge one of my earlier mods to get a weapon odf I made that I was never quite sure what I did with.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

I'm working on some formatted instructions (though, I'll probably use Ginev's question as an example at the bottom soon).
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=12452