Endor stock map : Vehicles removed

Started by Syyy, July 20, 2011, 09:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi all,

I'd like to have the Endor map without vehicles to play it online without being always killed by walkers, could someone make it or explain me how to do ?

Thanks  ;)

July 20, 2011, 12:06:40 PM #1 Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:16:22 PM by Buckler
The easiest way would be using Battlebelks Mission tool:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=319

Find the Endor script LUA file:

Change this:

ReadDataFile("SIDE\\all.lvl",
        "all_inf_basicjungle",
        "all_inf_lukeskywalker",
        "all_inf_smuggler");
    ReadDataFile("SIDE\\imp.lvl",
        "imp_hover_speederbike",
        "imp_inf_basic",
        "imp_inf_dark_trooper",
        "imp_inf_darthvader",
        "imp_walk_atst_jungle");
    ReadDataFile("SIDE\\ewk.lvl",
        "all_end_music",
        "ewk_inf_basic")

to

ReadDataFile("SIDE\\all.lvl",
        "all_inf_basicjungle",
        "all_inf_lukeskywalker",
        "all_inf_smuggler");
    ReadDataFile("SIDE\\imp.lvl",
         "imp_inf_basic",
        "imp_inf_dark_trooper",
        "imp_inf_darthvader");
    ReadDataFile("SIDE\\ewk.lvl",
        "all_end_music",
        "ewk_inf_basic")

munge; replace the stock mission.lvl tool with the new mission.lvl tool.

I have done this for endor only, and have attached it to this post.

Note that the HOST must have this file in order for it to work, but the players DO NOT have to have this file.

If you play with this file and the host DOES NOT have it, you will crash.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Lol. yes this mod works, but a more effective way is hex editing the end1.lvl itself. That way there are no crashes. just remove all vehicle_spawns.

Quote from: Zombie Hotel Developer on July 20, 2011, 04:06:25 PM
Lol. yes this mod works, but a more effective way is hex editing the end1.lvl itself. That way there are no crashes. just remove all vehicle_spawns.

The host would still need to have the file.

Online compatible mods suit playing with the majority of players at any given time. The few that know how to download and install a file can be the ones that not only play cooler mods but see.

Well, i tried and edited the end1a.lua & end1a_h.lua files, but it doesnt work : i mean when the map is loading, the game crashes...

Quote from: Syrion on July 21, 2011, 11:52:02 AM
Well, i tried and edited the end1a.lua & end1a_h.lua files, but it doesnt work : i mean when the map is loading, the game crashes...

well, you need to provide more details about what you did--did you munge the file, properly?  put in the new mission.lvl file properly, what exactly did you do ?

The file that I attached to my original post DOES work.

The HOST must have the file in order for there to not be any vehicles.

If ONLY YOU have the file, and the HOST does not, you will crash, as explained earlier.

After editing the end1a.lua & end1a_h.lua files :

1. i ran munge.bat
2. uploaded mission.lvl
3. downloaded it from the dedicated server
4. placed it in the data server files
5. ran the server
6. joined
7. crashed

BUT

I tried to play in single player, it also crashed : seems that my end1.lvl file is corrupted...

You need the BFBuillder tools and a BFBuilder Pro or some of the other similar ones out there to create a map/world data folder in your mod tools folders. Labeled it just like the stocked game map and for the folder id it will have to be labled end1. Correct me if that is not the right letters. Find what you created in your BFBuilder data folders and replace every file in there with a copy of every file in the BFBuilder assets shipped world endor folders. Then look in the world folder for a file that contains the world objects. It might be a .lyr or a .wld file. Open it with any notepad type program and look for the vehicles you want to cut out. Then save and double click the munge icon in the data folder you created. Now look for the end1.lvl file created in the addon folder of the BFBuilder folders.
Most of the above is from me and how I create Cloud City online compatible maps.
I have read some similar instruction on game toast but not understood until recent.

So,

I tried again after reinstalling swbf, that was my original map which wasn't working, now this is fine, i can join the server, but when i spawn, when the countdown comes to 1, the game crashes.

Phobos, could you please explain me how to hex edit the file and where can i find the vehicule-spawns line?

Cull, I'm not enough skilled in BfBuilder to try anything on it, maybe later, i'll take the time to learn how to use it.

Thanks everybody :)

January 28, 2012, 06:27:30 AM #10 Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:44:21 AM by Buckler
OK, I will upload a dedicated server package for no-vehicles.  I will update this post when it is complete.

Here is the server that PLA uses for no vehicles:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=428

Quote from: Syrion on January 28, 2012, 04:52:57 AM
Phobos, could you please explain me how to hex edit the file and where can i find the vehicule-spawns line?
Open any map LVL in a hex editor and search for the line "vehicle_spawn" all instances of these can be hex edited out as 00s.

Another way is to make memorypool 0 in the LUA to disable specific classes of vehicles. Yet another way is through zeroeditor, but that is the most complicated method.

Okay thanks Buckler, i'll try your dedicated server, and use Phobos' way later! :b