Civilization V - Star Wars Mod

Started by TheGangstarTY, October 13, 2015, 12:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello guys!

Me and a friend have begun looking for programmers and designers who would willingly help us make this mod. Since this is Star Wars related after all, I decided to post it here.

"LOOKING FOR DESIGNERS!
You need to be able to use Civilization V SDK - Nexus to help out with the Star Wars Mod for Civilization.
PROGRAMMERS ALSO WELCOME
You'll need to know some XML and how to use Civilization V SDK - ModBuddy to help out!
CLICK HERE TO JOIN
Thanks and have a great day!"

Here's what I've posted on the Steam Civilization V Workshop Discussions:

"CURRENT TEAM (3):
- TheGangstarTY - Lead Dev/Research
- BurntOutAsh - Programmer (XML)
- dabeastlybeast - Programmer (XML)

Hello!
So I'm currently looking for people who have the correct skills to take this on. It will take quite some time, I presume, seeing how big this idea is. So I'll start off with the backstory of how I got this, then to what it'll roughly be like:

I thought this would be a great idea since Star Wars is having a new movie coming out by Disney in months to come, along with EAs reboot of the Star Wars Battlefront franchise coming in just over a months time, and the Beta already passing by. This would be a great fit for Civilization fans. Whether they're Star Wars fans too, or not, this would let them fit in without paying a penny.

So this is what it'll be like:
If you look at the Elder Scrolls Vanilla mod for Civilization V by kingchris20 (or the Elder Scrolls BNW + G&K Version), this is roughly what I want this to be like. Except Star Wars version.

So the changes that'll be made?
As for the changes, it would be good to have the Civilizations as Species/Factions.

So, what I mean is there's the Tuscan Raiders, and the Jawas. Then there's the Clones and the Droids. Then there's the Ewoks. Then the Empire, then Rebels etc...
They could also be matched to different conditions around the map. For example; the Ewoks live in Endor which is a world of forests. The Clones were made on Kamino. That's a stormy location with cities above the water. This could be place somewhere along the coast line. The Tuscan Raiders were born in Tatooine which is a hot map of deserts, so they would spawn in a dry, sandy location of deserts etc...

Research?
Me being a Star Wars fan all my life, I could provide with most information, however if it comes to it, I'll be willing to research.

If you're interested in taking this on, comment here. Or if you have any concerns, etc...

Quote from: BurntOutAsh;487870763311762139http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Civilization5StarWarsModding

And to anyone wanting to help this is our group page
Supporters of the mod are also welcome :)"

We are no longer JUST adding Civilizations, but that'll be the first step for the Programmers. The first step for the Designers is Units.

If you would like to join, comment below. You MUST have Steam and Civilization V SDK to help!
As of now, we are currently in the planning stage and we are looking for more people interested in taking it on.

Thanks and have a great day!
- TheGangstarTY
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123