A quick guide please

Started by {PLA}gdh92, January 09, 2013, 02:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've done something very bad and ordered battlefront 2, I know that is treachery. :)
I've actually had it on PS2 for 6 or 7 years and don't like it as much as number 1 but it's still quite a good game so I thought I would try it online to see what it was like so, as I know a few people around here play it, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on good servers, mods, websites etc. Is glitching a problem or any mods like radar? Who around here plays? I know most things about the units and that gametoast is the main site but any other help would be appreciated so I can enjoy it straight away. :)
Oh, and I'm not leaving battlefront 1 completely. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

January 09, 2013, 02:40:41 PM #1 Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:45:09 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Alright, now to show what I know about SWBF2:

-Hero class is nooby, alot of people will be on the Mos Eisley maps with Assaut on, which means there's all heroes. It's a good skill though to have, don't get me wrong, it's fun being a Jedi or Sith, but in Conquest it is just wayyy too overpowered.

-To start off skill-wise, most are engineer, since the shotguns are more effective on SWBF2. I will say this though, knowing how to use the detpacks effectively is tricky. Sometimes I end up blowing myself up when throwing them.

-Rocket class has a super slow reload time, unless your good with using a pistol, I would not recommend being this class online.

-Sniper has no reticule unless you zoom, if you are good at sniping in SWBF1, YOU WILL HAVE A BAD TIME!

The special classes are many, and take points to unlock, the point system is usually 4 points for a good special class, 8 for a really good one. But it varies with faction, most are around 6-12 points to unlock.

Now if you already know that, then onto clans:

- (SWGO) [has website] (aka, Star Wars Gaming Order) is your server-monger clan on SWBF2, they host alot, and have alot of members. Most of them are pretty nooby, so watch out for unsuspected detpacks or suprise bothan spies.

- [E.A.] [has website] (Eternal Alliance) is a large clan too, though they mostly hang on their own duels server.

- {LR} [has website] (Lights Reflection) is also large, and mostly hang on their own dueling server.

- (JOG) [no known website] (I don't know what it stands for) is also a good sized clan, though I don't know them well.

- [$$$] [no known website] (Money Clan) is a new one, but they have alot of members.

Serverwise:

-SWGO will have alot of noobs on their servers.
-E.A. has strict rules for their automated admin, so you cannot play there unless there's more than yourself there.
-LR isn't too bad, their server is pretty good if you want to learn to battle with the hero classes.
-JOG and [$$$] I still don't know.

I'm mostly on the Hypernia BattleGrinder3 server, but sometimes I will also be on LR.

As far as hacks, no radar (from what I can tell), the only thing hack-wise is just players who will boot or literally hack you. Sometimes though the unofficial v1.3 patch is considered a hack.

Almost no glitchers, from my experience.

As far as mods go, I would list a dozen modmaps, but I'm getting short on time. The unofficial v1.3 mod or the fake console mod are pretty big though.

I remember Wicket now on 212 that was or is in IJO maybe you should ask him for more info

I play with UEF guys, tuW, ixp. , ECE, waYne, Enten, ...
And none of us think special units are nooby.
What we say is nooby is:
Open crossbow (with the wookiee) spam, killing urself by putting a mine to an enemy or throwing a pack, taking jedi's, ...
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on January 09, 2013, 02:11:37 PM
I've done something very bad and ordered battlefront 2, I know that is treachery. :)
i think he should be banned from swbf gamers
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on January 10, 2013, 07:36:09 AM
i think he should be banned from swbf gamers

Nah, he will try it and see why none of us play it :P
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I think online play on 2 is worse than 1 by a long shot, but singleplayer is better on 2, especially with the mods. Basically, once you have the hang of the shipped game, go to filefront and download the top 10-15 items, you'll be in for a treat.

Thanks all, especially goldman, we all now I'll come back to SWBF1. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I think that SWBFII is waaay more fun on the PS2 than the PC. I don't know why, but it just is more fun. Nothing compared to the fun of SWBFI though.

I agree with Kit.   Waaay more fun.  Dont know why.   I especially enjoy the international glitching server its official  ;).  But still doesn't top this game

I don't know why either...
Maybe the AI behavior is different.

I actually like SWBFI on the PS2 better than on the computer!

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 10, 2013, 08:27:19 PM
I actually like SWBFI on the PS2 better than on the computer!

I agree

Quote from: tirpider on January 10, 2013, 08:33:55 PM
I agree
Phew! I thought I was going to be the "odd one out." I can't put my finger on why I feel it's better though...
Help me out Tirpider!  :happy:

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on January 09, 2013, 02:40:41 PM
-Hero class is nooby, alot of people will be on the Mos Eisley maps with Assaut on, which means there's all heroes. It's a good skill though to have, don't get me wrong, it's fun being a Jedi or Sith, but in Conquest it is just wayyy too overpowered.
I DISAGREE, HEROS ARE PURE AWESOMENESS
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on January 09, 2013, 02:40:41 PM
-Sniper has no reticule unless you zoom, if you are good at sniping in SWBF1, YOU WILL HAVE A BAD TIME!
You got that right, what the heck were the creators thinking>?!
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on January 09, 2013, 02:40:41 PM- (SWGO) [has website] (aka, Star Wars Gaming Order) is your server-monger clan on SWBF2, they host alot, and have alot of members. Most of them are pretty nooby, so watch out for unsuspected detpacks or suprise bothan spies.
Just like PLA, (Don't kill me please, Led :P)
- (JOG)(I don't know what it stands for) is also a good sized clan, though I don't know them well.
these guys are horrible, and quite annoying, but can get you banned, so watch out.
As far as mods go, I would list a dozen modmaps, but I'm getting short on time. The unofficial v1.3 mod or the fake console mod are pretty big though.
Yeah, you'll love fake council it's awesome.

We should make a SWBFII SWBFGamers clan.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!