E3- EA Teaser of a new Star Wars Battlefront

Started by Hardcore, June 10, 2013, 01:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

June 11, 2013, 12:32:59 AM #31 Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 02:27:57 AM by UNIT 33
the official site is up http://www.ea.com/star-wars-battlefront there isn't any more than shown in the teaser, but it's worth keeping an eye on.

Quote from: SleepKiller on June 10, 2013, 06:56:36 PM
Why, oh why does everyone see one teaser trailer and suddenly get all hyped. We (Well I did at least.) knew that there was no way EA would pass on SWBF. EA is a lot of things, but not knowing where the money is isn't one of them. Also they stated from day one that DICE was working on a star wars game.

Also for all we know the trailer is CGI. (I'm just saying, no gameplay was shown. A few artists could have that ready in a weak or so.) Did EA confirm that it is ingame footage?

I'll actually get excited once we actually have more details. Not because of a single teaser trailer.
The excitement is this. After 8 years. 8 YEARS! we will get a new Battlefront (forget those crappy PSP releases) A real Battlefront. That is the excitement. Once people see a gameplay clip there will be the more critical reactions.

Interesting, on the official site they mention SWBFI but there is no mention of SWBFII or any of the other games.

Quote from: EAIn 2004, the original Star Wars Battlefront came onto the scene and took gamers – and Star Wars fans – by surprise. It was an ambitious action shooter that gave players the opportunity to step into the shoes of their favorite Star Wars characters, pilot quintessential Star Wars vehicles, and relive classic Star Wars battles.

Fast forward nearly 10 years and gamers still have many of those same Star Wars gaming fantasies – but now they wish to experience those larger-than-life battles in magnificent high definition, with all of the amazing special effects, vehicle physics and gameplay intensity that the next-generation has to offer.

Star Wars Battlefront, developed by DICE on Frostbite 3, will surprise and delight fans yet again with a new experience inside this beloved universe made with our signature DICE craftsmanship and commitment to excellence.

The way the site is set up it looks like they will release more video's and images in the future.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 11, 2013, 07:25:44 AM
The excitement is this. After 8 years. 8 YEARS! we will get a new Battlefront (forget those crappy PSP releases)
Did you actually play any of those?  Because I thought they were at the very least competent.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on June 11, 2013, 07:42:23 AM
Did you actually play any of those?  Because I thought they were at the very least competent.
I think excitement like this is his version of doing drugs :P
Gets him as high as the sky.
Which is why I usually get bored, everyone over excites over this type of thing. Sure I thought the video was really cool, but it was just a video, and most likely doesn't represent any gameplay at all.

-It really reminds me of that spoof of EA video. "OH the horror!, but wait... IT'S SHINEY! =D"

We don't know anything more than we already knew but I'm still excited. I hope it's good and keeps some Battlefront 1 features. :)
I would think it will be out on PC even if it's after a slight delay but I'm guessing it will need a decent PC to play.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Sharker on June 10, 2013, 05:44:04 PM
fyi it's being developed by the people who made Medal of Honor Warfighter, NOT the devs that worked on Battlefield '42, 2 or 3.

Not sure why you believe this to be true, they specified that DICE was making the game. not Danger Close Entertainment; and DICE is who made 1942/1943/2/3/4 of the Battlefield Series.

QuoteStar Wars Battlefront, developed by DICE on Frostbite 3, will surprise and delight fans yet again with a new experience inside this beloved universe made with our signature DICE craftsmanship and commitment to excellence.

I'm just glad they decided to reboot instead of trying some type of "SWBF3" build...SWBF3 seems cursed.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Quote from: Hardcore on June 11, 2013, 11:23:34 AM
I'm just glad they decided to reboot instead of trying some type of "SWBF3" build...SWBF3 seems cursed.
Ea has been rebooting everything lately

June 11, 2013, 12:32:26 PM #38 Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:37:42 PM by Sharker
Quote from: Hardcore on June 11, 2013, 11:23:34 AM
Not sure why you believe this to be true, they specified that DICE was making the game. not Danger Close Entertainment; and DICE is who made 1942/1943/2/3/4 of the Battlefield Series.

Danger Close is now DICE LA, which EA says is in charge of Star Wars games from now on. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124027-DICE-LA-Open-For-Star-Wars-Business
Of course that doesn't mean it's gonna be bad, but it could still end up being not so great. Pretty sure the majority of the Battlefield DICE team is occupied with BF4 anyway so it's very unlikely that they are developing it.

That makes complete sense to have the studio in LA. They, after all, will work with LucasFilm very closely to make sure they get sounds and pretty much everything correct in the Star Wars universe. That's why LucasArts was great with Star Wars games because their studio was in the same building as LucasFilm. But LA is still closer than NY.

This is practically a copy-paste of what I wrote over at GameToast.

Dropping the "III" seems to be quite the wise decision given the curse it seems to have carried. They actually have an announcement out. As I've said before, I hope, nay, I PRAY, that DICE have done their homework. Battlefield and Battlefront are very similar in some aspects, yes, but Battlefront always had Single Player to back up Multiplayer, and it's had that in all four iterations so far (don't discount the PSP games). I'm not expecting handheld versions or anything like that - heck, that'd be a miracle. What I am expecting is a decent single player experience, with an Instant Action mode. Reinforcements would be a nice return too. I'm not too fussed about unit selection - a decent five or six units would be healthy enough, but I'd love to see heroes return. I concur about the seamless space-to-ground mechanic - it's not really something that I want from Battlefront, or if it is there, it needs to be integrated properly unlike it was in Elite Squadron, whereby it had almost no impact on the actual battle itself.

All in all, at the end of the day, I do think DICE has it in them to create a truly great Star Wars: Battlefront game, III or not.

Heck, this might actually be the push I need to get Star Wars Battlefront Expansion done.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

So this will be called "Star Wars: Battlefront"? How can they use the same name?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Hey all, me and Jedikiller (the old admin) made a SWBF Reddit a year ago, and now it can finally be put to use!  :cheer: :o

Come and join it if you like :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/swbf/

Quote from: Snake on June 11, 2013, 05:34:02 PM
So this will be called "Star Wars: Battlefront"? How can they use the same name?
LoL, Disney handed over the rights to them in gaming (if I've understood everything right), so they could call it whatever they wanted.  I don't think there's anything that says you can't call a game the same thing (just confuses people who wish to buy it.)
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Snake on June 11, 2013, 05:34:02 PM
If they have the rights to a franchise, OR nobody sues them, they can reboot it whenever they want. they did it with Simcity and another game too i belive.