Third era

Started by TimoCruz, May 09, 2022, 06:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So i've created a third era using the Interface Tool and got it working on all maps except the ones that only have 1 era by default. these maps don't give the option to choose an era and just add the map with the single era they have. How do I make it come up with the era select for these maps?

follow this tutorial and download my addme. this is the best way to add new eras since it doesent overwrite any files.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Quote from: wsa30h on May 09, 2022, 12:49:45 PMfollow this tutorial and download my addme. this is the best way to add new eras since it doesent overwrite any files.
You didn't link anything.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

-- bf1 tcw battles

I followed the tutorial but I my third era still isn't showing up on single era map unfortunatley

did you make the script with the a supported era letter ?
-- bf1 tcw battles

Yeah the era works fine on all maps except the single era ones. It's really confusing me cos I followed the tutorial

Because the tutorial doesn't encompass that.

You've added the "era" references, but it won't matter unless you add mission files to support it. (See "Mission.lvl builder" in the search bar to learn about adding or just compiling the stock missions in the game.)

In missionlist.lua, there's a list of missions. In the game's lua scripting, there's a section of code that says if there's only one "side_x = 1" reference (x being the side code, a/c/i/r) that it will NOT load the 2nd screen to select an era.  This is for cleanliness and makes sense because why have the user select when they don't have a choice anyway? To fix it, you'd have to modify the missionlist table either through the addme (which is how the mod maps work) or modify the original missionlist using the shell.lvl builders on here.

TL;DR - There's many steps to this process that you should probably give the search bar a workout, experiment, then create threads detailing whatever goes wrong.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Thanks a lot man! I looked into the missionlist stuff and how to change it and i've finally got it working! Much appreciated  :cheer:

glad to hear its working.
-- bf1 tcw battles