No
13 (72.2%)
Yes
1 (5.6%)
Indifferent
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: November 22, 2013, 07:36:52 PM

Hey guys, figured I'd throw this up in the air here.

I've been looking at YouTube recently, along with another forum community I'm apart of, and it appears there's a lot of hate going about with Google+ and YouTube. Why you may ask? Because Google+ is now integrated with YouTube, along with several previously unavailable resources opened. These resources include:

-No more comment sorting through Most Recent, instead through Most Replies
-75,000 Character Limit
-Replies are linked to Google+ accounts
-Links finally work in comments

So my question is, do you guys even like YouTube still? And, do you even like Google+?

I'l hand you my opinion first:

I personally don't like it, yet don't care. It's nice to read the most recent comments, and whatnot, but with the expansion they've done (specifically character limit and links), they're just setting it up for spambots. This also includes comments with ASCII art, which is more of an eyesore these days if it's spammed every 2 comments. I also don't care for it, because I never use Google+ to begin with, and will never use it anyways. And, if I don't want to read the comments, I don't have to.

So, what's your thoughts on it?

November 15, 2013, 04:51:43 PM #1 Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:56:41 PM by Carbon27
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on November 15, 2013, 04:44:55 PM
-75,000 Character Limit

First off, May I ask, WHO THE HECK uses that many characters on youtube?!?!?!?

I'm fine with Youtube, and I generally don't read the comments. I just don't like how the view who they replied to button is missing.

Again, WHO THE HECK uses that many characters on youtube?!?!?!?

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Love Youtube, Screw Google+ (Pretty sure this is over 75,000 characters)
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

November 15, 2013, 04:57:16 PM #3 Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:58:49 PM by tirpider
Don't like it.

I don't mind making comments online, but I do mind when someone forces me to use a service I don't want then hijacks my online commentary to pad their usage numbers.

If the G+ stuff were optional, or they bothered to ask before just doing it, then I might have a different opinion, but that ship has sailed. I view google as repugnant, and use You Tube less because of it.

November 15, 2013, 05:01:33 PM #4 Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:06:06 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Carbon27 on November 15, 2013, 04:51:43 PM
First off, May I ask, WHO THE HECK uses that many characters on youtube?!?!?!?

I'm fine with Youtube, and I generally don't read the comments. I just don't like how the view who they replied to button is missing.

Again, WHO THE HECK uses that many characters on youtube?!?!?!?

You would be surprised. Someone from that other forum community actually posted a screenshot where someone posted a piece of the Star Wars: Episode IV script on their comment. Followed everything from the opening crawl to the Jundland Wastes.

Quote from: tirpider on November 15, 2013, 04:57:16 PM
Don't like it.

I don't mind making comments online, but I do mind when someone forces me to use a service I don't want then hijacks my online commentary to pad their usage numbers.

If the G+ stuff were optional, or they bothered to ask before just doing it, then I might have a different opinion, but that ship has sailed. I view google as repugnant, and use You Tube less because of it.

Fully agreed. If it were optional I might like YouTube a bit more. But since Google has forced it down the users throat, it's caused an entire uproar. There's even bands of popular YouTubers like TotalBiscuit and OfficialNerdCubed that are disabling comments on their videos because of this. I sure hope Google removes what they've added fast, otherwise less and less people will use YouTube. This has also caused to stop using YouTube so much as well.

I hate it. At first I couldn't upload a video without an account, now I can't even say good job and thank you for the mp3 to an artist I support.

I'm waiting for them to make google+ a requirement to like and favorite videos. We all know it's going to happen.

To quote myself on a different forum....

Google, go  :censored: :censored: and burn in a fire.

Seeing as it took 2 weeks for them to update my youtube profile picture, and one week to update my screen name..

I never liked Google in the first place (updating every 2 seconds, just as bad as microsoft..), youtube was kind of pushing it with all the limitations.. So no :P

no for what

:td: do not like. respectfully, it sucks. it use to be so simple, I use to check my comments in one place and now if i want to do almost anything regarding my channel i need that thing they call google plus. So far, ive refused to use it. They need to get their act together! Why should I be forced to use something I do not want to use, just so they can try and get people to use something that will never get the popularity it wants like facebook.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

I don't like Google+ and I don't think Google realizes that forcing people to use a social network only makes them hate it. This could be the beginning of the decline of YouTube. I really don't like it.

There are certain lines i have, and they can get blurred sometimes. But google has definatly.crossed. it. JOIN BOBS ARMY!

I find it hilarious that people have been spamming the entirety of 'The Great Gatsby' in the comment section to prove the ridiculousness of the word allowance.

I don't use YouTube a huge amount but it is annoying the way google seems to 'follow' me and keep recommending things just because I forgot to log out of gmail. I don't like the targeted adverts they've introduced either, where the only way to find an option to turn them off is by getting a google+ account....

To be honest I hadn't realised there had been a change to YouTube but it makes sense  why the comments seemed to be broken for me recently. Like with a lot of things the update makes it worse. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

google basically killed youtube and it just gets worse with each 'update' its not as useful of a site now as it used to be imo

Yea I still miss the old updates but at least I don't have Google+ to screw Youtube over anymore