I dont need my SWBF CD to play?

Started by (Wusi)Trooper X, November 24, 2014, 09:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was just wondering if other people dont need the CD to play? I believe the only reason why this is so is because I have gamemaster patch. Sorry if this might of been said before :P.
History Guy! "Oh without the history..."
Archiving Guy! "Mods are Amazing they make you play the game, even when you cant play online!"

Gamemaster patch is a modified version of no-cd patch.

Ok I didn't know that, thanks.
History Guy! "Oh without the history..."
Archiving Guy! "Mods are Amazing they make you play the game, even when you cant play online!"

Quote from: RepubliqueCmdr on November 24, 2014, 10:27:29 PM
Gamemaster patch is a modified version of no-cd patch.
Now that, I did not know.

I might come back to SWBF then, (I do have a CD still, just too lazy to put it in), assuming I take the time to get my SWBF working properly on Windows 8.1. (Last I checked I ran every compatibility mode down to XP..)

I've only modified my Hosts file, so I still have to have my CD when I play. Just a heads up, if anyone's wondering
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Well not to discourage you Gold Man... But I play SWBF on 8.1 and have never had an issue. So maybe there is still some hope left.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Quote from: Norwood on November 25, 2014, 10:48:04 AM
Well not to discourage you Gold Man... But I play SWBF on 8.1 and have never had an issue. So maybe there is still some hope left.

That note, too. I have 8.1 and it all works fine... I'll work with you if you want me to help you find the issue.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I tried this, I have two EXEs. One I believe I renamed and the other is GM. Neither work without CD. One told me bink something needed or whatever. (Which was the old one) The other said insert disk 1. (Gamemaster) And I am also on 8.1.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Ultimo on November 25, 2014, 11:18:01 AM
That note, too. I have 8.1 and it all works fine... I'll work with you if you want me to help you find the issue.
Yeah, I might simply uninstall/reinstall, and then try it again. Unsure if I modified my Hosts file in SWBF1 though or not (or if I even got far enough to attempt multiplayer). Either way, I know my antivirus thought the SWBF2 executable was unsafe, and restricted access to the exe for me. (Though I believe I solved that issue.)