Predictions?

Started by Carbon27, June 19, 2013, 07:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think the new Star Wars Battlefront will be like?

Total Rubbish
2 (5.7%)
Bad
0 (0%)
Not great
3 (8.6%)
Ok
5 (14.3%)
Good
10 (28.6%)
Great
12 (34.3%)
AMAZING!
3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: June 19, 2014, 07:50:04 PM

So...   what do you expect EA's Battlefront to be?

I think, Because EA isn't calling it SWBFIII, they may not include any SWBFI/II maps.  :( But, I'm not sure if they are, or are not calling it SWBF3. I think the game will go along the same basic style, like jumping in any vehicle you want. I do not think the game will be much like SWBFI and SWBFII, but i do believe that EA will do a good job with it, just as long as you get all their DLC's...  I cannot believe I just said...   er... typed, that!

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on June 19, 2013, 07:50:04 PM
So...   what do you expect EA's Battlefront to be?

I think, Because EA isn't calling it SWBFIII, they may not include any SWBFI/II maps.  :( But, I'm not sure if they are, or are not calling it SWBF3. I think the game will go along the same basic style, like jumping in any vehicle you want. I do not think the game will be much like SWBFI and SWBFII, but i do believe that EA will do a good job with it, just as long as you get all their DLC's...  I cannot believe I just said...   er... typed, that!
pretty sure they will at least include hoth since it was shown in the teaser

"This is DICE's interpretation of what Battlefront should be," Söderlund told Eurogamer. "That's the best description you can have. There are absolutely things in the previous Battlefront games that you'll recognise and remember, but DICE wants to put its own flavour on it. That's the only way we can do it. Hence it's called Star Wars: Battlefront, without a 3 at the end. We want to say it's something new.

"But again, it's going to be very Star Wars and very cool."

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-13-star-wars-battlefront-is-dices-interpretation-of-what-battlefront-should-be

QuoteHence it's called Star Wars: Battlefront, without a 3 at the end. We want to say it's something new.

But... but there already is a Star Wars: Battlefront.
It has the : and everything.

Quote from: Phobos on June 19, 2013, 08:00:18 PM
pretty sure they will at least include hoth since it was shown in the teaser
Yeah, but it won't be the SWBF Hoth.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on June 20, 2013, 05:10:46 AM

Yes, I am sure it will be much more graphically pleasing to the eye.

I don't know what the game play will be like, but you can be sure that when they develop this property that it will be true to the movies and will look stunning.

I suspect it means that there will not be a bespin: cloud city as we know it and love it in SWBF.

But you can bet there will be a hoth.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

You can assume there will be certain maps in the new game. Hoth, Geonosis, Endor and maybe some Episode III battles.

I'm pretty sure it will be a good game but whether it will be like this battlefront is another matter. I know it's going to be confusing when people say 'have you got Star Wars: Battlefront on the X-box 1?' :)

There's bound to be most of the planets from BF1 and 2 but I expect they'll be completely new maps (hopefully some will be destructible).
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I think it's fair to say that the majority of the battles seen on screen will be represented in the game, you know brand awareness and all that.

we will probably have most of the maps in swbf and swbf2, although its very likely that they will be completely different from the swbf version. HOWEVER, most of that will probably be in the form of dlc. ea loves dlc. if you buy all the available dlc plus the game for the sims 3, it will cost you $500. while that is a bit extreme, and not dice, you can still bet there will be lost of dlc.

Quote from: Josh on June 20, 2013, 05:10:46 AM
Yea though I bet it will be similar.

Quote from: Phobos on June 20, 2013, 09:46:40 AM
Yea though I bet it will be similar.
it will have snowspeeders, at-ats, and the shield bunker. probably the trenches too. my guess is the layout will be very different

Quote from: Ltin on June 20, 2013, 10:55:59 AM
it will have snowspeeders, at-ats, and the shield bunker. probably the trenches too. my guess is the layout will be very different
i sure hope so. the bf1 hoth layout kind of is unappealing. a bigger hoth with a north outpost and tall glaciers with multiple airbase hangers like i had in a dream would be cool.

I think they'll base some maps off of the Clone Wars series.

I have to wonder if the maps will be traditional star wars locations (Hoth, Bespin, Death Star) or if they will be tied into the movies. Regardless, I am really excited about this game. This franchise is in desperate need of a reboot.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever