Quality mapping!

Started by Dresh, February 07, 2009, 04:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have noticed that a lot of the focus (I may be wrong here) has moved from mapping to modding?  We need to keep up the map making side of things!  I personally don't think that changing the sides look or function, or adding new units and vehicles really adds a lot, where as a good map can keep you playing for hours!  I've been working on a few things (after what i learned doing the Mos Eisley: thisiswar map) and I'll let you know hows things pan out!  I've been trying to concentrate on creating fields that play really well putting thought into troop movement and CP placement.  I may need help with a few aspects but I know where you guys are!

Anyhoo...is anyone else working on any maps that I can look forward to playing?

Man, if you think mapping is dying, look at SWBFFiles. They have nothing but BF1 maps.

Sure, there are a few mods, but mapping is certainly more prevalent over there.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

The problem with mapping is if you want to get something REALLY good, you probably will need to design a few models yourself, which is not an easy thing to do

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Pi is right, if you want something that YOU think looks good, do it yourself. id love to do it for you but i dont know what you want and im not a modder in any way shape or form. (= id like a destructable map btw...e

[color=#FFFFFF]{legends}Darth Verik]

Quote from: "-IAS- Jazz"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If I am not mistaken, that was from the Twilight Zone.

#TYBG

I've not started making my own models yet...I have experience with lightwave so I should be able to get to grips with XSI.  I've not run out of idea's with the models that are available yet cos I've not long started mapping.  I'll let you guys know when I've finished my second map....currently working on a copy of the renegade squadron tatooine map (or at least based on it)!