SWBF2 Server Hosting

Started by Auggie, July 10, 2016, 06:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi. I would like to host a high bandwidth, low ping SWBF2 server, but my internet connection is definitely not fast enough to host one that wouldn't be laggy as hell.

So my questions are:

1. Are there any game hosting companies that would host a SWBF2 server through Game Ranger (which currently has the largest SWBF2 community)? If not, can I rent a dedicated server from a hosting company and host a Game Ranger server on it?

2. Are there any game hosting companies that would host a SWBF2 server through your SWBFSpy dedicated hosting software? I would much rather host a Game Ranger server because every time I check the SWBFSpy servers, they're always empty. But if no company will host SWBF2 through GR, SWBFSpy would be a Plan B.

3. I found a game hosting company called Branzone.com which lists "Star Wars: Battlefront 2" as one of the games they'll host. I was wondering how they actually host for it? Do they do it through Game Ranger? Do they do it through SWBFSpy? How do they host SWBF2 if the GameSpy servers shut down a while ago?  :blink:

NOTE: I know SWBFSpy is much better and more seamless experience that Game Ranger, but I never see anyone online. I would love to host a SWBFSpy server if people started playing it more.

Quote from: Auggie on July 10, 2016, 06:25:36 PM
Hi. I would like to host a high bandwidth, low ping SWBF2 server, but my internet connection is definitely not fast enough to host one that wouldn't be laggy as hell.

So my questions are:

1. Are there any game hosting companies that would host a SWBF2 server through Game Ranger (which currently has the largest SWBF2 community)? If not, can I rent a dedicated server from a hosting company and host a Game Ranger server on it?

2. Are there any game hosting companies that would host a SWBF2 server through your SWBFSpy dedicated hosting software? I would much rather host a Game Ranger server because every time I check the SWBFSpy servers, they're always empty. But if no company will host SWBF2 through GR, SWBFSpy would be a Plan B.

3. I found a game hosting company called Branzone.com which lists "Star Wars: Battlefront 2" as one of the games they'll host. I was wondering how they actually host for it? Do they do it through Game Ranger? Do they do it through SWBFSpy? How do they host SWBF2 if the GameSpy servers shut down a while ago?  :blink:

https://www.nfoservers.com/ is a very good option that works with both.

July 10, 2016, 07:22:38 PM #3 Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 07:24:49 PM by Led
I've never been able to get GR to work through a remote computer.
Tunngle, however will work through a remote computer, and of course SWBFspy will as well.

As Jean mentioned, NFOservers is a good option and is what SWBFgamers.com uses to host our servers.  If you go with this host, contact me and I can help you get it set up if you want.

Quote from: Auggie on July 10, 2016, 06:25:36 PM

So my questions are:

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Jean on July 10, 2016, 06:54:04 PM

https://www.nfoservers.com/ is a very good option that works with both.
I saw this hosting service mentioned on a post here earlier, but when I went to their website, Battlefront 2 was not listed under "select server type." Do I have to contact them directly and tell them that I want Battlefront 2 through GR/SWBFSpy?

By the way, I'm not in any hurry to buy the server. Maybe in the coming weeks. I just wanted to know if it was possible and how to achieve it.

Thanks!

The offer a remote computer service that you control and do what you want to with. You then setup the SWBF server software on it on your own.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Quote from: Led on July 10, 2016, 07:22:38 PM
I've never been able to get GR to work through a remote computer.
Tunngle, however will work through a remote computer, and of course SWBFspy will as well.

As Jean mentioned, NFOservers is a good option and is what SWBFgamers.com uses to host our servers.  If you go with this host, contact me and I can help you get it set up if you want.

I know someone whom has gotten it to work with GameRanger, not sure how though. They used a vps