Username Origins?

Started by Gold Man, November 08, 2013, 10:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, figured I'd throw this one out there for conversation. Anyways, it's pretty simple, just post the origin of your username, like how you came up with it and the reason for your name. I'll start:

My username GoldMan27 started out as a spinoff of Sam Witwicky's eBay username in Transformers, which was LadiesMan217. Since I liked gold a lot back then, I decided to replace "Ladies" with "Gold", and 217 with 27. I put it on my dad's old flip phone, and the name's stuck ever since. Everything from GM 027 to CT-0027 has been a reference to my username since then. :)

November 08, 2013, 10:25:13 PM #1 Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:27:37 PM by -RepublicCommando-
I was actually thinking about starting the same topic not two days ago.
--
As a few may know, I've had many (3-4) aliases.. The reason being is because I never picked one I liked till now.
My aliases included: David (one of three on swbf), which is my middle name. Then Cru§ader (or Cru§adianKnight45/Cruise), which I still like.. They came from watching/reading too many documentary's of the English crusades. Then -The Director-, which was just a joke between me and a friend I met on SWBF (it was rather immature), and now -RC-/RepComm/-RepublicCommando.

I chose this name because I very much liked the books and the video game (more the video game than anything else, though), and I kept the hyphen tags because I think it added some bling-bling (did I just say that?).

The reason I never stuck with just "David," was because I was 12 and quite immature, and didn't have the nicest of reputations.. as well as the fact that David is a bland screen name..

As for why I use so much punctuation(which is granted "off topic,") I do not know.

Lol....
Mine was ANYDER21 ---> anyder means ANgels Y DEmons R(my name starting letter) and the 21 comes from Cyborg 21 ---> in Dragon Ball Z, the android Cell is the cyborg 21... And as i love Cell, i decided to add the 21 to my name
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Like RC I have had numerous usernames.

THE DUDE - This was my first online name when I played JK2.
UNIT 33 - I thought I was being funny by using a bot name.
Fabled Harpooner - A reference to Monster Hunter
Sutin - Because I'm like crazy or sutin'
Regent - A locacl Pub
Dr Griffin - Character from "The Invisible Man"

I went to register with Gamespy and my name, Glyn, was already taken. I tried adding my birth year but Glyn92 was also taken so I tried gdh92 which is my initials and it worked. Basically my name was just a coincidence that I needed a name to play with and lacked imagination. :)
Also I think I'm one of few people who never changes their name. I've added PLA to it but apart from YAK I've never been in another clan or changed name.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I may point out Kit already made a topic like this, but that was long ago...

I, as you all know, am a bigger racing fan than a fan of shooters. Therefore my profile name would be car influenced. Carbon fiber is a material used on street racer and show cars. Some times on exotic cars like Ferrari and Pagoni, but they usually use more expensive stuff. I chose carbon because it's just, well, cool. 8) The number 27 comes from my main racing number, sometimes 027 instead. I chose that to be my main racing number because it's my favorite number.

I didn't have any other names to go by as Josh, and I was getting sick of all the confusion. Just too many Joshs to compete with.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I kind of figured your name was racing-based, Josh. Besides, I too play racing games the odd time 'round. ;) Kind of coincidental that both our usernames have 27 or 027 too, heh.

Also RC, I always knew you were David/Crusader. You could say it's good to have friends in high places. ;)

Anyways, may as well tell you my other aliases:

THIS GUY - My first ever alternate profile. As a little joke I went by this name, Shazam and I later pulled a joke with him joining the server as THAT GUY, though it was pretty fun too. :) Also one of three other alternate profiles I've used most.
GM 027 - A reference to my original username, and why so many people call me "GM". :P
A Freelancer - Just some alternate profile, and one of my most used.
A News Reporter -  Another alternate profile (with a bit more fun to it)
A Renegade - Another alternate profile
A Rogue Soldier - Another alternate profile, and probably the one I've used most, next to A Freelancer and THIS GUY. When I started using this nobody knew it was me, (except for Shazam or Dark later on), since I rarely chatted much in the servers, and used this for when I wanted alone time/to go solo.
{TGM}CoLdr.ONYX - Not used at all really, but was just another alt. Forgot why I used it actually.
-Nova- - Another alternate profile
(EZ)CoLdr.Delta - Another alternate profile (used for when me, Shazam, Jennifer, and Dark all made (EZ).)
[ERT]^Neon^ - Another alternate profile (used for when we made [ERT].)

I'l be shocked if anyone even has seen the last few names on that list before in-game. Mostly because they were so rarely used. And yes, you can see I've used plenty of alternate profiles. :P

November 09, 2013, 07:19:12 AM #7 Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:22:18 AM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
well back when I had strated to play BF1 I had to think of something, back then I was a giant MW3 maniac so I thought what if I had a tag that was another game title in BF1... ands thats how I came up with my name...

OTHER PROFILES:

Well for one I pretended to be a couple people for jokes

Spencer: a fake profile for Slayers fake baby ( for people who knew about
the fake baby laugh uncontrollably) NOTE: not my real name that's just what they named the fake baby

MY B :censored: ER: A joke for the chat bot to say: someone killed MY B :censored: ER  :rofl:
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Back in the dark ages of 1.44 dial up speeds, I signed up for an ISP over the phone. He misspelled my username and password, but I liked the rhythm of the word and kept it. 

The only anime I've watched is Ghost in the Shell.

Ghost is the Shell is easily my favorite series of pretty much any entertainment medium. Whether it be a video game, a movie, a play, anything. Ghost in the Shell is above them all.

Aeria Gloris was part of the opening theme of the first season of the TV series.

The name stuck in my head. That was going to be my username. It still is to this day... just shortened to aeria.

#TYBG

November 09, 2013, 02:46:32 PM #10 Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 02:49:41 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
Quote from: tirpider on November 09, 2013, 02:26:49 PM
Back in the dark ages of 1.44 dial up speeds
Ahhhhhhh we sure have come a long way from 1.44 dial-up to 32mb internet speeds in premium cable packages
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

??? http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5997.0 ???

Here's a quote from the original topic about my username...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 24, 2013, 05:31:02 PM
Hey guys! I thought it would be fun to tell the story or just the reason we chose the profile name we did!

I chose Kit Fisto because a long long time ago I would go over to my friends house and play Lego Star Wars with him. And as a character I would always choose Kit Fisto because he was smiling! [spoiler][/spoiler]And for some reason him smiling made me choose him everytime! Later on I realized that he smiles in the movie as well! I eventually just came to like him more and more! And now I choose that as my name for any online ordeals.  :cheers:

What's yours?

Quote from: Carbon27 on November 09, 2013, 05:26:14 AM
I may point out Kit already made a topic like this, but that was long ago...

GM I think I have played with you. I always thought I didn't. But I do think I remember some of your other names in a battle or two.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on November 08, 2013, 10:25:13 PM
The reason I never stuck with just "David," was because I was 12 and quite immature, and didn't have the nicest of reputations.. as well as the fact that David is a bland screen name..

Actually that's hard to believe. Your more mature then some of the older members. Of course, that isn't always saying much...

Actually I had at least 30 profiles but those where all jokes and most where never even used.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I love these kind of topics.

My name is this because my first online game was swbf2 for the ps2, I was so anxious to play I didn't take the time to make a creative name. And therefor I just stuck with it. This was like in 2009 or late 2008. the B is my last name's initial. I don't like my last name so I cut it short. Also bf2 for the ps2 limit is 10 spaces.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.