Any maps or mods that have Sith that can use Force Drain?

Started by KommissarReb, June 20, 2017, 03:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Of all the force attacks, Force Drain is probably my favorite to use in Jedi Academy and SWTOR. This is basically what it is: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_drain

Would it be possible to make a Sith or Dark Jedi unit in SW Battlefront 1 that can use force drain? Like, red force lightning that deals damage, and gives the user health while using it? It wouldn't have much effect on mechanical units, and maybe the unit could be balanced by not having abilities other custom force users may have. I'd love to see this!
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

I don't think that's possible to do in the original game.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

The damage part is possible, and there may be ways around the heal part.  There is an autoheal option for all units.  Maybe it can be per unit, idk.  You might also dispense and invisible health pack at the same time as the damage or something too.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

AFAIK you can't have two ordnances for a weapon. That was changed for SWBF2 because chainguns needed the 'tracer' ordnance.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

I don't know what is considered an ordnance, but clone pilot has zap, plus health pack. 

Basically a weapon is split up into two or three ODF files. First is the properties of the weapon itself. This contains a link to the ordnance file. For guns, this will be the bolt, for missile launchers, this will be the missile, for grenade launchers... you get the idea. All weapons use an ordnance file to function, the ordnance is what the weapon fires. This goes for practically all weapons bar the lightsaber and fusion cutter weapons. The third is an 'explosion' that may occur when the ordnance strikes an object.

The examples you gave are weapons, which require ordnances to function. The ordnance for the ARC Caster, for instance, will be the bolts, while the ordnance for the health and ammo pack will be the halth and ammo pickup.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Ah, I misread your post.  I see two ordinances per weapon, but I initially read it as two per unit.

Autoheal may still be an option, but may have unintended side effects.

Yeah. Autoheal's going to work 100% of the time so the effect the original poster is after might be lost.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Might it be possible in theory to have a weapon fire 2 different ordinances at once?
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Not in the first game. Weapons can only reference one ordnance ODF.
In Progress:

On Hold: