Gistech's Jyn Erso

Started by Giftheck, May 11, 2017, 03:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 11, 2017, 03:16:36 AM Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:40:10 AM by Gistech
And here's the unit to go with my A180. This is my version of Jyn Erso. The mesh itself was tricky to get right: the body is modified from the SWBF1 Rebel Marksman, but the face took ages and it's still not 100% accurate, but it's close enough that it at least looks human and has some minor resemblance to her (then again, all stock SWBF2 models have this problem, I think  :laugh:)

Screenshot:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Download

Credits:

-Pandemic Studios for the mod tools and Rebel Marksman model
-Sideshow Collectables for their Jyn Erso figure that I used for the face texture.
-Free Radical for the hair texture and the holster (from the X2 model)

You are free to modify and improve this model in any way you see fit. Actually, if anybody fixes the face that would be great.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Looks like she had one too many BOTOX treatments  :rofl:

Great work Gistech. Keep the conversions and new models coming!
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Hey Gistech,
Thanks for giving us Jyn Erso.  I tested Jyn in SWBF1 and it works fine and like her  ;)
The only little beauty mistake- I saw- is, that there is an artifact that sometimes appears in the near of her shoulder blade but maybe my odf file -which I copyied  and adjusted- is not the best for your msh. (I dont understand much about side-modding).
Great work and like Ascertes I hope there are coming more conversions from you
Triops

Which shoulder? Can you provide a screenshot?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

May 12, 2017, 11:17:21 AM #4 Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:22:07 AM by Triops
Hi Gistech,
Its her right shoulder. It looks like the texture is going out of the mesh. I made the screenshot much smaller to waste less space. If you want a better resolution I can upload it in better quality.

May 12, 2017, 11:22:14 AM #5 Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:39:23 AM by Gistech
It's difficult to make out from those images just where I need to look. Have you got a larger screenshot? Maybe post it to somewhere like imgur or photobucket.

EDIT: Never mind. Found the issue and fixed it: a point meant to be mapped to the right clavicle wound up mapped to the lower spine somehow.
In Progress:

On Hold:

May 12, 2017, 11:41:05 AM #6 Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:47:29 AM by Gistech
Found the issue, fixed it, uploaded the fixed version.
In Progress:

On Hold:

May 12, 2017, 11:46:39 AM #7 Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 01:57:48 AM by Triops
Thanks, I  tried it out and it works fine now. I like the face of your Jyn more than that of swbf/ea. :tu: Have a nice WE Triops

May 13, 2017, 11:05:33 AM #8 Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 11:20:46 AM by JTN
Quote from: Gistech on May 11, 2017, 03:16:36 AM
And here's the unit to go with my A180. This is my version of Jyn Erso. The mesh itself was tricky to get right: the body is modified from the SWBF1 Rebel Marksman, but the face took ages and it's still not 100% accurate, but it's close enough that it at least looks human and has some minor resemblance to her (then again, all stock SWBF2 models have this problem, I think  :laugh:)

Screenshot:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Download

Credits:

-Pandemic Studios for the mod tools and Rebel Marksman model
-Sideshow Collectables for their Jyn Erso figure that I used for the face texture.
-Free Radical for the hair texture and the holster (from the X2 model)

You are free to modify and improve this model in any way you see fit. Actually, if anybody fixes the face that would be great.

Hey Gistech ,you said that if we can improve the face,so i tryed it changing the face texture with a photo of Felicity Jones, what do you think?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5i8RkaXdKiLSlQ2R05ZZG40MEU/view?usp=sharing

I'd imagine that looks good in game! SWBFViewer has strange behaviours when it comes to model lighting.

The actual face mesh was made by overlaying it with the one from Force Arena and manipulating it accordingly so the mesh itself should fit right.
In Progress:

On Hold:

May 13, 2017, 01:21:25 PM #10 Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 01:23:20 PM by JTN
i can share you this face texture if you wan't. i can`t test it in game because when i munge it in the all side the game crash loading it

Yes please :)
In Progress:

On Hold:

I solved my munge problem,this is how looks your model with my skin in game

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5i8RkaXdKiLZFVqdzRxMkZKbU0/view?usp=sharing

Actually, that looks quite good!

Are you making a custom sides mod or something, or are you making a Scarif map?
In Progress:

On Hold:

the map is the one from gogie,i'm still learning about mapping, and about the side mod i allways wanted to replace the stock models with better ones,so yes, i'm recopiling good models to created a side mod like Battlefront evolved.

I putted your Jyn Erso in gogie's map because is the best Jyn model for the two battlefronts, do yo will release more Rogue One assets?