SWBF EA REBOOT - Who's buying it?

Started by TheGangstarTY, October 26, 2015, 10:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to buy the SWBF Reboot by EA?

Pre-ordering/already pre-ordered it
10 (38.5%)
Planning to buy it/Waiting for price to drop
8 (30.8%)
Waiting to here more about it
2 (7.7%)
I don't think so
3 (11.5%)
Never buying it
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: November 16, 2015, 09:57:52 AM

Quote from: Helios on November 10, 2015, 12:15:56 PM
Only a few more days!! Im excited for the campaign tbh.
Campaign? They don't have one sadly :( The closest to a campaign is Survival. I'm excited to see what the new Battle of Jakku looks like! I love the look of Sullust especially! Not sure why but that map actually looks really nice! And I'm not saying that the others don't either ;)
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Well, I went and grabbed myself a disk tonight, and I must say I quite like the game. Me and my brother played several rounds of survival already, and me being a noob on xBox (one) was able to get the hang of it quickly.

I really like the ice crystals on the walls of Hoth caves :P

I was able to just go and get the Deluxe edition tonight without preordering. Mainly because my town is small enough that a new game release doesn't really go huge and sell out like it did before I moved. So yeah, that's cool.

I haven't set up an origin/EA whatever account for multiplayer yet, but I doubt I will since I suspect I need xBox live anyways (which I am not paying for xD)

November 19, 2015, 03:38:51 AM #32 Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 03:43:13 AM by [FC]BoMbeR
I had the PS4 bundle pre-ordered and I got it yesterday. The game is pretty amazing in my opinion, I know it's nothing similar to the old Battlefronts but it's 2015 almost 2016, it's time to move on.
Wusi best ever Swbf2
http://i.imgur.com/2jizSKw.jpg

Wusi rq
http://i.imgur.com/KESelEN.jpg

Birdo best ever Swbf2

Long live -SR- greatest Swbf2 clan!

November 19, 2015, 01:51:02 PM #33 Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 01:53:01 PM by Commander Awesome
My deluxe edition Darth Vader PS4 bundle came in the mail yesterday.
I think the game's really awesome, though I'm a bit disappointed by the small amount of singleplayer content. Though overall I've found the game to be very fun and well polished.  :cheer:

I'm also loving the classic SW games the bundle comes with.

The maps are excellent. I love the speeder training mission through the forest. I haven't tried any online content yet cause i will prolly be destroyed and I'm trying to get all the stars in the training missions. It has 4 expansions for future content so I'm not too worried about the content right now with what they have.  Nothing like the old BFs but it is very fun to play.  I recommend it.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on November 19, 2015, 01:51:02 PM
I think the game's really awesome, though I'm a bit disappointed by the small amount of singleplayer content. Though overall I've found the game to be very fun and well polished.  :cheer:
I have to second this. I've played all the single player content already xD..

It took me a few days to get through the original battlefront set of single player levels, which I think is something this new one can't really hold a candle to.

I'm parroting the above. I wrote a mini-review on Facebook:

QuoteMini review of Star Wars Battlefront.

DICE have done a good job on recreating the Star Wars feel. It's a very competent shooter with some nice throwbacks to older Star Wars games. The biggest issue is the lack of content, especially the Single Player experience. The AI there is decent enough to get away with having more than just Training, Battles and Survival. The Multiplayer obviously has more modes and is quite fun (it's my first online shooter so I kind of suck compared to the other guys - or, let's put it this way, I was playing a stormtrooper for most of the matches, so that part is accurate lol) but again there is a lack of content. Some of the maps are largely the same as each other (Walker Assault and Supremacy share the same maps). Heroes are fun and on the PS4 starfighters are just as controllable as they were back in the original game. The token system is a nice idea for certain things but for others certain systems should be given in their stead. For instance, it doesn't really make sense to have a token that puts you into an AT-ST when it would be better if they had static AT-STs located at certain spawn points you could just hop in. People were ragging on the AT-ATs being AI controlled as well, but in all fairness that's probably for the best.

If you're looking for a continuation of the style from the first two games, I am afraid you'll be disappointed. It has quite a few callbacks, such as the ability to switch between first and third person (quite handily, you do not need to pause the game to do this now) and third person is handled really well.

All in all, Star Wars Battlefront is a competent shooter that is let down by the lack of content at launch. The Battle of Jakku will add two maps to the game and there will be four content packs you can get early if you got the seaosn pass. Setting those aside for the moment and judging the game at launch, I would give it a 7/10. It's a good start to a rebooted version of the franchise, but it clearly needed a bit more time in development.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

In the original, you can press Q to switch from 1st to 3rd person in game  :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I've played for two nights now and while there are a lot of positive aspects to the game, it isn't quite what I what hoping for.  The graphics and environmental detail are simply stunning, that much I liked.  But it's too reminiscent of the CounterStrike style of game - a bunch of highly skilled players running around pointlessly shooting each other, wrapped in Star Wars skins.  Aren't there enough games like this already?   How can a new player be competitive without an expensive gaming system, and the leisure time needed to accumulate credits for the best weapons? 

What this game is missing is the campy fun of SWBF1.  Where is the rancor?  Where are the pigs with axes?  Sadly, I haven't recognized even one name from the other SWBF1 and SWBF2 users.

True true...Also i hate when DICE talk about their game in a way like there was not Battlefront game before their game.  :rant:

Quote from: Ginev on November 20, 2015, 08:39:40 AM
True true...Also i hate when DICE talk about their game in a way like there was not Battlefront game before their game.  :rant:

They removed one of my comments on their facebook post about me asking them if the remember the old games.
Just comes to show that EA ARE the WORST games company to date. It's extremely annoying how they do that :rant:
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on November 20, 2015, 08:42:25 AM
They removed one of my comments on their facebook post about me asking them if the remember the old games.
Just comes to show that EA ARE the WORST games company to date. It's extremely annoying how they do that :rant:

Pile on the recent news of an EA rep bribing Reddit users to remove negative remarks about the game, you got the perfect reasons why I'm set on NOT buying the new Battlefront. If EA and DICE are trying to remove the negative criticism about their game, they just lost a few customers in my book.

Although I have plans to buy Need For Speed when it arrives on PC, at least Ghost is openly honest with their faults (such as outright saying the PC release won't be available until next year).

Quote from: Gold Man on November 20, 2015, 08:59:21 AM
Pile on the recent news of an EA rep bribing Reddit users to remove negative remarks about the game, you got the perfect reasons why I'm set on NOT buying the new Battlefront. If EA and DICE are trying to remove the negative criticism about their game, they just lost a few customers in my book.

Although I have plans to buy Need For Speed when it arrives on PC, at least Ghost is openly honest with their faults (such as outright saying the PC release won't be available until next year).

The new NFS looks so real! I love the look of it but racing games just aren't my thing unless they include destruction like Burnout.
I also 100% disagree with how they're bribing Reddit to stop posters from taking down HELPFUL comments that EA read as NEGATIVE rather than ADVICE. EA just remind me of the type who'd run away from a fight they've started.

Quote from: Led on November 20, 2015, 04:19:15 AM
In the original, you can press Q to switch from 1st to 3rd person in game  :cheers:

I was thinking of the PS2 version when I wrote that, the first version I had.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

November 20, 2015, 02:17:51 PM #44 Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 02:20:02 PM by Gold Man
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on November 20, 2015, 09:06:52 AM
The new NFS looks so real! I love the look of it but racing games just aren't my thing unless they include destruction like Burnout.
I also 100% disagree with how they're bribing Reddit to stop posters from taking down HELPFUL comments that EA read as NEGATIVE rather than ADVICE. EA just remind me of the type who'd run away from a fight they've started.
Well, there is some damage shown to your car if you tend to hit walls/other cars a lot (which I'm sure can be toggled as either real damage, or visual, or just turned off entirely). In any case, I grew up with NFS Underground 2 on my GameCube, so that's partly why I'm hyped for the new one. I've actually been playing it alot recently to suppress the urge to buy a console/subscription to play the new one. (Must... resist... until Spring 2016... :fist:)

On topic however, I doubt I'll even be buying this game a year from now. Maybe when the second one comes out and looks more proper, maybe then I might renew interest in the new Battlefronts. Until then though, not a chance. :P