Can You RUN It?

Started by Gold Man, June 15, 2013, 01:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, I was just looking around and comparing specs of Battlefield 3 (because it uses Frostbite 2 and SWBF will use Frostbite 3), to see if I could run the new SWBF when it comes out. I came across this website though that has an application that scans your computer to see if you have minimal requirements to play a game. So, I tried to see if I could run Battlefield 3, and cannot. :(

On the other hand though, it wouldn't hurt to see if your computers can run Battlefield 3 (as it's the only game that has the closest specs to the new SWBF right now). Here's the link if you want to try it out:

http://systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Hopefully you guys can run the new SWBF when it comes out!

That site is ok. I tried it before and it told me Team Fortress 2 would not work at all on my machine.
It lied. (TF2 runs like a half dead dog, but it runs well enough to have fun with it.)

When I realized it wasn't exactly accurate, I removed it.

June 15, 2013, 01:59:06 PM #2 Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 02:00:42 PM by ggctuk2005
According to that site, my laptop has no business running anything made prior to 2000. It runs SWBF and SWBFII just fine, and I've gotten away with Tomb Raider Anniversary too. Granted my laptop is genuinely unlikely to be able to run the new SWBF, but unless your laptop comes from the beginning of the last decade, then most of those games it says ou can't play are probably all right to run on your computer.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on June 15, 2013, 01:59:06 PM
According to that site, my laptop has no business running anything made prior to 2000. It runs SWBF and SWBFII just fine, and I've gotten away with Tomb Raider Anniversary too. Granted my laptop is genuinely unlikely to be able to run the new SWBF, but unless your laptop comes from the beginning of the last decade, then most of those games it says ou can't play are probably all right to run on your computer.

Eh, figured I'd share it with yas, had no idea it was so inaccurate though. I actually compared Battlefield 3's minimal specs with my laptops specs recently though, and I can't run it regardless. Graphics card is out of date, and I don't have enough RAM for it. I barely have the memory left to run it too apparently.

I don't think the website is inaccurate, it just compares your specs to those on the back of the box of the game so if windows 95/98 isn't listed there it says it won't play.
I've got most old games I want working on windows 7 64bit from Zork (1980) to Dark forces (1995). The only games that I've failed to get working are from around the late 90's where they were in 16bit or had 16 bit installers (I think that's right but someone probably knows better than me).
Sorry if this was a bit off topic but I actually like fiddling around with Dosbox etc to get old games working. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

At first I thought the title of the thread was Can you RUIN it :P
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on June 16, 2013, 07:02:29 AM
At first I thought the title of the thread was Can you RUIN it :P
Really? I thought the same thing too!

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I thought this thread was a gauntlet challenge.

Yeah, this tool isn't entirely accurate. For some reason, it doesn't read my video card correctly. I just did a test run, and it says I can't run Dishonored, when I already played through the game on High graphics/nearly 50 fps.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever