Custom Resolution ingame (Addon Only)

Started by Dark_Phantom, February 09, 2022, 07:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Custom Resolution ingame (Addon Only)

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1602

This mod is simply to allow a custom resolution to be set ingame in 1.2, rather than through a custom program. Even though it is in addon, it does not take away from the 50 mission addon cap in 1.2.

The option can be found after you log in and select "Options".  The menu option is at the bottom.

I do not have a 2k/4k monitor, I only tested it with 1080p since those are what I have.  Setting the resolution to an unsupported res forced the game into 800x600.

Once the resolution has been set, as long as you don't go into the video options screen in the shell, it should stay, even if you restart the game or remove the mod.
I may expand on this in the future.  Consider it a proof of concept of sorts for new menus/settings.

This does NOT set the menu resolution, which is locked to 800x600 in 1.2.

Credits:
Dark_Phantom - Creator
BAD_AL - example code to replace screens in BF2
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

does this allow me to set the resolution to 4k if i have a 4k monitor ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Couldn't test.  My monitors don't let me go above 1080p and just default back down to 800x600 when I try. (4k would be 3840x2160)
If you could post and let me know if it does work, that'd be great.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

yep sets to 4k for me.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh