Why is Star Wars Battlefront Reboot not as demanding?

Started by TheGangstarTY, November 24, 2015, 09:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 24, 2015, 09:04:50 AM Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 09:06:50 AM by TheGangstarTY
Hello!

I was wondering, why is the requirements to play Star Wars Battlefront Reboot so... low?
The game looks way more beautiful than games like Grand Theft Auto V and Cities: Skylines but it doesn't hit the performance nearly as much as on GTA V and Skylines.

I thought it could be the amount of AI, etc... but the amount of AI on Skylines and GTA V doesn't affect my performance. Maybe it's the scale of the map?
Either way, my GPU and CPU can only handle GTA V on High settings at 30 FPS whereas Star Wars Battlefront Reboot gains 180 - 200 FPS on Ultra Settings. Payday 2 has a bigger hit on it than that and Payday 2 has older looking graphics, only about 20 AI on the map at a time and the map scale is often tiny! What am I missing???

I'm just asking this out of curiosity but this seems extremely peculiar to me since it looks like it should be incredibly demanding in requirements. Anyone have ANY idea why? Because I'm all out :XD:

Thank you and have a great day!
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

I thought the requirements were quite high, there's a lot of people who don't have a 2gb graphics card and the recommended 4 is very expensive. My 4 year pc wouldn't have quite played it and that was the best pc on the market at the time.

Saying that I am impressed that if you meet the requirements it runs really well - I'm running it at around 90 fps with everything on ultra when I was only on 50-60 with the witcher 3 maxed out (admittedly the wither has a big drop if you turn on hairworks and have every hair animated).

I would think that the main difference with battlefront vs open world games like GTAV and the wither is that open world games have so many more variables, even if you can't see the whole map it still has to be animated in case you turn around and run in that direction. Battlefront looks amazing but it's still basically only 20-40 people and their shots to track.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

November 24, 2015, 11:52:43 AM #2 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:55:30 AM by -RepubliqueCmdr-
Look at things from an In-game perspective.
-GTA simulates an entire city during runtime. This includes a full out traffic system complete with streetlights and driver emotions.. Not to mention every one of the characters walking around on the side of the streets. Thats a crap ton of ai.

Also, the physics engine for GTA has a lot to handle as well. There are so many different vehicles with all kinds of different collisions, force simulation, and hit detection going on, I'm surprised it can do all the traffic stuff at all.

Now, what does this new battlefront let you do? Well, there is some vehicle simulation, not many at a time. A lot of the stuff happening in the sky is more than likely just bill-boarding or some cheap alternative to AI simulation and physics. There aren't many different vehicles in the game at all, let alone loaded up all at once in the round.

The ai are pretty well done, but I doubt the devs went as in depth as GTA's AI simulation.

I think putting high specs on something is like labeling it "high quality" without proof. Kind of like how movie publishers will try to make their movie rating M or R to gain interest in it, as if it's the kind of movie worth watching.

-Edit Wow my grammar today.

Slightly off topic but it still amazes me that GTA V was possible on the last generation, it makes you wonder what the games will look like in a few years when they optimise the current consoles.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)