Star Wars Battlefront EA Reboot: Reviews and Thoughts

Started by TheGangstarTY, November 19, 2015, 02:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you like about Star Wars Battlefront Reboot? (Allowed 8 Votes Each)

I loved everything, money well spent!
I liked the graphics and sound, but the rest needs improvement.
I liked the gameplay and immersity.
I liked the amount of content.
It was all 50/50 (OK but not good enough)
I disliked the amount of content, needs more...
I disliked the gameplay and immersity, doesn't feel like Star Wars/Gameplay is a bit off.
I disliked the graphics and/or sound, the rest was OK.
I hated most of it, far from my standards.
Why did I spend my money on this?
Quote from: Led on November 29, 2015, 12:51:58 PM
From what I hear there is an invincibility exploit.

I wouldn't know about that, but I do know that you can unlock unit enhancements in the Star Wars Battlefront Companion to use in the game, I believe there's some that increase your durability, your aiming among other things.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: Led on November 29, 2015, 12:51:58 PM
From what I hear there is an invincibility exploit.

There is, there's tons of videos.

Thoughts on the new Battle of Jakku?

Personally, I think it's OK.
A bit of a meh. I mean, this isn't really that good, even for a free DLC. Only features was 1 new map compatible with 1 new game mode. It's pretty poor. They clearly focused more on design than the backbone of their game. I hope the next DLC isn't as disappointing. And for that, there's pretty much nothing to review about it.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

I wouldn't know. Despite offering it up where I bought it from, I did not get the DLC with my preorder.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

December 02, 2015, 11:04:30 AM #34 Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 11:06:30 AM by Commander Awesome
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on December 02, 2015, 10:23:43 AM
Thoughts on the new Battle of Jakku?

Personally, I think it's OK.
A bit of a meh. I mean, this isn't really that good, even for a free DLC. Only features was 1 new map compatible with 1 new game mode. It's pretty poor. They clearly focused more on design than the backbone of their game. I hope the next DLC isn't as disappointing. And for that, there's pretty much nothing to review about it.
Two maps, actually, both of which can be played on multiple gamemodes.
Quote from: Gistech on December 02, 2015, 10:45:44 AM
Despite offering it up where I bought it from, I did not get the DLC with my preorder.
Talk to EA about it, they'll get you the code for it.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on December 02, 2015, 11:04:30 AM
Talk to EA about it, they'll get you the code for it.

I did talk to EA. This is what they said:

QuoteDistribution of early access codes varies depending on where you pre-ordered. Please check with your retailer for details.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I didn't get the code either.I got my game from Amazon.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on December 02, 2015, 02:25:13 PM
I didn't get the code either.I got my game from Amazon.

Well, I don't think you missing a lot.  There is a map, but I think it is only supported on a couple of game modes.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on December 02, 2015, 02:27:56 PM
Well, I don't think you missing a lot.  There is a map, but I think it is only supported on a couple of game modes.

There's two maps, and one of them has a new mode. They both have most of the stock modes (most of the played ones anyways)
In Progress:

On Hold:

It's out for everyone next week anyway I think?
To be honest I'm only on it now and then as it's the sort of game I play a couple of hours now and then not every day so I'm not to concerned since I didn't pay any extra to preorder.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I entered the code I had on my receipt on the day I brought the game home. When I tried to download the DLC it said I didn't have the preorder incentive. I got a new code from an EA guy and it worked.

I noticed that a lot of people who preordered the deluxe edition didn't realize they had two codes to enter with the game, others didn't realize they had a code printed on their reciept if they bought a physical copy of the game at a store. Then there were all the people who just didn't receive a code by email or on the receipt at all anyways.

I think it would be a lot more fun if I could just play it splitscreen with a friend for some laughs. Honestly though it just doesn't seem that in depth in terms of gameplay. I absolutely love the art and extreme details to the level design but it simply just doesn't serve any other purpose other than a space to blast things in.

My thing is that there's really nothing more beyond some simple mechanics. I still will play it but I just wish they spent as much time on interesting gameplay elements as they did the art pass. I mean I still think it's fun, but with auto-tracking, recharging hp and weapon charges it's just... so... casual. Basically it really doesn't reward a skilled player because the game doesn't reward/punish good or bad decisions in a fight.

EDIT: Also I bought PC so I can't splitscreen. Hence my other upset feels.

Part of me dreams about seeing a Jedi Knight game with this kind of detail (but with the traditional hardcore gameplay). One can dream right?  :P
photobucket limit image removed

Jakku is a desert map with a bunch of exciting stuff happening in the skybox. It's a real tease to see the huge low orbit capital ship battles, and not be able to join in.

The super star destroyer crashing into the horizon at the beginning of the round is pretty neat. The sound and visuals are pretty darn amazing, but it serves no ultimate purpose.
I did notice that sand gathers on your Stormtrooper armour during the round, so well done to DICE for their sand physics.

Sounds like there's another problem with EA not providing people with content they promised :confused:
And there's two maps? The only map I can find it Graveyard for Giants which I can only find in Walker Assault and the new Turning Point game modes.

I agree with Unit 33, the skybox is good. I found myself trying to watch the Star Destroyer crash rather than actually playing the objective since the map can get boring almost instantly. The sound and graphics are neat as always but the game still and looks like it always will lack in good gameplay. I played it for less than 2 days and I'm already finding myself playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 instead of the EA Reboot.
To add to this, EA need to backup their anti-cheat system. The amount of cheaters flooding on now is a HUGE turn off. Luckily the Xbox One and PS4 users wont have trouble with this but us on PC certainly will.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

I think the second map is for the blast mode type games.