A quick guide please

Started by {PLA}gdh92, January 09, 2013, 02:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on January 10, 2013, 10:29:45 PM
  I DISAGREE, HEROS ARE PURE AWESOMENESS

I should have been more specific when I typed that. I meant the Jedi and Sith heroes, every other class is effective, but they are also easy to kill with a land-mine, det-pack, rocket, etc. The Jedi and Sith heroes though are wayyy too overpowered on Conquest, since so many people use the Force, it's nearly impossible to take on a Jedi or Sith without at least another guy hepling. Since the Jedi and Sith have Force Push, Pull, Choke, and Lightning, it is super-hard to kill those guys unless you're the bait and someone else gets the kill. :P

January 11, 2013, 07:34:21 AM #16 Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:37:15 AM by Disciple
Quote from: Joseph on January 10, 2013, 08:20:54 AM
I think online play on 2 is worse than 1 by a long shot, but singleplayer is better on 2, especially with the mods.
True,i basically have SWBFII to play mods on singleplayer,there are some awesome mod maps for it.Oh,and to play in space maps :P
Check Moddb,Filefront,Gametoast sites for nice mods

Quote from: Disciple on January 11, 2013, 07:34:21 AM
True,i basically have SWBFII to play mods on singleplayer,there are some awesome mod maps for it.Oh,and to play in space maps :P
Check Moddb,Filefront,Gametoast sites for nice mods
Are there any space maps in swbf1?

Ya,there are some space mod maps but they are hard to find.Btw,i was talking about SWBF2 not SWBF1

Well I've tried it and the first I've realised is that the default for servers seems to be teamkill on....
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

(SWGO) Jedi Battle Arena, is the best server and (SWGO) NYC, is good

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on January 11, 2013, 11:45:03 AM
Well I've tried it and the first I've realised is that the default for servers seems to be teamkill on....
so uncivilized

January 11, 2013, 01:58:06 PM #22 Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:00:11 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on January 11, 2013, 11:45:03 AM
Perhaps I should've added that earlier, most servers will have TK on, apparently it is the "way of the pro" on SWBF2. :P

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on January 11, 2013, 01:58:06 PM
Perhaps I should've added that earlier, most servers will have TK on, apparently it is the "way of the pro" on SWBF2. :P
Probably because it is extremely easy to detpack someone or lay a mine on them when they are right next to you. With TK on it prevents that stuff.

January 11, 2013, 06:44:35 PM #24 Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:38:30 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 11, 2013, 05:48:08 PM
Probably because it is extremely easy to detpack someone or lay a mine on them when they are right next to you. With TK on it prevents that stuff.

Most likely. I know once I was on Polis Massa on a public server, and some dude was Darth Maul. I was engineer, so I planned to throw a detpack, but I accidentally ended up pressing the detonator too soon, so I blew myself up, without hitting him. :P

Now that I think of it, I think I did hit him, but only a little, and I think I took out a teammate in the process. :P

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on January 11, 2013, 06:44:35 PM
Most likely. I know once I was on Polis Massa on a public server, and some dude was Darth Maul. I was engineer, so I planned to throw a detpack, but I accidentally ended up pressing the detonator too soon, so I blew myself up, without hitting him. :P

Now that I think of it, I think I did hit him, but only a little, and I think I took out a teammate in the process. :P
Smooth :P It was used in TWA on battlefront 1 and people that played there were usually some or near the best in swbf. SO maybe its the same :)

I don't mind teamkill when I start to get used to it but half the chat on BF2 (which is is annoyingly in the same place as who killed who) is people apologising to each other. :) I just need to remember not every game can be as perfect as battlefront 1....
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on January 12, 2013, 09:25:31 AM
I don't mind teamkill when I start to get used to it but half the chat on BF2 (which is is annoyingly in the same place as who killed who) is people apologising to each other. :) I just need to remember not every game can be as perfect as battlefront 1....

Yeah, the team chat also seems to look like the same colour as the regular chat. I do hate though that the teamchat is mixed with the kill chat, so stupid. Truthfully, never really looked at the chat and saw it was mostly apologizing. :P

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on January 12, 2013, 10:50:29 AM
Yeah, the team chat also seems to look like the same color as the regular chat. I do hate though that the teamchat is mixed with the kill chat, so stupid. Truthfully, never really looked at the chat and saw it was mostly apologizing. :P
I believe you can change that if you mod the core.lvl (correct me if I'm wrong)

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on January 12, 2013, 10:56:38 AM
I believe you can change that if you mod the core.lvl (correct me if I'm wrong)

I don't have any skill of any modding, other than installing mods. If you do happen to have the ability to make an MP-compatible core.lvl mod for SWBF2, please upload it here, I would love for that to happen.