Predictions?

Started by Carbon27, June 19, 2013, 07:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think the new Star Wars Battlefront will be like?

Total Rubbish
2 (5.7%)
Bad
0 (0%)
Not great
3 (8.6%)
Ok
5 (14.3%)
Good
10 (28.6%)
Great
12 (34.3%)
AMAZING!
3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: June 19, 2014, 07:50:04 PM

Quote from: DarthNILIUS0517 on July 08, 2013, 05:07:30 PM
If anything, no killstreaks please ... * remembers tactical nuke killstreak from MW2 * 
Yes, the Death Star as a kill streak reward might be a bit OP.

Yeah, Orbital Bombardment from ships above I could see being a killstreak, but the Death Star is a bit overkill.

If DICE is going to add killstreaks to this game, here's what I'd like to see:

5 kills: Radar (temporary)
10 kills: Extra Endurance (temporary)
15 kills: Damage Reduction
20 kills: Damage Increase
25 kills: Extra Reinforcement
30 kills: Orbital Bombardment

I know the endurance and damage killstreaks are similar if not exactly from SWBFII, though I think those would deserve to be in it. As for the extra reinforcement, I think that could be used a tad effectively, much like how SWBF did it with the troops in Galactic Conquest (which I've personally played little of).

I could think of other killstreaks, however those would be only usable if EASWBF will have ground-to-space combat.

Killstreaks weren't in the first 2 games. Why should it be in the new one? I thought we didn't want a COD/BF game with a Star Wars skin. :slap:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 09, 2013, 08:09:46 AM
Killstreaks weren't in the first 2 games. Why should it be in the new one? I thought we didn't want a COD/BF game with a Star Wars skin. :slap:

I still consider the awards a type of killstreak, since you would lose them after you died. Besides, I've never played COD (except for once time at my friends), and I wouldn't mind a little experimenting. As much as I like SWBF and SWBFII as is, I'd be curious to see what DICE might mix into the game, hopefully it's something realistic and balances out as possible inside Star Wars fiction. I'd like to have an Orbital Bombardment award anyday, but I don't want to see anything like a gun that fires a machine gun stream of rockets. (Though it could be achieved through extensive, and account suspended modding.)

I guess that could also change the gaming styles people use. At the moment there is a big range in styles - up close to distance. Some people are very effective at what they do but killstreaks may alter the players that play more offensively to protect the kills which they are amounting to.

Quote from: {212} Nixo on July 23, 2013, 06:45:26 AM
I guess that could also change the gaming styles people use. At the moment there is a big range in styles - up close to distance. Some people are very effective at what they do but killstreaks may alter the players that play more offensively to protect the kills which they are amounting to.

So, you're saying that people will play more defensively, right?

What I would like to see, is not kill streaks, but accolades like Halo e.g. double kill, triple kill, killing spree, running riot, sharpshooter (10 hs in one life with sniper) etc.

I wouldn't be surprised with the inclusion of this system.

Quote from: BlackScorpion on July 27, 2013, 11:39:24 PM
So, you're saying that people will play more defensively, right?
Maybe not very defensively but they will take a lot more caution, in some cases slowing the pace of the game. But this is sometimes a positive.

Quote from: {212} Nixo on August 05, 2013, 07:42:08 AM
Maybe not very defensively but they will take a lot more caution, in some cases slowing the pace of the game. But this is sometimes a positive.
SWBFII is a very fast paced game online due to the sprint and "bullet" speeds. (along with the point system for both online and offline play and when you earn a hero it makes you stop in the middle of a battle and start over. But hurry! If you don't get enough kills you will lose the hero!)

All that makes SWBFII a very fast paced game both in single and multiplayer.

SWBFI is slower paced since there is no sprint, no point system and the "bullet" speeds are slowed down. There is no way to "change classes" or earn heroes. I think the pace between the two games makes a huge difference.

August 07, 2013, 11:21:55 PM #39 Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:25:24 PM by DarthNILIUS0517
This may be a bit off topic but with DICE at the helm of this game do you guys think there will be a rush like game mode added alongside the classic command post conquest and CTF game modes?
[spoiler]Personally i think that could be quite fun , instead of mcom stations it could be supply drops or something, imagine playing this supply grab game mode on mos eisely and getting the first two drops destroying buildings and such and then moving on to the dune sea .. that's just epic.  [/spoiler]
Sometimes one must endure the darkness to see the brightest of lights. - anonymous

i bet that in the dice swbf, there will be these things called cps, which you must capture to spawn from :)

Quote from: Ltin on August 13, 2013, 08:31:53 AM
i bet that in the dice swbf, there will be these things called cps, which you must capture to spawn from :)
Woah, what a revolutionary game-play mechanic!

I wonder if they'll have the customization options like the custom infantry and classes on BF3 like in Renegade or Elite Squad.

Also will they remake any of the old BF1 or BF2 maps like Mos Eisley or Yavin 4 in BF3 to keep the same chain of remade Battlefront maps going.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on August 17, 2013, 03:15:27 PM
Also will they remake any of the old BF1 or BF2 maps like Mos Eisley or Yavin 4 in BF3 to keep the same chain of remade Battlefront maps going.
I would love to see any SWBFI or SWBFII maps in the new game. But I DO NOT want to have only the generic Mos Eisley or Yavin IV. I want different maps on those same planets utilizing/optimising the Frostbite Engine. A real Mos Eisley. Get what I mean?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on August 17, 2013, 08:04:26 PM
I would love to see any SWBFI or SWBFII maps in the new game. But I DO NOT want to have only the generic Mos Eisley or Yavin IV. I want different maps on those same planets utilizing/optimising the Frostbite Engine. A real Mos Eisley. Get what I mean?

So something like what Rends did for his SWBFII Mos Eisley map, but much grander and more movie accurate, right? :P