Star Wars: Battlefront Elite Squadron
0 (0%)
Star Wars: Battlefront 2015
0 (0%)
Star Wars: Battlefront II 2017
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: January 24, 2018, 03:08:49 PM

Which is the best Battlefront? Battlefront, Battlefront II, Elite Squadron for PSP, or one of EA's?

You decide, I myself, like SWBFII!

It's certainly tricky. I'd say Battlefront 1 is a better game than Battlefront 2 on their own. But when you take into account mods I think Battlefront 2 becomes the better game. You can mod Battlefront 2 to make it more like Battlefront one but you can't do the same the other way around. For that reason alone I think Battlefront 2 probably has the edge. It's also better because it has a digital edition that's easy to get a hold of. You don't have to track down an old PC copy on eBay or pirate it.

Hey MamaLuigi, how are you doing? Me I played  psp renegade squad and ps2 swbf1 and swbf2 only so I would say swbf2. I see you regularly playing on Fridays on the ps2 server. If you have swbf1 too, we play on Tuesdays, around same time. And if you have facebook, here are the links of the 2 groups.  :cheers:
www.facebook.com/groups/PS2.SWBF1/
www.facebook.com/groups/PS2.SWBFII/

Quote from: swgaming1015 on January 11, 2018, 05:41:54 PM
It's certainly tricky. I'd say Battlefront 1 is a better game than Battlefront 2 on their own. But when you take into account mods I think Battlefront 2 becomes the better game. You can mod Battlefront 2 to make it more like Battlefront one but you can't do the same the other way around. For that reason alone I think Battlefront 2 probably has the edge. It's also better because it has a digital edition that's easy to get a hold of. You don't have to track down an old PC copy on eBay or pirate it.

Pretty much this. They're both incredible games in their own right, but there's just more you can do with BF2 that you can't with BF1.

I agree BF2 is the better game, but BF1 has the edge in a couple areas:
1. Easier to mod. I say this from experience  :XD:
2. Yellow command posts for natives. This is something many people have griped about with BF2 (And the primary reason I mod for BF1 mostly.)
3. Ships on ground maps. Hoth is the only exception.
4. Environmentally appealing, outdoor-sy maps (personal preference.) Kashyyyk Islands and Tatooine Dune Sea were my top 2 favorite maps in BF1 partly for their aesthetics. Death Star, Mygeeto, etc...just don't cut it for me.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

I agree Ascertes, I do love outdoor maps too, kashyyyk, felucia, utapau, mygeeto, geonosis, dagobah, rhen var, citadel, etc..  I'm more a fantasy guy than sci fi guy. I like indoor maps too but prefer outdoor maps :)