My take on the DICE philosophy of SWBF

Started by Led, January 01, 2016, 10:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 01, 2016, 10:54:28 AM Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 03:03:37 PM by Led
OK, so we know that DICE claims that this was the SWBF that should have been made from the start.

I think I have discovered their philosophy for the game.  It is based on countering every complaint that anyone ever had about SWBF1 and SWBF2 from Pandemic.  In my opinion, the result is a disaster.  But anyway, here is my list:

The list is in this format:

people complained about: result

server admins: no rentable servers
pub stomping clans:  no clan support
radar:  make radar part of the game
spawn killers:  make spawns all over the place
classes for units:  no classes
team killers:  no tk
vote booting:  no vote boots
being able to change teams:  auto switch teams, no choice
players develop a favorite map (e.g. cloud city):  fixed map rotations, no choice
players that have too high of ping:  no ping display

I will add more as I get annoyed again :P

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on January 01, 2016, 10:54:28 AM
DICE claims that this was the SWBF that should have been made from the start.
So how'd you tie a noose?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

January 02, 2016, 02:53:26 PM #2 Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 02:57:03 PM by Phobos
Quote from: Led on January 01, 2016, 10:54:28 AM
OK, so we know that DICE claims that this was the SWBF that should have been made from the start.

I think I have discovered their philosophy for the game.  It is based on countering every complaint that anyone ever had about SWBF1 and SWBF2 from Pandemic.  In my opinion, the result is a disaster.  But anyway, here is my list:

The list is in this format:

people complained about: result

server admins: no rentable servers
pub stomping clans:  no clan support
radar:  make radar part of the game
spawn killers:  make spawns all over the place
classes for units:  no classes
team killers:  no tk
vote booting:  no vote boots
being able to change teams:  auto switch teams, no choice
players develop a favorite map (e.g. cloud city):  fixed map rotations, no choice
players that have too high of ping:  no ping display

I will add more as I get annoyed again :P
This combined with the lack of clone wars, space battles, instant action, modding etc. makes me glad I haven't spent any money on the game.

And I strongly disagree with Dice's claim about this being the way SWBF should have originally been made. Pandemic did a fine job IMO

After playing the game for 100+ hours, i must say, it's become quite bland, more maps, era's, classes, heroes and a story mode would have REALLY improved the game.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

The more I play the game, the more I actually enjoy it more then the originals. I only have a couple complaints about the game and if they were to fix them I'd even say that this game is better than SWBF1 & SWBF2.

Complaints:

1. No private lobbies

I don't really care about server browser and renting servers but at least compensate with private lobbies like halo...

2. More than 2 star card loadouts

This gets really annoying if you play Drop Zone, Cargo or even Droid Run since there's so many things you have to counter. (*cough* Personal Shield *Cough*) I think increasing the limit that you can have mid game to three would be a lot better.

3. Nerf the DL-44 hard

This gun is retarded. Nuff said.

There might be a couple more things that I didn't think of right now but the game might lack a couple things however I think it makes up for what it lacks in other aspects of the game.
Wusi best ever Swbf2
http://i.imgur.com/2jizSKw.jpg

Wusi rq
http://i.imgur.com/KESelEN.jpg

Birdo best ever Swbf2

Long live -SR- greatest Swbf2 clan!

I hope the DL-44 is either nerfed or down-graded. Me and my brother just got live yesterday, and multiplayer was fun, but I noticed a lot of heck from DL-44 and a few others that were way over powered.

January 03, 2016, 07:40:11 AM #6 Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 07:41:55 AM by [FC]BoMbeR
Quote from: -RepubliqueCmdr- on January 02, 2016, 07:36:10 PM
I hope the DL-44 is either nerfed or down-graded. Me and my brother just got live yesterday, and multiplayer was fun, but I noticed a lot of heck from DL-44 and a few others that were way over powered.

The thing that sucks is I don't see a way where they can nerf it and make it viable at the same time. I feel like the gun is at a stage where it's super over powered but if nerfed it will make the gun useless. Another issue is that the gun is so over powered it's actually impossible to see if there are other guns that are as overpowered. I feel like the SEC14 + Explosive shot is by far superior then any other gun excluding the DL-44. However it's over looked because of how powerful and easy to use the DL-44 is.

Wusi best ever Swbf2

Wusi rq

Birdo best ever Swbf2

The Dice version is definitely geared for game consoles, not PCs.  If I could get the servers, mod tools (only better and easier to use) and clan support of SWBF1 and the graphics, smoothness of Dice's game, I would be very happy!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

If there was one thing I could change in the Dice game, it would be that the Homing Shot would act like a boomerang, so that when a missile missed its intended target it would reverse course, tracking back and then hitting the shooter, setting him/her on fire resulting in a slow painful death.  I would pay extra for that.   ;)

Now the original SWBF1 had plenty of problems out of the gate.  When I started playing in January 2005 the game was rife with teamkillers and wallhackers, not to mention teamkilling wallhackers.  And the verbal abuse of female gamers was appalling.  Clans had to constantly monitor their servers to boot the ne'er do wells.  So the absence of those annoyances in the Dice game is welcomed by me.

But while I enjoy the new game, I don't have "fun" playing it like I did SWBF1.  Where are the easter eggs?  Where can I put mines on Jabba to make them look like man-teats?  Where is the Rancor?   Where are the pigs with axes?  The chat window in SWBF1 allowed a social aspect of the game that is missing in the Dice version and I miss the witticisms expressed there.  SWBF1 lasted for 10 years and I doubt the the Dice version will be around in 2025.

Quote from: DarthMuffinMix on January 05, 2016, 06:23:24 PM

Now the original SWBF1 had plenty of problems out of the gate.  When I started playing in January 2005 the game was rife with teamkillers and wallhackers, not to mention teamkilling wallhackers.  And the verbal abuse of female gamers was appalling.  Clans had to constantly monitor their servers to boot the ne'er do wells.  So the absence of those annoyances in the Dice game is welcomed by me.

I like your homing shot idea :P

I would claim though that there are hackers and vile players now, too, but with no one to police the servers.  There doesn't seem to be any word filter, but the chat is very small and hard to read, so there is that :)

And yes, the social aspect is greatly lacking.

Now the original SWBF1 had plenty of problems out of the gate.  When I started playing in January 2005 the game was rife with teamkillers and wallhackers,

I highly doubt there were wallhackers, especially in 2005.
Wusi best ever Swbf2

Wusi rq

Birdo best ever Swbf2

January 06, 2016, 02:51:35 PM #11 Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:53:27 PM by Phobos

But while I enjoy the new game, I don't have "fun" playing it like I did SWBF1.  Where are the easter eggs?  Where can I put mines on Jabba to make them look like man-teats?  Where is the Rancor?   Where are the pigs with axes?  The chat window in SWBF1 allowed a social aspect of the game that is missing in the Dice version and I miss the witticisms expressed there.  SWBF1 lasted for 10 years and I doubt the the Dice version will be around in 2025.
Just wanted to clarify that the official master server lasted almost 10 years. SWBF1 is still alive despite having a much smaller player base. I agree that it's unlikely DICE will keep their servers up that long. I imagine they will milk all the money they can from DLC expansions to include the missing features that should have been added in the first place, before moving on to the next game.

Server hosts could easily disable TK and add anti-glitch to maps, though most of them weren't familiar with mod tools. I think a lot of replay value is added by giving server hosts more (and easier) options for changing the gameplay.

Quote from: Phobos on January 06, 2016, 02:51:35 PM
Just wanted to clarify that the official master server lasted almost 10 years. SWBF1 is still alive despite having a much smaller player base. I agree that it's unlikely DICE will keep their servers up that long. I imagine they will milk all the money they can from DLC expansions to include the missing features that should have been added in the first place, before moving on to the next game.

Server hosts could easily disable TK and add anti-glitch to maps, though most of them weren't familiar with mod tools. I think a lot of replay value is added by giving server hosts more (and easier) options for changing the gameplay.

I agree completely.  The mod tools helped expand and extend the play time of the game, fixed it, and made it more enjoyable for everyone. 

Sadly, I think EA would not even want their game to last that long.

Now I have to go put mines on Jabba and see for myself   :ohmy: 

Of course they dont want their game to last that long.After all who is going to buy their next games?They proved that they are in this only for the money.Its still like a nightmare for me.I was expecting this game to amaze me so hard,but its the other way around. :D