Anyone still watch cartoons nowadays?

Started by Gold Man, October 03, 2013, 08:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, since I'm at school bored as heck (just now got out early for finishing a test), I figured I would throw this out there: Who still watches cartoons? If you know me well, you know that I have a deep passion for cartoons (not anime people, but cartoons), and I just wondered if anyone else still watches the current/old cartoons. For instance, I'm a current follower of Total Drama All-Stars, Regular Show, and Beware The Batman. I even watch older cartoons from the 2000s/late 90's, like 6teen or Batman Beyond.

But yeah, just wondered if any of yas watched/still watch cartoons, and figured I'd try and spark a more, enlightening coversation. :P

No, I do not. I haven't watched a cartoon since I was, like 11. (14 now) Even then I didn't watch them often. I sorta grew up quick. (Well with what I watched...)

When I did watch cartoons I would watch the real old ones, tweety bird and sylvester kinda stuff.

My sister (20) still watches Phineas & Pherb and other stuff when she is home from college though. Sort of a pain for me because she will watch cartoons all day, leaving me with nothing to watch except her choices.

I generally watch shows like The Middle, Last Man Standing, and Duck Dynasty.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Hah, Duck Dynasty really threw me off the first time I saw it.
--
I don't watch that much streamed TV, let alone Cartoons. Link me to Netflix on the other hand, and you won't see me for the rest of the day :P

I think the last time I watched a cartoon was a few months ago on the Teletoon Retro channel, I think the old cartoons are still occasionally amusing. If you have cable or satellite TV you should check it out sometime.

<insert witty signature here>

Quote from: RC-1498 on October 03, 2013, 09:56:55 AM
I think the last time I watched a cartoon was a few months ago on the Teletoon Retro channel, I think the old cartoons are still occasionally amusing. If you have cable or satellite TV you should check it out sometime.

Actually, I recently got Teletoon, though if it's a programming block off Teletoon, I might try to watch it sometime.  Thanks for the advice. :)

I used to watch the PBS cartoons and spongebob until we got rid of TV(when I was like 6). Now I watch Family Guy, Simpsons and Futurama! The Simpsons kind of suck now.

Well, I still like to watch cartoons. Some of them could be realy fun even for my age :P. Perhaps the most interesting for me: Futurama, Dragon Hunters, Courage The Cowardly Dog.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on October 03, 2013, 08:34:47 AM
For instance, I'm a current follower of Total Drama All-Stars,

Haha, Total Drama series is great! This reminds me, I haven't seen the last few episodes of World Tour or the second half of the Revenge of the Island season yet...

I would highly recommend watching Gravity Falls, there's not enough words to describe how great it is  :P

I also thought the Thundercats reboot was pretty awesome (the 2011 series). Sadly, it got cancelled 26 episodes in (and only because the creators couldn't get it renewed for another season...) but I think it's still worth watching. I'd recommend the original series too.

Oh, have you watched Avatar: The Last Airbender? That's awesome too, along with the Legend of Korra sequel series.

As for somewhat older cartoons, alot of the more obvious ones come to mind (Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter's Lab, Codename Kids Next Door, Ed Edd n Eddy etc. etc.) Oh, and I used to really like Code Lyoko too.

October 03, 2013, 05:34:08 PM #9 Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 05:23:47 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Superclone43 on October 03, 2013, 03:46:19 PM
Haha, Total Drama series is great! This reminds me, I haven't seen the last few episodes of World Tour or the second half of the Revenge of the Island season yet...

I would highly recommend watching Gravity Falls, there's not enough words to describe how great it is  :P

I also thought the Thundercats reboot was pretty awesome (the 2011 series). Sadly, it got cancelled 26 episodes in (and only because the creators couldn't get it renewed for another season...) but I think it's still worth watching. I'd recommend the original series too.

Oh, have you watched Avatar: The Last Airbender? That's awesome too, along with the Legend of Korra sequel series.

As for somewhat older cartoons, alot of the more obvious ones come to mind (Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter's Lab, Codename Kids Next Door, Ed Edd n Eddy etc. etc.) Oh, and I used to really like Code Lyoko too.

Let me break down that stuff there:

I recently fell in love with Total Drama (after hearing so much about it, decided to watch it), and burned through the first 4 seasons within a week! Just in time to catch the first episode of All Stars too. :D Also, if you plan to watch All Stars, I'd advise finishing up World Tour and watching Revenge of The Island first before watching it, you would be clueless in the first episode of it. (However, I'd hurry, 5th episode airs next week!)

I've heard of Gravity Falls here and there, I've yet to really look into it however.

I've briefly heard of the Thundercats series (both original and 2011 reboot), haven't really looked at it though, I might look into it as well.

I've watched episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender (which is a good series I'l admit). I've gotten interested into Legend of Korra, and am currently following Book 2: Spirits. :)

I've heard of Courage the Cowardly Dog, heard lots of Dexter's Lab (used to catch the re-runs when it was on YTV back in '06), I've seen Codname Kids Next Door (was a really good series), have heard of Ed, Edd, n' Eddy, however haven't seen it at all.

As for Code Lyoko, LOVE IT! :D I've been following the reboot series, Code Lyoko: Evolution (which unfortunately only airs in French, unless you catch the sucky dubbed version off of Kabillion).

EDIT: I've watched a few episodes of the ThunderCats 2011 reboot series, and I actually kind of like it. I recognized the voice actor for Lion-O is also the voice actor that did Terry McGinnis/Batman from Batman Beyond! I even recognize a few other famous voices, like Dee Bradley Baker's voice talent. :)

Childhood (and sometimes now) = Looney Toons and Tom and Jerry

Now = Seth Macfarlane's cartoon shows (Family Guy etc.), Simpsons

FOREVER = Lucasfilm Animation shows. :happy:

Nothing beats Looney Toons. If you don't know what that is then you either a) had no childhood, b) are too young to know in which case have fun watching unoriginal boring cartoons.  ;)

I don't watch that much TV anymore, it's all internet for me. After not watching TV for a while you realize there is really nothing on.  :shrug:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 03, 2013, 07:46:54 PM
Childhood (and sometimes now) = Looney Toons and Tom and Jerry

Now = Seth Macfarlane's cartoon shows (Family Guy etc.), Simpsons

FOREVER = Lucasfilm Animation shows. :happy:

Nothing beats Looney Toons. If you don't know what that is then you either a) had no childhood, b) are too young to know in which case have fun watching unoriginal boring cartoons.  ;)

I don't watch that much TV anymore, it's all internet for me. After not watching TV for a while you realize there is really nothing on.  :shrug:

I'm pretty disappointed by what CN has become.

October 03, 2013, 08:34:26 PM #12 Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 08:35:59 PM by BlackScorpion
ITT: DAE 90s kid lol omgwtfbbq

Anyways, very animated programs can contend with DBZ.  Maybe Samurai Jack or Archer. 

Grew up on Looney Toons and Tom and Jerry as well.
I always liked them much more than the Hanna Barbarra type stuff.
Still dig them but I don't watch TV anymore so I never see them.

When I was a kid, I was into the Transformers series, but as I grew, it failed to keep my affections. It and Gi-Joe were just too heavy handed with their messages of behavioral hygiene (not as bad as Captain Planet though). The newer stuff (well, new to me) like the Ben-10's and all the others that look exactly the same, have the same problem. It's probably a generational thing though. I'm not in their demographic so of course I wouldn't be receptive.

Family Guy is fun, but you only need to see 2 or 3 episodes and you have the whole thing down.

Avatar and Korra are good. My wife likes them more than me.

I guess I have to say I am not much of a cartoon watcher anymore.  Metalocolypse and Squidbillies are entertaining to me. I'll drop everything for an episode of Venture Brothers. But I wouldn't really call them cartoons... more like a sitcom that's animated.  (I can't think of a sitcom that wasn't animated that I've been interested in since The Young Ones.)

Quote from: tirpider on October 03, 2013, 10:04:02 PM
Grew up on Looney Toons and Tom and Jerry as well.
I always liked them much more than the Hanna Barbarra type stuff.
Still dig them but I don't watch TV anymore so I never see them.
:sick:
I've never seen anything from Hanna Barbarra that I liked.